Value of: Your Extra Backup Goalie to Toronto

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
So the FA backup market is pretty dry, Enroth, Scrivens and Ramo are really the only viable options.

However the Leafs have a couple players they could swap for a backup goalie.

Peter Holland, Matt Hunwick, Colin Greening are all players we could swap.

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
I don't know why Enroth doesn't have a job yet, he's certainly not worse than like 10-12 other backups. Is he asking for too much?

And Ramo I believe is injured, I don't know if he'll be ready for training camp.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
I'd love scrivens back again. But that Pavelec idea would be neat too. Doubt Winnipeg is that interested though.

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
I wonder what Berra would cost us. You have to believe he's available with Luongo and Reimer in Florida.

OldMilIce

Apr 30, 2015
Niagara, ON
To Winnipeg:
Milan Michalek

To Toronto:
Ondrej Pavelec

I like it. Opens a spot for another young forward to get in and gives the leafs a decent, experienced goalie to turn to if Anderson gets injured/cant hack it.

Wouldnt mind seeing Scrivens come back for a season or two either, always seemed like a good guy and handled the toronto market well.

Ekblad

Mar 10, 2010
Miami, Florida
I wonder what Berra would cost us. You have to believe he's available with Luongo and Reimer in Florida.

You guys start with andersen and an AHLer, as soon as Luongo is declared fit for fighting you can have him for a mid pick, or a quality AHL scorer

JMcLeaf

Don't see us dumping Bernier salary just to take on another big salary.

If we are taking back a lot of salary without sending an equal amount back then yeah I can't see us being interested, but if it's an equal swap like my Michalek for Pavelec idea then I can see us being open to the idea.

Cynick

Know-Nothing
Dec 24, 2008
Toronto
The Michalek-Pavelec swap makes a lot of sense for both teams. Milan would be a good guy to have around to mentor some of the young Jets wingers.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Just sign Joni Ortio

04OhAm0.png

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
Michalek can still play and be effective, he's worth a lot more than Pavalec imo. You retain 50% of MM and get a pick.

Goalies Id look at in UFA include: Scrivens, Khudobin, Ramo and my personal favourite Enroth.

We can probably get Berra off waivers when the season is about to start.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad