Your hopes for the playoffs

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
Note : If you don't care and/or are not going to watch the playoffs, please don't post in this thread, that is not what this thread is for.

This is quite a historic year, in that, for the first time in many years, there are ZERO Canadian teams in the playoffs.

That said, who are you rooting for in the playoffs?

Who do you want to see get crushed?

What is your prediction for the conference finalists, Cup finalists, and Cup champion?

Myself, I'm rooting for Chicago and Nashville in the west, though if St. Louis goes far, I don't mind that either.

In the East, I'm rooting for Philly I guess, though they are in tough against the Caps, and Tampa, though they are in tough with their injuries.

I'll predict Washington (beating Detroit in the East final) and Dallas (beating Anaheim in the West final) in the Cup final (not that bold a prediction, I know. LOL), with Dallas winning in 6 games.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
My #1 wish list item is for Florida to make it back to the Cup finals. It's a bit of a pipe dream, but they're a fun, young team that's relatively easy to get behind.

Otherwise, I'll be cheering for Washington to break the playoff curse they've had forever, for Dallas to keep playing their fun all-pistons-firing offensive style for at least two rounds, for Anaheim to go up in flames on the back of some dumb plays by Corey Perry. and for a relatively short stay for Detroit.

I'll predict the conference finals are Anaheim - Dallas and Florida - Washington, with Washington and Anaheim in the finals and the Caps finally getting over the hump in five games.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
Cheering for Washington and Nashville.

That said, I'll be content if any team other than the Hawks or Kings win the cup.

Iamok

Oct 20, 2010
I don't really care for the results, I just want to see lots of OT games.

I love me some OT playoff hockey.

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
I don't really care for the results, I just want to see lots of OT games.

I love me some OT playoff hockey.

I'm actually also curious people's predictions for the longest OT in this year's playoffs (in minutes, not periods). I'll guess the longest is 55:23 of OT (15:23 into the 3rd OT period).

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I'm fine rooting for Detroit in the East now that we're not involved in the playoff picture - "Datsyuk's last NHL playoffs" should be a good story. I kind of hate most of the other Eastern teams (except Florida, who I'm indifferent on, I suppose), so if the Wings get eliminated, then I'm West-heavy for the rest of the playoffs.

In the West, the teams I'm rooting for in each of the 1st round are: Minnesota, Chicago, Nashville and San Jose. Nashville is the main team I'm rooting for out of any teams in the field, East or West, so I hope they go all the way. San Jose will be a great story if they can tame their reputation. Minny & Chicago I'm only really rooting for because I hate their 1st round opponents even more.

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
Hoping to see St. Louis bounced in the first round. Another first round exit could put some pressure on Hitchcock and increase our number of potential experienced head coaching candidates if they give him the boot.

Buck Aki Berg

Done with this place
Sep 17, 2008
Ottawa, ON
With no Canadian teams in the playoffs, and self-righteous Canadians everywhere already upset, I'm pulling for the sunbelt teams to do some damage, just to see the complaining reach a fever pitch. I want Florida and Tampa in the second round with the winner playing Washington. I want Dallas to play Anaheim or Nashville in the Conference finals.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Rooting for Dallas and Florida. I do also like Tampa though.
Expecting Kings/Caps in the final

Can't wait for Kings vs Sharks, that's gonna be an awesome series

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I want to see Chicago and LA lose in the first round. I want a different Cup winner.

I want to see both Florida and the islanders advance....but kinda impossible playing each other in the first round. Same with Philly and Washington. That's a real bummer.

In the west, I dunno......none of those teams are 'likable' for me. Maybe Nashville just because they're a solid all-around team.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
San Jose or Dallas I think I'd like to see win.
Don't really want to see a team from the east win this year, because none of them are really likeable except maybe the Caps or the Cats.

So I think that'd be my ideal final four. Dallas-San Jose / Washington-Florida

And definitely need a few double and triple overtime games.

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
How weird would it be if it was San Jose and Washington in the final? One team would be guaranteed to shed their 'playoff chokers' label.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
I want Anaheim to flame out in four games so Boudreau is fired and we can hire him. I also want to see St. Louis lose because I'm tired of hearing their fans try and pass off Elliott as a playoff goalie.

I want Florida to win and Jagr to get the Conn Smythe so he's mentioned in the G.O.A.T. conversations. He's a living legend.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
I want Anaheim to flame out in four games so Boudreau is fired and we can hire him. I also want to see St. Louis lose because I'm tired of hearing their fans try and pass off Elliott as a playoff goalie.

I want Florida to win and Jagr to get the Conn Smythe so he's mentioned in the G.O.A.T. conversations. He's a living legend.

I don't mind this plan.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I'll be pulling for Smashville, small markets unite. I'm doing a playoff bracket pool so essentially that's who I will be rooting for.

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
I'm all in for the Caps. Would love to see Ovechkin win one (god knows he deserves it). Cheering for Dallas in the west. Although hoping for an early LA and / or Anaheim exit would be nice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad