Olympics: Your movie version of Sochi...

• Thread starter OttawaRoughRiderFan*
  • Start date

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

If you were writing a screenplay about the Olympic hockey, how would it have played out?

In my version, a seat has been left empty during every American game in the hope that the ghost of Herb Brooks (played by Kurt Russell) will appear - the tension builds because we never know if he will. The players continually look over. Only they know why the seat is empty and that the price of the seat was paid for by an orphanage from Herb's home town. Then, there is a foreshadowing moment when HB briefly appears to dislodge the net before Russia's 3rd goal.

After that, Dan Balsma (played by Kevin Costner) looks up at Brian Burke (played by Brian Burke) and winks. They KNOW!!!

The game continues and we wonder if the U.S. will win because Herb is gone. It goes to a shootout. Herb suddenly appears before the shootout when he is seen in the seat by ONLY the players. He is screaming a thundering "Again!!!" as TJ Oshie shoots over and over and over. The Russian players complain to the refs about Herb's godly influence but the refs CAN'T see HB. Zach Parise, played by Tom Cruise, giggles to himself. Now he knows.

The U.S. wins!!!

After the game, TJ Oshie (played by Jared Leto) walks away from the arena alone, a Gold Medal around his neck, his stick and hockey bag hung over his shoulder and meets Emilio Estevez by the water. They talk about what this will mean. How this will change history. Emilio turns to Leto and says, "Tonight's game was a...", pausing, searching for the word. TJ finishes his thought with "...miracle". Tears run down Leto's face as "Gordon Bombay" shakes his hand and walks off into the dark.

The screen cuts to black and the credits explain that the U.S. did not really win Gold but characters and events were changed for dramatic purpose.

Not a dry eye in the house. Movie makes a $250,000,000 in domestic sales. Freakin beautiful.

Last edited by a moderator:

ToewsGretzky*

Mar 10, 2014
Algonquin Park
Nice storyline, but in reality I think USA hockey needs to overhaul its entire operations, there just isn't the quality depth down the middle at the centre position for them to compete with the best. This is not a slant against the US, I really would like to see them win gold for once, its just I'm not confident they have the horses to make a run for it.

Canada should stand as an example of utter excellence, heart and will for all to learn from. Now lets get out there and grow this great Canadian game!

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Nice storyline, but in reality I think USA hockey needs to overhaul its entire operations, there just isn't the quality depth down the middle at the centre position for them to compete with the best. This is not a slant against the US, I really would like to see them win gold for once, its just I'm not confident they have the horses to make a run for it.

Canada should stand as an example of excellence for all to learn from. Lets grow this great Canadian game!

Amen, brother. I agree 100%.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad