WC: Your Country's 2021 Roster? (Assuming No NHL participation)

Puck Dogg

Puck life
Mar 13, 2006
Dont know too much about Liiga guys, is Hannes Björninen physical?

He's good at faceoffs and has offensive upside. I wouldn't describe Björninen as physical though he has good work ethic. He'll be next season with Jokerit. They haven't confirmed this as Liiga hasn't finished its season but it is public knowledge.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Rydahl is back. If he gets in shape, i think he could be a good option for Team Sweden. He is very much like Joel Lundqvist.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Only Zohorna, the rest of the players are not tried. The rest will definitely be from Europe.

Not completely out of the question that Zohorna would be playing playoff games for the Pens. It's an outside shot and he needs to keep impressing while injuries keep him in the line up but he's doing well. I dunno at what position in the depth chart he'd need to be before he'd be released, as he'd definitely be a Black Ace at the very least here.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Ufa-line + Lundell + Heinola from AHL added with Kuokkanen and someone else from NHL would make a team worth following.

Winnipeg will make the playoffs and they'll want to have Heinola there for injuries.

Arttu Ruotsalainen should be a lock for being over ppg in Liiga and AHL.

His AHL might make the playoffs, so I think he'll be unavailable, sadly.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Russia might send a young team to the WC, maybe Finland should do it too?

U25:

Jere Innala - Anton Lundell - Lauri Pajuniemi
Matias Maccelli - Julius Nättinen - Aleksi Saarela
Markus Nurmi- Juuso Pärssinen - Jerry Turkulainen
Kasper Björkqvist - Kristian Tanus - Valtteri Puustinen
Sebastian Repo, Patrik Virta

Robin Salo - Vili Saarijärvi
Jarkko Parikka - Anttoni Honka
Joni Tuulola - Axel Rindell
Kim Nousiainen - Eemil Viro

Lassi Lehtinen
Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen
Oskari Salminen

Reactions: illone84

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Speaking of young teams, if Sweden does it:

Jonathan Dahlén - Andreas Wingerli - Jonatan Berggren
Robin Kovacs - Simon Ryfors - Jacob Peterson
Filip Hållander - William Eklund - Lucas Raymond
Fredrik Olofsson - Pontus Holmberg - Isac Brännström
Emil Heineman, Einar Emanuelsson

Albert Johansson - Nils Lundkvist
Mattias Norlinder - Jesper Sellgren
Samuel Jonsson - Johannes Kinnvall
Philip Broberg - Adam Wildsby

Samuel Ersson
Arvid Söderblom
Christoffer Rifalk

Reactions: montreal

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
Does anyone know what kind of teams North America plans to send? I’ve seen nothing from HC or Hockey USA, I’m wondering if they’ll just take guys from European leagues.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Does anyone know what kind of teams North America plans to send? I’ve seen nothing from HC or Hockey USA, I’m wondering if they’ll just take guys from European leagues.

I can't imagine a whole lot of Canadian NHLers signing up for this year's tourney. We may get a few marginal players, 2 0r 3 maybe! but the bones of the team will be players playing in Europe. But I'm just guessing. I haven't seen/read anything on how HC is approaching this.

Reactions: therealdeal

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
upload_2021-4-15_11-12-15.png

Lot of KHL no's.. Jaskin looks to be out.. but also Furch, Jerabek and Sedlak. Not great. I was looking forward to Sedlak. Extraliga all star team on the way!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
upload_2021-4-15_11-20-33.png

2 coming from Finland... Galvas might etch out an NHL spot one day. Nice underdog. I feel like camp has about 40 guys in it right now.lol

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
upload_2021-4-15_12-26-46.png

No Hyka, No Jaskin.

I feel like we have an A team (that is improving but not Big 5))
A euro B team (which is Top 4 amongst Euro type teams)
and then whatever the hell we're sending to the World's this year.lol

I feel like it will be an All Star team of previous World Jr. Championships slaughters... and not the guys that went to the NHL.

Lartsaman

Aug 2, 2018
Finland
View attachment 422652

No Hyka, No Jaskin.

I feel like it will be an All Star team of previous World Jr. Championships slaughters... and not the guys that went to the NHL.

I feel you. This was exactly the same with Finland two years ago. Players declined, one after another. Not just NHL-players but also every damn khl player as well. You could have made a team or two of those who refused to participate.

But dont worry. Your situation is not that bad yet.

Reactions: Czechboy

Lartsaman

Aug 2, 2018
Finland

If you look at the rosters from 2018 Olympics you can have some idea. This time there would be some low-calibre nhl-players included as well. Or juniors. Who knows?

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
https://www.swehockey.se/globalasse...r-sodertalje/tre-kronor-roster-april-2021.pdf

Sweden's prepatory Worlds camp(April 19-23) roster, which obviously includes 0 NHL players.

For being this early thats a pretty strong team. I assume its this team that will play against Denmark/Norway.

Magnus Nygren back, he made racist comments years ago. I would not have included him, Tre Kronor will get bashed now, you know by who.

Marmelind, a goalie from Allsvenskan. He is rumoured to sign with Malmö.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
View attachment 422652

No Hyka, No Jaskin.

Zklamaný Řepík: Bronz pro mě nic moc neznamená. Zabojuje o MS? | Hokej.cz - web českého hokeje
Řepík may not play either..

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
I didn't know there was a bronze medal either... every team is going through this, really curious what our final squad looks like. Blumel's chance are going up everyday!
There are a lot of apologies, but I still don't think Blumel will be in the nomination. Sorry;)

Reactions: Czechboy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad