GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (11-4-3) @ Wienerpeg Jets (11-4-3), 3 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Look for me on TV! Though we usually don’t get on because my wife wears her Flyers jersey lol.

This is assuming we don’t freeze to death on the 5 minute walk over. The “real feel” at 2pm is 4 degrees (Fahrenheit)
Ah, so a beautiful spring-like morning in Winnipeg, then.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Look for me on TV! Though we usually don’t get on because my wife wears her Flyers jersey lol.

This is assuming we don’t freeze to death on the 5 minute walk over. The “real feel” at 2pm is 4 degrees (Fahrenheit)

If your celebration is good enough, there's a good chance you'll be included as a gif for the next game.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
This should be interesting. Winnipeg would be the kind of team that would give the Devils fits if they were structured, like St. Louis, Washington, LA, SJ, etc. Big teams that can grind it out and play a very structured game seem to be the best counter to the Devils speed. But this is a big, fast, unstructured team. I am curious to see how this plays out.

Anyone else feel like Travis looked actually pretty quick the other night? I was actually a bit surprised. I'm excited to see him work back into the lineup.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
I'll be there in the nosebleeds. Went for a walk this morning. Nice and crisp. I await the crisp taste of beer while watching the game. Tough to beat.

We will need Cory to have a big game today. Their top 6 is no joke but I think our bottom 6 is better.

I may have a stroke if I see Ehlers streaking down the wing with Lovejoy in coverage.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
If your celebration is good enough, there's a good chance you'll be included as a gif for the next game.

Yes, acting cocky on a goal celebration at an away game is a sure-fire way to enter Devls HOF gif status. Especially if you're a poor dancer.

Last edited:

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
STOP.SCRATCHING.ZACHA.

As much as I hate it, we just have to accept the fact that Zacha is going to be scratched until he is sent to Bingo. They don' like his style of play and until he starts playing a north south Miles Wood or Jimmy Hayes type game, he's just not going to stick in the lineup.

If the team keeps winning, I don't care. But I still believe the team is better with him than without him.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
If Zacha was 30 rather than 20, nobody would care that he's scratched given his play this season.

In fact, the same people ******* about him being scratched would want him scratched for a fetus in the AHL. These folks are fetus-lovers. Period.

Reactions: Oneiro

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
If Zacha was 30 rather than 20, nobody would care that he's scratched given his play this season.

In fact, the same people ******* about him being scratched would want him scratched for a fetus in the AHL. These folks are fetus-lovers. Period.
If he was 30 rather than 20, he wouldn't have been benched in the first place.

And honestly, you think Noesen has contributed more? Henrique? He may not have been playing "great", but he's been better than some other passengers on this team.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
If he was 30 rather than 20, he wouldn't have been benched in the first place.

And honestly, you think Noesen has contributed more? Henrique? He may not have been playing "great", but he's been better than some other passengers on this team.

He has fewer goals, points and shots on goal than Jimmy Hayes. Henrique has four more points and nearly double his shots on goal.

Zacha is twenty, so there's hope still, but he has not been good enough. If he's not drawing back into the lineup it's because he's not making the changes to his game they want to see in practice.

He's been playing like a third line checking forward. That's not the player we drafted him to be, not even close.

Reactions: BenedictGomez

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

Yes to both. They both contribute in ways that dont show up in the box score. Noesen particularly has been playing pretty well lately.

And the Henrique argument that constantly repeats itself is very strange, because his numbers are better than Zacha's.

To which the fetus-lovers will predictably respond, but, but, but...... /60 and Zacha's better! Well, if the coaching staff wasnt worried about him being a liability, he'd get more ice time, so that's a bit of a chicken & egg thing, not to mention, 1/2 the disparity is the fact Henrique gets used a lot more on the Penalty Kill, which is not time when you're expected to put up numbers anyway.

You look at everything objectively, and the fact is the NJ brass is right, Zacha probably should be the odd-man-out right now.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
He has fewer goals, points and shots on goal than Jimmy Hayes. Henrique has four more points and nearly double his shots on goal.

Zacha is twenty, so there's hope still, but he has not been good enough. If he's not drawing back into the lineup it's because he's not making the changes to his game they want to see in practice.

He's been playing like a third line checking forward. That's not the player we drafted him to be, not even close.
Lol man you were the one who said Zacha looks 0% better by his second shift in the Chicago game. You seem to have a lot of patience with him /s

Why don’t you compare Henrique and Zachas even strength stats?

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
If you're going to tell me Noesen contributes in more ways than just on the scoreboard/statistically, then tell me Zacha shouldn't be playing because his stats aren't good enough, I don't know what to tell you.

Zacha contributes defensively far more than Noesen. Zacha drives play up the ice better than Noesen. He makes lots of little, smart plays that don't show up on the scoreboard, but are exceptionally important to winning games. Could he be better? Sure. Should he be better? Absolutely. I'm not going to argue that. But I can't believe we are going to use the lack of stats to justify sitting Zacha while using the argument that stats aren't everything to justify playing other players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille