GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (1-0-1, 3 Pts) vs. Florida Panthers (0-2-0, 0 Pts), 7 PM, MSGSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
We've got some work to do here at the Rock tonight!

giphy.gif

Despite taking 3 out of 4 points to start, the Captain's line has struggled out of the gate and the PK has been abysmal to say the least.

giphy.gif

But, even if you can't get every line rolling, this team's talent is deep enough to lift everybody up!

giphy.gif

Jack and his line are on fire out of the gate, and the Vitek had a strong outing in Game 1.

giphy.gif

In come the defending Eastern Conference Champion Florida Panthers, who are looking every bit like the moldy paper tiger they seemed like they were out of the gate.

3104ea525189e64efa0ee9fd551659813aae7ce0.gif

So let's keep them winless, improve upon our current flaws and take it to 'em tonight!

9a98030d-df32-40a4-bc3c-3da53740691b_text.gif

Your New Jersey Devils Projected Lineup:

#63 Jesper Bratt - #86 Jack Hughes (A) - #73 Tyler Toffoli
#28 Timo Meier - #13 Nico Hischier (C) - #18 Ondrej Palat (A)
#91 Dawson Mercer - #56 Erik Haula - #10 Alexander Holtz
#42 Curtis Lazar - #20 Michael McLeod - #14 Nathan Bastian

#71 Jonas Siegenthaler - #7 Dougie Hamilton
#88 Kevin Bahl - #6 John Marino
#2 Brendan Smith - #43 Luke Hughes

#41 Vitek Vanecek
#40 Akira Schmid

giphy.gif

Florida Panthers Projected Lineup:

#23 Carter Verhaeghe - #16 Aleksander Barkov (C) - #17 Evan Rodrigues
#25 Mackie Samoskevich - #27 Eetu Luostarinen - #19 Matthew Tkachuk (A)
#21 Nick Cousins - #15 Anton Lundell - #13 Sam Reinhart
#94 Ryan Lomberg - #82 Kevin Stenlund - #18 Steven Lorentz

#42 Gustav Forsling - #91 Oliver Ekman-Larsson
#77 Niko Mikkola - #7 Dmitry Kulikov
#28 Josh Mahura - #26 Uvis Balinskis

#72 Sergei Bobrovsky
#41 Anthony Stolarz

giphy.gif

LFGD

giphy.gif

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
As completely unconcerned as I am about the first two games, I don;t really want to deal with the narratives around here if they look flat tonight so just don't do that please?

Right? You would think we got 0 points from the first 2 games, instead of 3.

The flat starts are something that needs to improve, but I'm not that concerned yet.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
As completely unconcerned as I am about the first two games, I don;t really want to deal with the narratives around here if they look flat tonight so just don't do that please?
on a discussion board? The narrative is that that was arguably their biggest issue last year and is already indicitive of an issue this year. The devils play the first period like a team wanting to tank for a good draft pick.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
on a discussion board? The narrative is that that was arguably their biggest issue last year and is already indicitive of an issue this year. The devils play the first period like a team wanting to tank for a good draft pick.

I think it is more that they play the first period like a team that knows it's good, and doesn't take their opponents as seriously as they should. Other teams also throw their best at us because they know we're good.

This is the result.

Reactions: My3Sons

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Was there discussion around here about Lindy’s line tinkering? Mercer to 3LW and Palat to 2RW seem like extremely weird changes, but i’ll wait and see how it works out.

Of course what we KNOW is gonna happen is the Devils are come out flat again and the blender gets turned on roughly 15 minutes into the first.

Reactions: PKs Broken Stick
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad