Your Lineup & Sutter's Lineup

bloggerfanthe*

Get use to it. Sutter is the same as he was in Calgary. Prefers vets over rookies. This will never change. Doesn't matter if the kid can score, he'll play grinders over goal scorers.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Get use to it. Sutter is the same as he was in Calgary. Prefers vets over rookies. This will never change. Doesn't matter if the kid can score, he'll play grinders over goal scorers.

That's not true, Jeff Carter plays plenty. Also just about every coach in the NHL prefers Vets over rookies. Kopitar is not some grinder, neither is Justin Williams...

They are Vets(and still in the NHL) playing over Rookies, for a reason....

Last edited:

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA

That's pretty obvious. All you have to do is look at our 3rd line. We basically have the same 4 (Clifford, King, Stoll and Lewis) that played our 3rd line from last year. I don't see a whole lot of improvement there.

If Pearson can't replace a grinder like Clifford and TT can't replace a Lewis, yeah, you can definitely say that Sutter prefers grinders over scorers.

If we're going to contend for the cup, we ain't going to do it with Clifford/King-Stoll-Lewis as our 3rd line, that's for sure.

sinister6000

Apr 30, 2013
Frattin/ Kopitar/ Toffoli
Clifford/ Richards/Williams
Brown/ Carter/ Vey
Carcillo/ Lewis/ Nolan

Regehr Doughty
Mitchell Voynov
Muzzin Greene

King, Fraser, Martinez, Ellerby
Which ever line is playing the best, gets the most ice time game by game. Kopitar and Richards can check the other teams top lines. Trade Stoll.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown

He seemed to have trust in some rookies when he had the likes of Voynov, King and Nolan in the lineup during the Cup run. What sense does it make to have a scorer in a checking role if he doesn't check?

Dharvey33

Apr 30, 2010
Hey guys any reasons Toffoli didn't make the club? I tought he was a lock after last year's playoff. I was considering him a threath for the calder this year.

Puck U

2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
Aug 2, 2005
Apple Valley, CA.
If we're going to contend for the cup, we ain't going to do it with Clifford/King-Stoll-Lewis as our 3rd line, that's for sure.

Hmmm ? :huh: is that so ? :badidea: you don't say ? ... then ummm,

... who was our 3rd line when we WON the Stanley cup in 2012 again ? http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1205611

and who was our 3rd line when we went to the Conference Finals again in 2013 ? http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1443595

OH YEAH ... these guys !
8474100.jpg
8468526.jpg
8473453.jpg

:sarcasm:

Don't get me wrong I understand your point, and even tend to agree with you to a degree, I'd like to maybe see Pearson / Stoll / Toffoli as a 3rd line and Clifford-King / Lewis-Fraser / Nolan as our 4th line, but to say we CAN'T compete with Clifford/King-Stoll-Lewis as our 3rd line FOR SURE ... is ... well ... JUST WRONG ! because we have, and we've WON a cup with them as our 3rd line already. ;)

Last edited:

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Hey guys any reasons Toffoli didn't make the club? I tought he was a lock after last year's playoff. I was considering him a threath for the calder this year.

The acquisition of Frattin plus forcing Toffoli to play out of his natural position are probably the two biggest reasons as to why the Kings are sending Toffoli back to Manchester, where he could be allowed to play top six minutes, learn to be a leader, and continue to play his natural position.

It's a waste of his talents to have him on the 3rd line and that third line RW spot is tailor made for Trevor Lewis (who I expect to make more of a contribution to the team this season) and the 4th line role is better filled by a hard hitting forward like Jordan Nolan. Hence, no room for Toffoli on the Kings until a top six forward goes down.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
Hmmm ? :huh: is that so ? :badidea: you don't say ? ... then ummm,

... who was our 3rd line when we WON the Stanley cup in 2012 again ? http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1205611

and who was our 3rd line when we went to the Conference Finals again in 2013 ? http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1443595

OH YEAH ... these guys !
8474100.jpg
8468526.jpg
8473453.jpg

:sarcasm:

Don't get me wrong I understand your point, and even tend to agree with you to a degree, I'd like to maybe see Pearson / Stoll / Toffoli as a 3rd line and Clifford-King / Lewis-Fraser / Nolan as our 4th line, but to say we CAN'T compete with Clifford/King-Stoll-Lewis as our 3rd line FOR SURE ... is ... well ... JUST WRONG ! because we have, and we've WON a cup with them as our 3rd line already. ;)

I do agree with your points in which you agree with me. :nod: :D :p:

Other than that, someone should deprive of you of all your emoticons. :help: :rant: ;)

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
We are a team that is built for the playoffs.

King is 6'3" 234 lbs

Nolan is 6'3" 222lbs

Kyle Clifford is 6'1" 211lbs

Jarret Stoll is 6'1" 213 lbs

Trevor Lewis is 6'1 199lbs

Colin Fraser is 6'1" 195lbs

Daniel Carcillo is 6'o" 207lbs.

Our bottom 6 is giant and heavy. They are really hard to play against and over a 7 games series simply beat down our opponents.

That said going into the playoffs I see us having a more experienced and developed Toffi and Pearson who will be ready to step in and provide spark/offence if needed and that we will end up being fine as a result.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
I feel that Clifford, King, and Lewis will all have at least 10-15 goal seasons this year so I dont fear lack of production from the bottom six.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I feel that Clifford, King, and Lewis will all have at least 10-15 goal seasons this year so I dont fear lack of production from the bottom six.

I think that's a very realistic expectation from those three. Clifford had 7 in 48, Lewis 5 in 48, and King 4 in 47. I think they could produce more given a full season and should hit the ranges you penciled them in for.

The season prior Clifford scored 5 in 81, King scored 5 in 27, and Lewis only netted 3 in 72. They'll be better players this coming season and the bottom six should produce better numbers, as should the top six.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA

I do find it interesting that you picked 3 guys who have never scored 10 goals in a single season, but yet, you leave out Stoll, who has scored 20+ goals in two seasons.

Kurri??? :sarcasm:

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago

i will be happy if we see all three with 10-20 pts overall. that would be an improvement which would result in enough extra offense to win us a few games.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Bleh, I think that Stoll will have another down season in regards to point production but he will be an effective locker room,PK,Faceoff type of guy. I'de be happy with 10 goals from Stoll this year; really not expecting much point wise.
I do find it interesting that you picked 3 guys who have never scored 10 goals in a single season, but yet, you leave out Stoll, who has scored 20+ goals in two seasons.

Kurri??? :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad