WC: your Country's 2021 Roster? (with NHL players)

Johnny Tomala

Jan 24, 2017
I think Getzlaf should want to play to get a IIHF WC gold medal and enter the Triple Gold Club. If I'm Luongo I am making Getzalf a Captain and hopes he accept the invitation to play.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Wild shot at the dark for a somewhat realistic CAN lineup with just teams that are 100% missing the playoffs as of now

Jeff Skinner - Bo Horvat - Sam Reinhart
Alexis Lafreniere - Logan Couture - Connor Brown
Tyler Bertuzzi - Ryan Strome - Dylan Cozens
Maxime Comtois - Chris Tierney - Julien Gauthier
extras; Liam Foudy, Gabriel Vilardi

Thomas Chabot - Jamie Drysdale
Ty Smith - Damon Severson
Mario Ferraro - Sean Walker
extra; Michael Del Zotto

MacKenzie Blackwood - Jonathan Bernier

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Wild shot at the dark for a somewhat realistic CAN lineup with just teams that are 100% missing the playoffs as of now

Jeff Skinner - Bo Horvat - Sam Reinhart
Alexis Lafreniere - Logan Couture - Connor Brown
Tyler Bertuzzi - Ryan Strome - Dylan Cozens
Maxime Comtois - Chris Tierney - Julien Gauthier
extras; Liam Foudy, Gabriel Vilardi

Thomas Chabot - Jamie Drysdale
Ty Smith - Damon Severson
Mario Ferraro - Sean Walker
extra; Michael Del Zotto

MacKenzie Blackwood - Jonathan Bernier
It's a good looking team. I do wonder in NHL players from North America will want to fly to Europe though. Really curious if AHL and NHL guys will be making the trek.

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
If not enough interest from NHL players I wonder if Luongo will call any of the u18s if any have a good enough tournament in Texas

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
It's a good looking team. I do wonder in NHL players from North America will want to fly to Europe though. Really curious if AHL and NHL guys will be making the trek.

There was an article on TSN a few days ago that indicated that Chabot was willing to play for Canada this year. I think the event might appeal to some of the younger guys who might not have significant others/families to think about.

Reactions: Czechboy

Fjorden

Jan 17, 2021
Bergen, Norway
www.bergenishockey.no
Norway:

No
Zuccarello(Minnesota) want play since Minnesota reached Stanley cup. He'll prioritate the Olympic Qualification in august.
Patrick Thoresen will prioritate time with family, but he'll play the olympic qual in august.
Andreas Martinsen will go through knee surgery, but hopes to be ready for olympic qual in august.
Aleksander Bonsaksen(kookoo, Liiga) wil go through hip surgery. His focus will be to be ready for the olympic qual in august.

Yes.
Mathias Emilio Pettersen who were drafted by Calgary flames and now play for Stockton Heat(AHL) has said yes and will join the team as soon as AHL ends.
Ole Julain Holm another drafted player who play for Cleveland Monsters in AHL will also join the team as soon as AHL ends.

So those with minor injuries prioritates to go through surgery to be ready for the olympic qual which is the most important tournament for team Norway this year. And some young newly drafted players are keen to join the team for the first time.

Here is a suggestion on the wc2021 team.

GK
Jonas Arntzen- Ørebro(SHL)
Henrik Haukeland- Färjesad(SHL)
Henrik Holm- Stavanger(Norway)

Backs:
Erlend Lesund-Rögle(SHL)- Jonas Holøs Linköping(SHL)
Christian Bull.Krefeld(DEL)-Stefan Espeland-Salzburg(Austria)
Ole Julian Holm-Cleveland(AHL)-Johannes Johannensen-Düsseldorf(DEL)
Emil Lilleberg-Oskarshamn(SHL)

Forwards:
KA Olimb-Düsseldorg(DEL)-Tobias Lindström-Vålerenga(Norway)-Mathis Olimb-Wolfsberg(DEL)
Mats Rosseli Olsen-Frölunda(SHL)--Mathias Trettenes La-Chaux-de-Fonds(SL)-Michael Haga-Djurgården(SHL)
Valkvae Olsen-Frisk Asker(Norway)-Mathias Emilio Pettersen-Stockton(AHL)-Victor Granholm-Frisk Asker(Norway)
Røymark-Vålerenga(Norway)-Tommy Kristiansen-Stavanger(Norway)-Andreas Heier Stjernen(Norway)

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Norway:

No
Zuccarello(Minnesota) want play since Minnesota reached Stanley cup. He'll prioritate the Olympic Qualification in august.
Patrick Thoresen will prioritate time with family, but he'll play the olympic qual in august.
Andreas Martinsen will go through knee surgery, but hopes to be ready for olympic qual in august.
Aleksander Bonsaksen(kookoo, Liiga) wil go through hip surgery. His focus will be to be ready for the olympic qual in august.

Yes.
Mathias Emilio Pettersen who were drafted by Calgary flames and now play for Stockton Heat(AHL) has said yes and will join the team as soon as AHL ends.
Ole Julain Holm another drafted player who play for Cleveland Monsters in AHL will also join the team as soon as AHL ends.

So those with minor injuries prioritates to go through surgery to be ready for the olympic qual which is the most important tournament for team Norway this year. And some young newly drafted players are keen to join the team for the first time.

Here is a suggestion on the wc2021 team.

GK
Jonas Arntzen- Ørebro(SHL)
Henrik Haukeland- Färjesad(SHL)
Henrik Holm- Stavanger(Norway)

Backs:
Erlend Lesund-Rögle(SHL)- Jonas Holøs Linköping(SHL)
Christian Bull.Krefeld(DEL)-Stefan Espeland-Salzburg(Austria)
Ole Julian Holm-Cleveland(AHL)-Johannes Johannensen-Düsseldorf(DEL)
Emil Lilleberg-Oskarshamn(SHL)

Forwards:
KA Olimb-Düsseldorg(DEL)-Tobias Lindström-Vålerenga(Norway)-Mathis Olimb-Wolfsberg(DEL)
Mats Rosseli Olsen-Frölunda(SHL)--Mathias Trettenes La-Chaux-de-Fonds(SL)-Michael Haga-Djurgården(SHL)
Valkvae Olsen-Frisk Asker(Norway)-Mathias Emilio Pettersen-Stockton(AHL)-Victor Granholm-Frisk Asker(Norway)
Røymark-Vålerenga(Norway)-Tommy Kristiansen-Stavanger(Norway)-Andreas Heier Stjernen(Norway)

looks good, but i would add borvik and norstebo.

lesund btw have been a gigant whole season, one of the best shutdown d in SHL, some NHL team should try him out.

Puck Dogg

Puck life
Mar 13, 2006
I could see nhl players like jokiharju, Kakko, Lankinen, kahkonen, Valimaki, Mikkola, Lehtonen, Kupari, Kuokkanen, Ruotsilainen, hakanpaa joining the finland team if they miss playoffs. Some are bubble right now.

There are some names whose contract status could affect their participation. Jokiharju, Kuokkanen and Valimaki are all RFA's after the season. Lehtonen and Hakanpaa are UFA's next summer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad