Your CAAAALGARY PIZZA PLACE!

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
The negative is getting inundated with pizza talk and that just can't happen. What's your favorite Pizza place in Calgary? If you like a chain you suck. My places are bias to my location... I admit. ;)
I have two... After payday or before payday pizza.

After Payday - Jeannes Pizza Pantry Inc - Jeanne's Pizza Pantry
Fantastic pizza with great sauce and real mozza, but pricey.

Before payday - A Pizza Plus - https://www.zomato.com/calgary/a-pizza-plus-calgary/menu
Prices close to the chains, sauce has garlic and you can tell! Just take the pizza out of the box as there is no parchment paper to stop the cheese from sticking.

I did have a really good place on centre N but it closed down...

Reactions: TychoFan

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Best pizza places in Calgary is Una. Great pizza, great atmosphere.

If you like a chain you suck.

Pizza Hut has the greatest Hawaiian pizza on the planet.
Little Ceasars has the most underrated Supreme with chili flakes and also Veggie with chilli flakes.
Dominos' Crispy Thin Crust Deluxe is really good too.

Fight me.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Easily Pizzeria Gaga; best pie in town. I’m biased towards Inglewood pizza because I’ve been eating it since I was like 10.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I haven't been in years but the Midtown Co-op on 11th made some great in-house pizza

Aug 3, 2010
For traditional Neapolitan-style, wood-fired oven pizza I go to Italian Supermarket on Edmonton Train and 20th. It's a small community market with a tiny restaurant attached so they source their ingredients from the grocery and make fantastic pizza with provolone, prosciutto, artichoke, etc. In my opinion, it's as legit as one can get in Calgary.

If you're craving Greek-style, thick-crust pizza, my go-to is Manies on 17th. Open late (and delivers until 4am) and the pie has layers upon layers of cheese and toppings... just beware that all that cheese grease may induce at least one trip to the toilet.

Reactions: Tical

Calgareee

Jun 29, 2015
If you want a delicious hunk of grease in your gut you can’t go wrong with Seniores in Beddington. The original donair pizza is amazing. Can also buy it by the slice for 2.50.

WOP in ingelwood is a good spot. (More traditional Neapolitan style)

Second Jeanne’s pizza pantry in the south west. Great spot.

My wife’s family is straight off the boat italians and they’re big fans of Pulcinella in Kensington

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Ogden Pizza & Pub has the best pizza in town!!
o.jpg

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
My top 3 is probably:
Pizzeria Gaga
WOP
Inglewood pizza (definitely a person thing).

Pizza Una is great too, sits in 4th for me.

When I was in Brandon Manitoba for work, I hit up Pizza Express; that's legit some of the best 'Za I've had in Western Canada.

upload_2018-10-30_11-16-8.png

Tical

Jul 1, 2013
WOP, Una and a little hole in the wall special named Hanni's are my favourite. Hanni's is that place that hasn't changed since the 70's, but is amazing.
Karouzo's is now 4th Spot, as an aside, and is an awesome casual restaurant that still has the Karouzo Pizxa menu. My most common mid-week spot, the whole menu is delicious

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
#1 Matador by market mall if you like it thick
#2 Pizza Bob's off Crowchild if you don't like it thick
Panago if you want a cheap chain pizza that doesn't suck

There's a Neapolitan Famoso off Country Hills which isn't bad

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
Seniores. Though I can't afford it often. I live in beddington but I can never get it by the slice, because transiting there is a pain just for pizza.

Mostly get Little Caesars because it's all I can really afford, and there is one a 15 minute walk from my house. I ask for extra cheese. Adds $2.50, but like, doubles the cheese and guarantees me a fresh from the oven pizza

Deep and Square Pizza in Bowness is a childhood favorite, though it's not as good as it used to be.

Pizza 3000 is pretty cheap for big pizzas. Nice thick soft crust, though toppings aren't great quality.
Canadian Pizza Unlimited is a chain I like, good walk in specials and by the slice

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Seniores. Though I can't afford it often. I live in beddington but I can never get it by the slice, because transiting there is a pain just for pizza.

Mostly get Little Caesars because it's all I can really afford, and there is one a 15 minute walk from my house. I ask for extra cheese. Adds $2.50, but like, doubles the cheese and guarantees me a fresh from the oven pizza

Deep and Square Pizza in Bowness is a childhood favorite, though it's not as good as it used to be.

Pizza 3000 is pretty cheap for big pizzas. Nice thick soft crust, though toppings aren't great quality.
Canadian Pizza Unlimited is a chain I like, good walk in specials and by the slice

Underrated good cheap pizza.
Like 50 bucks and you get like 3-4 pizza's the size of Elephant ears. It's my go-to when the boys come.

Reactions: CamPopplestone

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
Underrated good cheap pizza.
Like 50 bucks and you get like 3-4 pizza's the size of Elephant ears. It's my go-to when the boys come.
Yup. And it's really not bad all things considered. And yeah love those 18" extra extra large pizzas they sell lol.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Yup. And it's really not bad all things considered. And yeah love those 18" extra extra large pizzas they sell lol.

No, I'd put it above the chains of the world. Like, it's better than Domino's, Pizza hut and stuff like that. That sauce is also a bit spicy, which is nice.
Also have never had stomach issues from it, and I'm renowned by those that know me for my weak stomach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad