Speculation: Your 6/7 defensive defenceman to Ottawa

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Our GM once again mentioned that he is in active trade discussions for a bottom pair guy. He mentioned free agency as well.

I suspect he is looking for an upgrade on Borowiecki. So likely a LD , solid pk defense first guy but skates half decently.

Anyone with a suggestion?

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Hunwick could be an option. Not sure how cheap they'd let him go for. They can probably do alright selling him at the deadline. But, if they got a good enough offer for him now. They could move him and look to replace him via FA with Russell or Quincey.

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
Engelland @ 50% retained for future considerations and a bag of peanuts.

Mathew Barzal

Walk It Like I Tocchet
Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver, BC
STEPPPPPP RIIGHHTTT UPPP!

YOU LOOKIN FOR TRUCULENCE?
YOU LOOKIN FOR CHARACTER?
YOU LOOKIN FOR A VERSATILE, LATE BLOOMER?

GET YERSELF A LUCA SBISA FOR THE LOW COST OF NOTHING RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW.

disclaimer: only while supplies last

dream43

Nov 19, 2013
Jonathin Ericsson is your guy! Plus you have the swedish connection with him and Erik Karlsson and you can have him for future considrations!!! Thats a win for everyone!

jimmyemery

Dec 20, 2014
Jackman is a UFA still, same as Quincey

Yeah, I was gonna say why not just sign Quincey. As long as he's not asking for too much money/term you could throw him on your 3rd pair and essentially have another (lower end)2nd pairing
But, if you're dead set on trading for someone, you could have yourself jonathan ericsson for a small price. I could even see the wings retaining some salary all while his cap hit is less than his actual salary paid out, which might be of interest to a team like ottawa.

jimmyemery

Dec 20, 2014
Quincey is the guy most Sens fans mention when talking third pair free agent defenceman.

Good to know...
He was very good for detroit in a top 4 role the last 2 years, I think it'd be a smart signing for the sens.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Ericsson for a puck bag, I don't even want the pucks. It can be old and tattered as well.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
I offer Oleksiak. Just think of all the positive Canadian press you can create by acquiring the brother of an Olympic star.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Hunwick could be an option. Not sure how cheap they'd let him go for. They can probably do alright selling him at the deadline. But, if they got a good enough offer for him now. They could move him and look to replace him via FA with Russell or Quincey.

I think the plan is to move hunwick at the deadline and hope to get a desperate team to throw a 2nd at us a-la Roman Polak.
I think they would take a 3rd + decent prospect but Babcock seems to like him.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
How would you describe his game?

Pretty much what the OP said. Big (6'3), great skating LH defensive defenseman. Likely needs a change of scenery, hasn't developed into what he was supposed to be as the 11th overall pick. If you want a big, mobile, pure defensive guy who is still only 23 he's your guy. He doesn't have much puck skill at all so that's what's holding him back but he's tough, nasty to play against, skates like the wind and probably wouldn't be a liability as a 6/7 guy then I think y'all could do much worse. At this point the Avs would probably entertain a change of scenery prospect swap or a pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad