Your 2023-24 Anti-Vezina winner is...

LaCarriere

Georgiev was probably overplayed. 62 starts, 63 appearances, 2nd moat of all goalies. Was average for what was asked of him, if the avs had a serviceable backup and georgiev wasn't playing 3/4 of their games he probably looks a bit better.

GrkFlyersFan

Jul 30, 2011
South Jersey
It's not Samsonov, at least he was good in the second half and ultimately ended up keeping his job. Vanecek or Korpi was the worst starter. Vanecek for me. The Devils some had winning the Cup, missed the playoffs completely because of goaltending, and Vanecek was their starter most of the season. Things actually got BETTER for them after they traded for Allen.

Reactions: DickSmehlik

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Why did Ottawa sign Korpisalo to a 5 year deal last summer? Was I the only one who said that was the worst contract of 2023 UFA day and it certainly STILL is after just one year into it? But some goalie guy said that Korpisalo was fixed after hip surgery and he was only bad for years before that because he was playing with a painful hip. His 2022-2023 was nothing more than an up season. Like when a really good player has a bad year/down year? Korpisalo did the oppositive of that in 2022-2023. He's legitimately probably the worst goaltender in the league, not counting call ups or some of the third string guys. And even a lot of them are better than him.

It makes sense though. After Ottawa signed Korpisalo to a 5 year deal, they quickly started the 2024 offseason by being just the second team and still only one of two teams to make an offseason head coaching hiring out of the currently 6-8 vacancies (whatever the number is that still remains) and that head coach was Travis Green!

Bravo Ottawa and Doriooopss. The guy that hired Green wasn't even the same GM that signed Korpisalo.

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
Vanecek or Georgiev.

- someone who drafted both as their starters in fantasy
Would you believe me if I told you I started the year with Raanta and Samsonov

(I had Andersen too lol that was a long year)

To that end, Samsonov for me. The turning point was the game where the Leafs literally erased a 5 goal deficit vs Columbus just so he could let in one more goal in overtime. I just could not believe this was a real NHL goaltender.

Raanta is a close second. You don't get to put up the worst 60-minute save percentage in the history of the statistic without getting mentioned

NVious

Dec 20, 2022
Samsonov really fell off towards the end of the year, but he did pick it up in the playoffs again

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Vitek Vanecek AINEC

Mans came to burn down the village, didn't bring any matches.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Georgiev was probably overplayed. 62 starts, 63 appearances, 2nd moat of all goalies. Was average for what was asked of him, if the avs had a serviceable backup and georgiev wasn't playing 3/4 of their games he probably looks a bit better.
Towards the end of the season it looks like they started to trust Jusstus Annunen at least as a back up, So maybe Geo gets a normal workload next year.

Reactions: Bear of Bad News

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad