GDT: Your Albany Devils vs Toronto Marlies: Game-7

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Marlie fan coming to wish you guys good luck

Last edited by a moderator:

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Blandisi has been pretty disappointing in these playoffs. Tonight would be a great time for him to have a big night.

Blandisi
10 2 1 3 14

3 points in 10 games is terrible. And those 14 PIM aren't so great either

Boucher
10 4 5 9 4

Lorito
10 3 4 7 4

Lappin
10 4 2 6 2

Pietila
7 3 2 5 8

O'Niell
9 1 4 5 6

Black
4 2 0 2 2

Last edited:

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Blandisi's production hasn't been good but from what I've seen and read, he's been an absolute pest in this series. He's really underneath the Marlies' skin and that's helped out a lot in taking them off their game.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Blandisi's production hasn't been good but from what I've seen and read, he's been an absolute pest in this series. He's really underneath the Marlies' skin and that's helped out a lot in taking them off their game.

That's all well and good but I'm looking for more than that from a potential NHL player.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
That's all well and good but I'm looking for more than that from a potential NHL player.

Of course, but they've done a good job shutting him down offensively. This was the best team in the AHL by a wide margin. His lack of production doesn't worry me one bit regarding his potential as an NHL-er

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
Well the Albany Devils twitter account told me Zacha is skating today and I told them thanks for letting me know as many fans are concerned that he's been out with a concussion hence him not playing.

They're sticking to the "lower body injury" however. Hopefully we can advance and see him play more and gain more experience.

Now the PR account tweeted me back and I'm seeing if they can definitely confirm that it was NOT a concussion. Doubt they can, but it can't hurt to ask.

And just tweeted back and said "Lower Body." Take it for what it's worth!

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Gotta say that I've also been a bit disappointed with Blandisi. He needs to stop diving and get back to producing. Getting under opponents' skin is great, but he needs to stop with the diving. I'm not worried about his potential per say, because I'm pleased with the skill I saw from him in the NHL. More worried about him finding ways to use that skill instead of diving. Of course, I'm mostly relying on radio broadcasts for my impression of Blandisi's play this series. Anyway, I wouldn't be upset to see Blandisi or any other Devil just take over this game and carry this team to victory. Go mini Devils!

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
The points are not there but Blandisi has been dynamic when he's on the ice. Good puck possession, circling the zone. He just needs to refine some things. I can see him being a real good player if he has good linemates on the big team.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
He showed up in Game 6. Sure you can complain he was bad in Games 4 and 5, but he play as well as he could have in Game 6.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
Well the Albany Devils twitter account told me Zacha is skating today and I told them thanks for letting me know as many fans are concerned that he's been out with a concussion hence him not playing.

They're sticking to the "lower body injury" however. Hopefully we can advance and see him play more and gain more experience.

Now the PR account tweeted me back and I'm seeing if they can definitely confirm that it was NOT a concussion. Doubt they can, but it can't hurt to ask.

Please, don't hold your breath.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ

Good to know - not that I'm 100% convinced yet, but I don't recall ever hearing about teams lying about upper body vs. lower body injuries. Hopefully it wasn't a concussion.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
Good to know - not that I'm 100% convinced yet, but I don't recall ever hearing about teams lying about upper body vs. lower body injuries. Hopefully it wasn't a concussion.

Nothing about that hit, if it was the hit that injured him, indicates a lower body injury. Unless he injured his rear end hitting the ice.

217 Forever

Sep 15, 2014

I think they should go to some version of the system used by the NFL for dealing with injuries. At a minimum the teams should be forced to issue updates after each practice instead of rely on beat writers/tweeters. The nonsense that goes on is just unacceptable to me.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Nothing about that hit, if it was the hit that injured him, indicates a lower body injury. Unless he injured his rear end hitting the ice.

I know, though I supposed he could've tweaked something (like a groin) in his lower body if he tried to avoid the injury at the last moment or turned awkwardly after the hit.

I'm just giving them the benefit of the doubt for now. I don't know what benefit it is for the team to lie and say lower body vs. upper body. And it would look really bad once the season is over and the injury is revealed if it was in fact a concussion.

At this point it's at least promising news that there's a decent chance he may not have suffered another concussion even though (a) the hit looked high (b) would be a bit odd to be skating but not playing with a lower body injury, especially if you're already ruled out.

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
Who really cares? Us knowing the reason for Zachas absence doesn't make him come back any quicker.

Huge game tonight. Any word on if O'Brien and Sislo are in?

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
True, but I'll take a sprained knee or ankle over a second concussion.

I'm with you.

This Zacha injury makes me extremely nervous. He seems to have been injured throughout the last two years and that is not what we want from a #6 overall.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I know, though I supposed he could've tweaked something (like a groin) in his lower body if he tried to avoid the injury at the last moment or turned awkwardly after the hit.

I'm just giving them the benefit of the doubt for now. I don't know what benefit it is for the team to lie and say lower body vs. upper body. And it would look really bad once the season is over and the injury is revealed if it was in fact a concussion.

At this point it's at least promising news that there's a decent chance he may not have suffered another concussion even though (a) the hit looked high (b) would be a bit odd to be skating but not playing with a lower body injury, especially if you're already ruled out.

Because they don't want fans to get freaked out over a concussion - look how freaked out everyone is just over a suspected concussion - and other teams to go out of their way to hit him up high. That's the obvious reason to withhold the truth. I'm not sure anyone's ever so much as been fined for saying lower body for an upper body injury.

You have to have transparency in the NFL cause of gambling considerations. Or at least attempted transparency. Some teams like the Pats over exaggerate everything on the injury report so you can't tell what's real and what's nonsense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad