Broll - Carrick - Ross

Rielly - Granberg

Gardiner - Finn

Percy - Nilsson

Bernier

Bibeau

EastVan

Jun 25, 2014
You guys forgot to pencil in David Clarkson and Phaneuf!

They're both signed for 7 years.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
also have to factor that they wont be playing a team of 20-24 year olds, we need a few vets around the team!

and theres no way that defence will just be all marlies players guarentee one or two will be through trades, same with the forwards. Noone expected Polak to be on the team for example.

one77

Dec 22, 2013
JVR - Nylander (A) - Kessel
Brown - Kadri - Johnson
Komarov - Bozak - Biggs
Rupert - Gauthier - Ross
-Verhaeghe

Rielly (A) - Phaneuf (C)
Gardiner - Finn
Nilsson - Granberg
-Percy/Loov

Bernier

SourGrapes

You Kids Out There
Dec 30, 2013
Mimico
Kessel - xxx - xxx
xxx - xxx - xxx
xxx - xxx - Clarkson
xxx - xxx - xxx

xxx - Phaneuf
xxx - xxx
xxx - xxx
xxx

Aside from the three inevitables, I have no idea who will be wearing the maple leaf in the future.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I'm hoping we have something like this in 3-4 years:

Stamkos
Nylander
Kessel
JVR
Kadri
Rielly
Gardiner
Bernier

with some sprinkling of

Loov
Nilsson
Granberg
Johnson
Gauthier
Leivo
Brown

Chalms55

Jul 12, 2012
Toronto
I'm hoping we have something like this in 3-4 years:

Stamkos
Nylander
Kessel
JVR
Kadri
Rielly
Gardiner
Bernier

with some sprinkling of

Loov
Nilsson
Granberg
Johnson
Gauthier
Leivo
Brown

While I would love to see Stamkos in Toronto, I doubt it ever happens. It would either cost the Leafs to much in terms of prospects, or be a huge hit against the cap that the team likely won't be able to afford (thanks a lot Clarkson and Phaneuf). If Toews and Kane are making 10.5 a year, Stamkos will likely get at least the same in free agency (I'm assuming it will be more like 11.5+).

All that being said, I will happily admit to being wrong should he choose to come home. And I will be first in line to get a Stamkos Leafs jersey.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
While I would love to see Stamkos in Toronto, I doubt it ever happens. It would either cost the Leafs to much in terms of prospects, or be a huge hit against the cap that the team likely won't be able to afford (thanks a lot Clarkson and Phaneuf). If Toews and Kane are making 10.5 a year, Stamkos will likely get at least the same in free agency (I'm assuming it will be more like 11.5+).

All that being said, I will happily admit to being wrong should he choose to come home. And I will be first in line to get a Stamkos Leafs jersey.

Well, I'm kind of sick of penciling guys like Lee Stempniak and Nikas Hagman and Nikolai Kulemin into future Leaf lineups, so I'm going to hope for the best with this one... :laugh:

Quarter

The caravan moves on
Mar 3, 2011
Ontario
LW1 - C1 - RW1
LW2 - C2 - RW2
LW3 - C3 - RW3
LW4 - C4 - RW4

RD1 - LD1
RD2 - LD2
RD3 - LD3

G1
G2

Cup contender right here.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
LW1 - C1 - RW1
LW2 - C2 - RW2
LW3 - C3 - RW3
LW4 - C4 - RW4

RD1 - LD1
RD2 - LD2
RD3 - LD3

G1
G2

Cup contender right here.

And the leafs have:

JVR - C1 - Kessel
Lupul - Bozak/Kadri - RW2
LW3 - Holand - Santarelli/Kontiola
Kamorov - C4 - Frattin

Phaneuf - LD1
RD2 - LD2
Polak/RObidas - Gardiner/Rielly

Bernier
Riemer

Kyle93

Mar 30, 2012
JVR-Mackinnon-Kessel
Nylander-Stamkos-Kadri
Leivo-Bozak-Biggs
Johnson-Gauthier-Clarkson

Rielly- Phaneuf
Gardiner-Finn
Percy-Granberg
Nilsson/Loov

Bernier

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Bozak, Kessel, Clarkson
Holland Lupul JVR
Kadri Frattin Ashton
Santa Claus, Komarov, ?

Dion Gardiner
Rielly Robidas
Franson Polak

Bernier

Portse91

Sep 18, 2013
I believe its only a matter of time before you start seeing some of the big boys come home to play for the leafs. Brendan Shanahan will have a huge impact in landing players. But I dont think it will be Stamkos coming home, I see it being Tavares. It doesn't take much to see that his heart is not in Long Island, and unless something drastic happens when the team moves to Brooklyn, I dont see that changing. He seems to be a better fit on a line with Kessel anyways. I dont think the leafs have enough time to structure their cap to fit Stamkos, but with a few extra years to wait on Tavares it could be a different story.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I believe its only a matter of time before you start seeing some of the big boys come home to play for the leafs. Brendan Shanahan will have a huge impact in landing players. But I dont think it will be Stamkos coming home, I see it being Tavares. It doesn't take much to see that his heart is not in Long Island, and unless something drastic happens when the team moves to Brooklyn, I dont see that changing. He seems to be a better fit on a line with Kessel anyways. I dont think the leafs have enough time to structure their cap to fit Stamkos, but with a few extra years to wait on Tavares it could be a different story.

Both are basically pipe dreams but I don't see Tavares as openly amenable to the Leafs and the City of Toronto as Stamkos has. Tavares has long maintained he wants to grow and win with the Islanders while Stamkos has repeatedly gone on the record as saying how much of a Leafs fan he was growing up, how he wanted them to draft him, how he'd like to see them win (aside from the Lightning having success), the Lebron/Twitter situation and having deep roots and connections to the Leafs organization...

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
JVR-Mackinnon-Kessel
Nylander-Stamkos-Kadri
Leivo-Bozak-Biggs
Johnson-Gauthier-Clarkson

Rielly- Phaneuf
Gardiner-Finn
Percy-Granberg
Nilsson/Loov

Bernier

I'm confused. How did we get 2 of the best C in the league without moving a single valuable asset? (Knowing that Mackinnon is an RFA for several years).

Kyle93

Mar 30, 2012
I'm confused. How did we get 2 of the best C in the league without moving a single valuable asset? (Knowing that Mackinnon is an RFA for several years).

Lottery and Stammer signs with us brah. I know its a .000001% chance though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad