Your all time favourite player on opposing team?

scott clam

Sep 12, 2018
I was a Leafs fan as a (little)kid, and I became a Red Wings fan as I got older, so Gilmour and Fedorov are my two favorite players from back then.

Those two kind of cancel eachother out.

But Wayne never played for any of my teams, so I'm gonna have to go with him. Lafleur is probably my favorite guy from before my time.

Reactions: rfournier103

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Red Wings fan but along with Yzerman, Mike Modano, and Joe Sakic were my fav players (and to a slight lesser degree Jumbo Joe).

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Flyers fan here and the answer is 100% Mario Lemieux. He torched the Flyers but I loved his game and was in awe watching him.

vikash1987

Mar 7, 2004
New York
As a Devils fan, the main rivals were always the Rangers and Flyers. Growing up in the late ‘90s and early 2000s, my favorite Rangers were the Big Four (Messier, Leetch, Graves, Richter). Not sure anyone in particular on the Flyers stood out to me as a favorite.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
As a Devils fan, the main rivals were always the Rangers and Flyers. Growing up in the late ‘90s and early 2000s, my favorite Rangers were the Big Four (Messier, Leetch, Graves, Richter). Not sure anyone in particular on the Flyers stood out to me as a favorite.

Good call--forgot about the Rags. Again, Flyers fan, but Brian Leetch was one of my all-time favorite players. I also loved Messier and Richter (from Philly).

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
Bobby Orr without question. How could it not be? Those early seventies Montreal/Boston playoff series are still the best NHL hockey I've watched and Orr scared the hell out of me but he was a joy to watch.

Reactions: rfournier103

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI
I’ve wished for nothing but pain for the Dallas Stars since 1998... but I really like Corey Perry. So if the Stars were to win the Stanley Cup this year, I guess I would be okay with that.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
As a kid, the first time I got a really in depth look at Pavel Bure was his first game against the Red Wings after his trade to the Panthers. The guy was all over the place in that game and he was a rare non-Red Wings favorite of mine after that.

After that, I was a huge Derek Boogaard fan and even bought a Boogaard Wild jersey. :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad