Your All-Time Teams

BigBuck

Jan 26, 2012
You missed 4 complete decades.

I'll sit down and compile my own....50 years worth ;)

Forward (slot em anywhere you wish)

Corey Perry
Brian Bradley
Dennis Maruk
Dennis Ververgardt
Dino Ciccarelli
Rick Nash
Dave Bolland
Robbie Schremp
Max Domi
Jason Allison
Gary Unger
Darryl Sittler
Christian Dvorak(honorable mention)

Defense

Rick Green
Rob Ramage
Rick Corriveau
Marc Methot
Brad Marsh
Dennis Wideman
Danny Syvret
Olli Maatta(honorable mention)

Goal

Pat Riggin
Steve Mason
Michael Houser

Bash line: Louie DeBrusk/Sean McMorrow/Zac Rinaldo

Coach: Bill Long

Could quite easily make 2 or 3 all-time teams.

You don't have room for Brendan Shanahan, Tim Taylor or Steve Smith on you team?

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Very impressi list, but but honourabl mention that goal I would have Bunny Larouque.

I had my list sitting at 6 goalies. I knocked out Hillier, Pang and Larocque. It was a tough call. None of Ottawa's goalies ever did very much at the NHL level. If I were judging based solely on the NHL I'd have to look closer at Kevin Weekes too. So, I put down the three goalies that seemed to be the biggest difference makers for the 67's. Seamus Kotyk may be in that area code as well.

It was interesting. The top half of the list was really easy. The bottom half was tough.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Best effort for the Sudbury Wolves:

Dale Hunter - Paul Di Pietro - Ron Duguay
Rod Schutt - Michael Sgarbossa - Pat Verbeek
Nick Foligno - Mike Foligno - Marcus Foligno
Jason Jaspers - Derek MacKenzie - Mike Fisher

Randy Carlyle - Marc Staal
Jamie Rivers - Alexei Semenov
Adam McQuaid - Mike Gazdic

Don Beaupre
Mike Smith

I only started following the team in the 2000-2001 season, so this is kind of a mix of the recent and a mix of the old. There's obviously a ton of options to choose from.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
I'll give this a shot for Windsor.

Forwards (lines and positions irrelevant):

Sarno - Bowler - Godden
Ott - Hall - Henrique
JMartin - Findlay - Khokhlachev
Greenop - Janssen - Roche (you need that one really solid grind line)

Defencemen:

Ellis - DJ Smith
Gleason - Jovanovski
Bowman - MMartin

Goaltenders:

Leighton - Engelage

No Cam Fowler?

Bigleaffan48

Mar 13, 2015

Sarno - Bowler - Godden
Ott - Hall - Henrique

Defencemen:

Ellis - DJ Smith
Gleason - Jovanovski
Bowman - MMartin

Goaltenders:

Leighton - Engelage

A nice list, I thought about making a list but since you have a good start maybe I could throw out some names. Todd Gill, Joel Quenneville, Corey Stillman, Todd Warriner, Peter Ing. Trying to remember who was on the 87-88 Ohl Championship team, just remember Pat Jablonski.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I started following the team in 91. My dad took me to my first game when I was nine; sat SRO against NF. That's why the majority of my team is post-91. I'd imagine someone who's been around longer than I have could come up with another full roster just from 70s and 80s players. Plus, if I'm drawing up an "all-time team", I want a nice mix of scoring, defence, and physical play. I could put in the top 16 scoring forwards, top 6 scoring D, and two top goalies, but what fun is that? :laugh:

youngblood10

Jan 26, 2010
Here would be my expanded Spits roster off the top of my head.
Forwards
Ernie Godden
Pete Deboer
Darrin Shannon
Kelly Cain
Cory Stillman
Todd Warriner
Bill Bowler
Dave Roche
Steve Ott
Jason Spezza
Kyle Wellwood
Steve Downie
Cal O'Reilly
Taylor Hall
Adam Henrique

Defence
Todd Gill
Darryl Shannon
Glen Featherstone
Jason York
Ed Jovanovski
DJ Smith
Tim Gleason
Ryan Ellis

Goalies
Pat Jablonski
Mike Leighton
Andrew Engelage

Bigleaffan48

Mar 13, 2015
I started following the team in 91. My dad took me to my first game when I was nine; sat SRO against NF. That's why the majority of my team is post-91. I'd imagine someone who's been around longer than I have could come up with another full roster just from 70s and 80s players. Plus, if I'm drawing up an "all-time team", I want a nice mix of scoring, defence, and physical play. I could put in the top 16 scoring forwards, top 6 scoring D, and two top goalies, but what fun is that? :laugh:

Yes I agree. I figured by your list you were a bit younger than myself but wanted to sprinkle a few older guys in for you. Also just taking the top scorers of all time doesn't work as well. I think Josh Bailey made a huge impact as a Spit but didn't come back after being a first round pick by NY. I really thought that loss of him not coming back was going to take us out of the running for a Championship but Hall and Ellis really stepped up!

Bigleaffan48

Mar 13, 2015
Here would be my expanded Spits roster off the top of my head.
Forwards
Ernie Godden
Pete Deboer
Darrin Shannon
Kelly Cain
Cory Stillman
Todd Warriner
Bill Bowler
Dave Roche
Steve Ott
Jason Spezza
Kyle Wellwood
Steve Downie
Cal O'Reilly
Taylor Hall
Adam Henrique

Defence
Todd Gill
Darryl Shannon
Glen Featherstone
Jason York
Ed Jovanovski
DJ Smith
Tim Gleason
Ryan Ellis

Goalies
Pat Jablonski
Mike Leighton
Andrew Engelage

Wow! Now that is a complete list, nice job Youngblood. Still would add Quenneville.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
My take at Petes 1990-present

Coach: Dick Todd

Eric Staal-Mike Ricci-Jamie Langenbrunner

Jordan Staal-Corey Stillman-Cameron Mann

Nick Ritchie-Jamie Tardif-Steve Downie

Zack Kassian-Daniel Ryder-Liam Reddox

13th: Austin Watson

Zach Bogosian-Chris Pronger

Matt Carkner-Brent Tully

Kurtis Foster-Steve Montador

Zac Bierk
Trevor Cann

The size on this team is hilarious, everyone down the LW is 6'3 200+ :sarcasm:

OHLArenaGuide

it's dot com
Dec 4, 2003
London, ON
www.ohlarenaguide.com
You missed 4 complete decades.

I'll sit down and compile my own....50 years worth ;)

Forward (slot em anywhere you wish)

Corey Perry
Brian Bradley
Dennis Maruk
Dennis Ververgardt
Dino Ciccarelli
Rick Nash
Dave Bolland
Robbie Schremp
Max Domi
Jason Allison
Gary Unger
Darryl Sittler
Christian Dvorak(honorable mention)

Defense

Rick Green
Rob Ramage
Rick Corriveau
Marc Methot
Brad Marsh
Dennis Wideman
Danny Syvret
Olli Maatta(honorable mention)

Goal

Pat Riggin
Steve Mason
Michael Houser

Bash line: Louie DeBrusk/Sean McMorrow/Zac Rinaldo

Coach: Bill Long

Could quite easily make 2 or 3 all-time teams.

I'd drop Schremp in favour of Shanahan, and if we're talking OHL careers only you'd have to have room for Dave Simpson over three or four of the other forwards.

Rubbers29

Jan 9, 2012
Remember when Rinaldo would get 2 minute minors for chewing on his mouthguard what a joke haha....they wanted that kid out of the league so bad, glad he is doing his thing in the show now!

2 minute minors!?!?! I don't remember a game with such a nice ref! :laugh: The game that I remember had him absolutely lambaste a guy behind the net with 9 minutes left, problem was it was as clean as they come, just more than the kid could handle, the woozy player eventually waddled to the bench, the arm went up and he was assessed a 10 minute misconduct for a mouth guard violation just to get him out of the game. Still my favourite all-time Knight! I don't care how many goals any other player scored, or how hard they worked night in or night out, Rinny had 1 gear in the O and it was set at about 125%, Watson is my #2, considering he was a rental that says a lot, that kid was the heart and soul of the 2012 playoff run.

As for all time team, not even going to hazard a guess, I could put 6 lines and still leave people off. A lot of talent comes out of this league, anyone want to put together top 25 OHL players of all time?

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
My take at Petes 1990-present

Coach: Dick Todd

Eric Staal-Mike Ricci-Jamie Langenbrunner

Jordan Staal-Corey Stillman-Cameron Mann

Nick Ritchie-Jamie Tardif-Steve Downie

Zack Kassian-Daniel Ryder-Liam Reddox

13th: Austin Watson

Zach Bogosian-Chris Pronger

Matt Carkner-Brent Tully

Kurtis Foster-Steve Montador

Zac Bierk
Trevor Cann

The size on this team is hilarious, everyone down the LW is 6'3 200+ :sarcasm:

That LW depth is scary!

lindroshomer

Jan 21, 2016
Ontario
London Knights All-Time Team

Rick Nash - Darryl Sittler - Corey Perry
Brendan Shanahan - Chris Taylor - Dino Ciccarelli
Sergei Kostitsyn- Jason Allison - Maxim Spiridonov
Dylan Hunter - Dave Simpson - Rico Fata

Danny Syvret - Dennis Wideman
Rob Ramage - Brad Marsh
John Erskine - Scott Harrington

Adam Dennis
Gerald Coleman

These guys actually spent more than 1/2 a season with the team

I'd drop Schremp in favour of Shanahan, and if we're talking OHL careers only you'd have to have room for Dave Simpson over three or four of the other forwards.

Simpson was there...repeatedly and dropped..repeatedly on my list. Shanny was there too...and dropped numerous times. It was a hard list to compile. If anything I'd likely drop Allison and slot in Shanahan. Schremp to me just added too much excitement to leave off my list. Simpson could make honorable mention.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
For those London lists, it's a shame there isn't room for Bo Horvat. I thought he played terrific in the 2013 OHL playoffs -- especially, and unfortunately, against the Whalers in the conference finals.

For those London lists, it's a shame there isn't room for Bo Horvat. I thought he played terrific in the 2013 OHL playoffs -- especially, and unfortunately, against the Whalers in the conference finals.
Horvat would make a lot of fans lists. The majority of fans that attend Knights games have only been around for the Hunter era. Because I have the luxury of picking from over 45 years as a season ticket holder....my list is naturally broader. Also harder to settle on a final roster.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario

I'll agree, any player that scores a championship winning goal like Bo did should be a must have on any teams ALL TIME TEAM.

Horvat would make a lot of fans lists. The majority of fans that attend Knights games have only been around for the Hunter era. Because I have the luxury of picking from over 45 years as a season ticket holder....my list is naturally broader. Also harder to settle on a final roster.

Agree as well, a fan for longer may have a broader list of players to pull from.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa

I am also surprised not to see Dean Hopkins on a list anywhere, a real clutch player came playoffs time, 1976 first over all pick Rick Green has also been missing on some lists, he's on some but not all of them.

lindroshomer

Jan 21, 2016
Ontario

This plays a part for sure. I grew up with my cousin having seats right beside the Knight's bench at the Gardens. So as a kid I was able to talk with players, and ask why they had a black eye and things like that. As a kid thinking your favorite player is also your buddy, they simply can do no wrong on the ice.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards

Sarno - Bowler - Godden
Ott - Hall - Henrique

Defencemen:

Ellis - DJ Smith
Gleason - Jovanovski
Bowman - MMartin

Goaltenders:

Leighton - Engelage

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

No Spezza, Wellwood, Graves, Quenneville, Gleason. This is an all time team not a team you're putting out on the ice. This would be like a Wings fan putting Kocur or Dallas Drake on their all time team because as you say you need a grind line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad