Your move

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
So your David Poile.....
You are sitting in your leather office chair at home bug eyed watching it rain out the window. You just poured your third glass of scotch on the rocks and in your mind is what happened today....

----lost out on your target Briere.

----watched Dallas revamp it's team in the matter of a few hours.

-----Biggest day of the year is a little over 12 hours from now and you have key pieces to fill. You cannot have another season like last year.

-----Your roster has been cleaned out since last year and you know you have to improve the team.

The deck of cards is in your hands.
What move do you make.

Who is your #1 forward target and how do you plan to get it??

Who is your role player forward target?

Who is your #1 backup goalie target?

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
As soon as Briere signed with MTL I put in a waiver claim on Grabovski... unless Tampa wants him too, I have my number #1 C. Just in case Grabo doesnt fall to me I have had discussions with Roy and Ribiero. Im waiting on Hortons agent to get back to me about the 7 year deal 5.25AAV I have offered.

And Dan Ellis has already committed Im just waiting to announce it tomorrow

tserberis*

Claim Grabo, if not then we not going to have a center:)

Try Clowe

They can bring some vet from Europe aka Anahiem.

Cause if Rinne goes down none of anyone available on NA market will help us.

RaiderDoug

Feb 5, 2007
Knoxville
Maybe it's just me, but I don't see Seguin as a huge upgrade over Eriksson from a production standpoint. And they already had a #1 center in Benn, so who's going to man the wings. Erik Cole? Meh.

Anyways, if I'm DP, then I put in a claim on Grabovski, then sign one of MacArthur or Stalberg.

My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Colin Wilson ($2.000m) / Mikhail Grabovski ($5.500m) / Clarke MacArthur ($3.750m)
Filip Forsberg ($1.461m) / Mike Fisher ($4.200m) / Patric Hornqvist ($4.250m)
Gabriel Bourque ($0.775m) / David Legwand ($4.500m) / Taylor Beck ($0.887m)
Richard Clune ($0.538m) / Paul Gaustad ($3.250m) / Craig Smith ($2.000m)
DEFENSEMEN
Shea Weber ($7.857m) / Roman Josi ($4.000m)
Kevin Klein ($2.900m) / Seth Jones ($3.775m)
Mattias Ekholm ($1.025m) / Victor Bartley ($0.667m)
Ryan Ellis ($1.440m) /
GOALTENDERS
Pekka Rinne ($7.000m)
Dan Ellis ($1.000m)
OTHER
Buried: Sergei Kostitsyn ($2.075m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,848,810; BONUSES: $1,235,000
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $686,190

tserberis*

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see Seguin as a huge upgrade over Eriksson from a production standpoint. And they already had a #1 center in Benn, so who's going to man the wings. Erik Cole? Meh.

Anyways, if I'm DP, then I put in a claim on Grabovski, then sign one of MacArthur or Stalberg.

My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Colin Wilson ($2.000m) / Mikhail Grabovski ($5.500m) / Clarke MacArthur ($3.750m)
Filip Forsberg ($1.461m) / Mike Fisher ($4.200m) / Patric Hornqvist ($4.250m)
Gabriel Bourque ($0.775m) / David Legwand ($4.500m) / Taylor Beck ($0.887m)
Richard Clune ($0.538m) / Paul Gaustad ($3.250m) / Craig Smith ($2.000m)
DEFENSEMEN
Shea Weber ($7.857m) / Roman Josi ($4.000m)
Kevin Klein ($2.900m) / Seth Jones ($3.775m)
Mattias Ekholm ($1.025m) / Victor Bartley ($0.667m)
Ryan Ellis ($1.440m) /
GOALTENDERS
Pekka Rinne ($7.000m)
Dan Ellis ($1.000m)
OTHER
Buried: Sergei Kostitsyn ($2.075m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,848,810; BONUSES: $1,235,000
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $686,190

Rumor is Benn will be moved to W on the line of

Nichushkin Seguin Benn

braindead

Jul 14, 2005
The cookie spoke
I'd trade for Vanek before my deadline to make a claim for Grabo. Overpay. Take the risk he won't re-sign but mitigate it with a conditional pick.

I was hoping GMDP could get Grabovski without a waiver claim. Now I think he should bite the bullet and make the claim if he can't land Vanek asap. It's 1.5M of "get a useful player" insurance. He is a better fit/risk for us than Briere for sure.

I'd make a run at Stalberg, then Brunner but settle for a project like Mueller.

Honestly, I'd be ok with just Grabo at this point. I'd move Legwand to wing and give Smith/Beck/Forsberg shots at a couple of open top 6 slots.

tserberis*

Sounds like a fun line to watch. Dallas spending cap space like it's going out of style this off-season. Could work out for them, or they could end up as this year's Buffalo.

They also have a few Prospects that showed some skill end of last season. Chaisson one of them.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
backup goalies are a dime a dozen... Ellis is the best fit because he's already played here. if not him I'd chat up Nabokov and see if he would take backup money and a definite backup spot... if he says no then check in with Jose Theodore...

as for UFAs if none of the high target folks pan out Clowe and Boyes would be on my radar.

the trade market is hard to read but if a team signs a big $$ UFA and needs to cut some salary thats most likely where Poile could make a score

Last edited by a moderator:

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
backup goalies are a dime a dozen... Ellis is the best fit because he's already played here. if not him I'd chat up Nabokov and see if he would take backup money and a definite backup spot... if he says no then check in with Jose Theodore...

as for UFAs if none of the high target folks pan out Clowe and Boyes would be on my radar.

the trade market is hard to read but if a team signs a big $$ UFA and needs to cut some salary thats most likely where Poile could make a score

A salary cut trade is what i am thinking as well. A pickup completely under the radar and that was not speculated on.

I don't think they go a one time Predator as a backup to Peka. Im thinking it will be a bigger pickup than some anticipate.

No one is talking about Stalberg. I think he is are best shot when it comes to the FA market.

Horton would be my first choice but chatter says he is going to be a Jacket. I believe that.

Getting Stalberg and Grabo would be some nice pickups.

I firmly believe we did not snatch Grabbo.

So im thinking Stalberg and a under the radar trade is what i take shots over. Scotch straight.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Sign Brunner. Grab Grabo off waivers. Sign Ference. Trade Ellis for MPS. Sign DiPietro as back up.

FF Grabo Wilson
MPS Legwand Hornqvist
Borque Fisher Brunner
Spaling Goose Smith

Josi-Weber
Jones-Klein
Ference-Bartley

Rinne
DiPietro

What will happen

Sign Mueller, Sign Brunner, Sign Dan Ellis Done.

tserberis*

Ok after sober up a bit that what I was going to do!

Use compliance buyout on SK and Goose

Regular buyout on Gill

Claim Grab

Go after Brunner and Clowe.

Trade Ellis for pick

Bring from over seas Lars Haugen as a wild horse back up!

Also Corvo or White for D help.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad