Marchand - Zacha - Pasta
Debrusk - Coyle - Frederic
Heinen - Beecher - Geekie
Lauko - Boqvist - Maroon

Gryz - McAvoy
Lohrie - Carlo
Witherspoon - Shattenkirk

Swayman

This is the lineup I would trot out there.
Once Brazeau is ready - plug him in where Heinen is and run Heinen with Boqvist and Maroon.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
Marchand - Zacha - Pasta
Lauko - Boqvist - Maroon

Gryz - McAvoy
Lohrie - Carlo

Swayman

Once Brazeau is ready - plug him in where Heinen is and run Heinen with Boqvist and Maroo. where is Lindholm ???????????????
Where is # 27 ????????????????????

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I probably wouldn’t do much, other than cover for Peeke’s injury. I might consider trying Lauko or Boqvist on the top line instead of Heinen, they might bring a different element that could make it harder to play against

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
If Peeke didn’t get hurt I’d be all for Lorhei, but if you bring him in now, not sure how you do the pairings.

Lorhei McAvoy
Lindholm Carlo
Forbort Wotherspoon

?

shoulders7

Jan 28, 2009
Peabody
If Peeke didn’t get hurt I’d be all for Lorhei, but if you bring him in now, not sure how you do the pairings.

Lorhei McAvoy
Lindholm Carlo
Forbort Wotherspoon

?
Lohrei-McAvoy
Wotherspoon-Carlo
Lindholm-Shattenkirk

That’s how I would do it. Even out the pairs and keep Lohrei and Shattenkirk’s ice time down if need be. If Lohrei is going to play game 3 is the time. If they lose game 3 and he draws in for game 4 the pressure will be intense. If you’re going to shelter Gryz anyways then take a chance with the kid.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
11 F 7 D

Scratch Lauko, insert Forbort and Wotherspoon. Double shift Pasta, manage Gryz's minutes carefully, let Shattenkirk run point on the PP, Forbort for PKing, let McAvoy be a 5-on-5 beast.

I am not a fan of 11F + 7D but if I were ever going to do it, this might be the game.

Reactions: bob77

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Lorhei McAvoy
Lindholm Carlo
Forbort Wotherspoon

?

Lindholm - McAvoy

Wotherspoon - Carlo

Lohrei - Shattenkirk

They won't get last change so lean on Lindholm - McAvoy heavily. Put Wotherspoon with Carlo so you have two good defensive players together and limit the minutes for Lohrei and Shattenkirk as much as possible to mitigate the bad match-up Keefe will try to exploit.

They are paying Lindholm/McAvoy/Carlo big bucks this is where you try to lean hard on your Top 3 D-men to get your through two tough road playoff games. We've seen teams win cups leaning hard into their Top 3 or 4 D-men for 4 rounds. This is just two games I don't think it's out of line at all to ask those players to play more for these two road games. Reevaluate for Game 5.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
If Peake were healthy I would have Peake, and then Forbort and Lohrei in for Gryz and shatty

Without Peake, you have to get Forbort into the game . I'd still consider either spoon or Lohrei for Gryz

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Won't happen but;

Heinen - Zacha - Pasta
Marchand - Coyle - Debrusk
Boqvist - Frederic - Geekie
Maroon - Beecher - Lauko

Lindholm - McAvoy
Lorhei - Carlo
Wotherspoon - Shattenkirk

PP1: Debrusk, Coyle, Pasta, Zacha, McAvoy

PP2: Marchand, Maroon (front net ONLY), Geekie, Lindholm, Shattenkirk

Throw Lorhei out on the powerplay if we're up by 2

I put Lorhei in over Gryzz mainly because his warts compared to Gryzz are a wash and more covered by his offensive ability and range. He does a great job with the puck when it's within his reach

I don't like the PP1 unit currently and want to see more of the hot guys out there plus mix up lines 1 and 2

I don't like Maroon on PP1 and I really don;t like him being placed on the walls. He should be parking his big rig ass in front of Sammy and drawing guys into him to create some havoc there

I think the Bruins need to clog the neutral zone as much as possible, and rangey guys like Lorhei can help with that. Theyve done a decent job so far and if you paid attention, Leafs started stretching the play more in period 2 last game and forcing the bruins to run with them, that's their game. When it works it works, but sometimes it back fires. Gotta make it back fire by actually capitalizing when you have a chance

that starts with going at Samsonov more....but we've been saying this since 2014 against the habs, 2019 against the blues and that fraud binnington, round and round we go so I'm skeptical they'll just suddenly start playing lunch pail style when the passing and tic tac plays aren't working

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Lindholm - McAvoy

Wotherspoon - Carlo

Lohrei - Shattenkirk

They won't get last change so lean on Lindholm - McAvoy heavily. Put Wotherspoon with Carlo so you have two good defensive players together and limit the minutes for Lohrei and Shattenkirk as much as possible to mitigate the bad match-up Keefe will try to exploit.

They are paying Lindholm/McAvoy/Carlo big bucks this is where you try to lean hard on your Top 3 D-men to get your through two tough road playoff games. We've seen teams win cups leaning hard into their Top 3 or 4 D-men for 4 rounds. This is just two games I don't think it's out of line at all to ask those players to play more for these two road games. Reevaluate for Game 5.
There are many more defensemen in the league that make more then Carlo and are not as good. McAvoy and Lindholm should be leaned on more, maybe 40 minutes a game would satisfy you.

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
There are many more defensemen in the league that make more then Carlo and are not as good. McAvoy and Lindholm should be leaned on more, maybe 40 minutes a game would satisfy you.

If I was coaching tonight McAvoy, Lindholm, and Carlo are probably in the 24-26 minute range.

If the Caps can win a cup rolling Carlson/Orlov/Niskanen 24-26 minutes a night for 4 rounds than asking McAvoy/Lindholm/Carlo to do it for two road games isn't asking too much IMO.

Reactions: HustleB

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Marchand - Zacha - Pasta
Lauko - Boqvist - Maroon

Gryz - McAvoy
Lohrie - Carlo

Swayman

Once Brazeau is ready - plug him in where Heinen is and run Heinen with Boqvist and Maroon.
I am sure you meant to write Lindholm in with McAvoy not Gryz. I also do not believe you should put Marchand on with Pasta and Zacka. Try DeBrusk or Lauko and don't want to hear that he does not score he can open up ice for Zacha and Pasta. This is a thought that I have a hard time even selling to myself , Marchand-Coyle- Maroon / DeBrusk.......Jvr/ Lauko- Boqvist - Heinen/ or a warm body
Geekie-Beecher - Freddy.....

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
Big moment here. Is Monty going to go full blender, or will he play the game 1 lineup, potentially with different pairings if Peeker is hurt?

Gryz in or out?

Lauko in or out?

Heinen stays on the Pasta line?

Forbort or Spoon or both?

We know what Monty would have done last year. What will he do this year?

Bumping my OP, guess everyone saw the bolded coming, lol

Guess coach saw it that way too. We're about to see if Heinen is moved off that line...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad