GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (16-13-2, 34 Pts) vs. Detroit Red Wings (16-13-4, 36 Pts), 7 PM, MSGSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Anyone have any idea if something’s wrong with Jack?
He might still be feeling his shoulder but I think he’s mostly just pressing and getting no breaks.

When you’re pressing and/or not feeling confident the puck fights you instead of helping you; that’s where he is at right now, imo.

His ice time was down the last 2 games so the team is recognizing the struggle. Getting away from the rink for 3 days going away with a win hopefully refreshes his perspective.

Its Always Sundstrom

Among the optimists.
Sponsor
Dec 1, 2019
Land of Hope & Cups.

IMG_4452.jpeg

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Missed ya comments in the GDT, lol. He just looks disinterested outside of the powerplay, kinda hoping it was the break but I can definitely see it being the shoulder acting up again.
Thanks!

If you meant that in the sense that you didn’t see my posts, it’s cause I didn’t post, I couldn’t catch the game tonight unfortunately! If you meant it in the sense that you missed my inputs this game, I appreciate it lol! Always nice to read that. I’ll be here for Wednesday’s game!

Camille the Eel

I was there tonight too my 5th game and 1st win! Yeah as soon as Detroit made it 1-0 I heard a few "Fire Lindy" chants. It was just few fans. Another quick one and it was going to go from 6 to 16,000 lol. Been down on the team like everyone else but, felt good about what I was watching even after Detroit went up 2-1. Going to be a much merrier Christmas in Devilsland now. Happy for Timo and Tafoli. They needed that big time.
All 3 of our goals were just the kind of traffic in front, take it to the net and get your nose dirty goals we need to get more of (as the beautiful game is not always working) and that we certainly needed tonight. Plus it was the most physical I’ve seen us play all year, and maybe the hardest I’ve seen us play (like the most we wanted a game) too.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
All 3 of our goals were just the kind of traffic in front, take it to the net and get your nose dirty goals we need to get more of (as the beautiful game is not always working) and that we certainly needed tonight. Plus it was the most physical I’ve seen us play all year, and maybe the hardest I’ve seen us play (like the most we wanted a game) too.

And figured Timo scored 2 of them, hopefully the break lets that injury heal up because we need him scoring like that to be an effective team because our rush offense needs a different element to consistently score.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
And figured Timo scored 2 of them, hopefully the break lets that injury heal up because we need him scoring like that to be an effective team because our rush offense needs a different element to consistently score.

He looked more like himself. Skating with some confidence. Throwing a few hits.

Hopefully means he is starting to feel better.

Bad news is now Jack looks disengaged

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
This. Many many big hits. Even Toffoli threw a wing into the bench

A Timo play that stuck to me while watching some highlights was his pass to Holtz in the slot. He sold shot and went pass. That was nice.
He also had a few solo transitions up the ice with the puck as well. Seems like his speed is slowly coming back

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
From highlights I saw on Twitter and general highlights, looks like Simon had a pretty good game again tonight. Saw the miscue on the 1st goal. Fortunately, that’s a very teachable moment for him. Easy to see on tape, easy to correct.

Reactions: My3Sons and Guadana

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
He looked more like himself. Skating with some confidence. Throwing a few hits.

Hopefully means he is starting to feel better.

Bad news is now Jack looks disengaged
He did manage to have a secondary assist and he did also help to screen the goalie on a flyby in front of the crease.

When Jack was on that torrid goal scoring pace mid last season he was scoring a good amount of rebound goals down low finding the soft spots around the crease.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
Finally a win going into the break. With 50 games left they definitely need to pick up on the minus and plus difference. I still don’t trust our goaltending and during the break Ruff needs to fix the defense, although their young and we need Hamilton back, especially for the pp. Happy Holidays!

Reactions: My3Sons

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
From looking at extended highlights, looks like we played a pretty solid game overall? Defensively pretty solid and created some offensively?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad