Line Combos: Your 2016/2017 TML

maplejays62

Dec 19, 2008
JVR Stamkos Michalek
Kapinen Nylander Hyman
Sosh Dvorak Marner
Komarov Gautier Laich (Captain)

Bozak, Kadri traded for picks, prospects or a defencemen. First overall traded to Arizona for Dvorak and there first rounder in 2016 drafting a defencemen. If the leafs don't get the first overall pick then one of Bozak or Kadri replaces Dvorak.

Am I dreaming here?

TheKingSlayer

He was in the way!
Mar 12, 2008
Ottawa
Horrible Team, and why would we trade the first overall for Dvorak and a d-man, and there is no way OEL is traded? You take the C and run.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
JVR Stamkos Michalek
Kapinen Nylander Hyman
Sosh Dvorak Marner

Bozak, Kadri traded for picks, prospects or a defencemen. First overall traded to Arizona for Dvorak and there first rounder in 2016 drafting a defencemen. If the leafs don't get the first overall pick then one of Bozak or Kadri replaces Dvorak.

Am I dreaming here?

Yes, yes you are. I'd wait until after the draft lottery before making any sort of first draft of a concrete line up. Regardless, far too many unproven rookies in that lineup. Half of them will end up in the AHL next year.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Michalek is dead weight. No way he is playing on the first line with Stamkos. Laich is dead weight too, he will not be captain. Leafs will not trade the first overall if they get it. Why do people have this desire to trade that pick for sub par packages?

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
JVR Stamkos Michalek
Kapinen Nylander Hyman
Sosh Dvorak Marner

Am I dreaming here?

I don't know what is wrong with you guys, I would never trade this year's 1st OA for Dvorak and their 1st

By the way, how can you predict line combos for next year with so many unknowns (especially with the Leafs)

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
To Anaheim:
JVR
Kadri
Percy
Leivo

To Toronto:
Vatanen
Andersen
20th Overall

To Detriot:
Peter Holland
91st Overall

To Toronto:
Riley Sheahan

Sign: Stamkos, Eriksson Helm, Zaitsev

Eriksson(6)-Stamkos(10)-Nylander(0.9)
Michalek(4)-Bozak(4.2)-Paranteau(2)
Komarov(2.95)-Helm(3)-Soshnikov(0.75)
Greening(2.65)-Sheahan(1.6)-Hyman(0.9)
Smith(1), Laich (4.5)

Rielly(5)-Vatanen(4.85)
Gardiner(4.25)-Zaitsev(0.95)
Marincin(2.5)-Carrick(1)
Hunwick(1.2)

Andersen(3.25)
Bernier(4.15)

Kessel (1.2)
Gleason (1.3)
Cowen(-0.65)

73.65 cap hit

Michalek, Paranteau, Bozak, Komarov, Greening, Hunwick, Bernier all trade deadline bait.

Celly Hard

Nov 5, 2013
Ontario
JVR Stamkos Michalek
Kapinen Nylander Hyman
Sosh Dvorak Marner

Am I dreaming here?

Lol @ this post, lmfao at the bolded.

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
Lol @ this post, lmfao at the bolded.

"Hey Steven, I know you just signed the biggest contract in Leafs history, and you're instantly the face of the franchise and the best player on the team...but we're going to give the captaincy to 4th line grinder Brooks Laich, maybe you can wear an A". :laugh:

Mad Brills*

JVR Stamkos Marner

Michalek Kadri Soshnikov

Hyman Nylander Brown

Komarov Gauthier Laich

leivo/leispic extra forwards

Rielly - (TBD RH)

Gardiner - Zaitsev

Marincin - Carrick

Corrado/Hunwick as the 7th/8th d.

Cowen buyout

Free Agent Cheap Signing/or bernier if no trade
Sparks

BigWilly

May 6, 2012
Ontario
Going based off what's in the org today, + Zaitsev who seems like a lock and the #3 overall pick just for fun..

JVR - Bozak - Marner
Soshnikov - Nylander - Puljujärvi
Komarov - Kadri - Hyman
Leivo - Holland - Laich
Greening

Hunwick - Rielly
Gardiner - Zaitsev
Marincin - Carrick
Corrado

Bernier
Sparks

I may be in the minority, but I think we'll be a playoff threat.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Going based off what's in the org today, + Zaitsev who seems like a lock and the #3 overall pick just for fun..

JVR - Bozak - Marner
Soshnikov - Nylander - Puljujärvi
Komarov - Kadri - Hyman
Leivo - Holland - Laich
Greening

Hunwick - Rielly
Gardiner - Zaitsev
Marincin - Carrick
Corrado

Bernier
Sparks

I may be in the minority, but I think we'll be a playoff threat.

Replace Bozak with Stamkos then you have a potential playoff threat. That lineup will threaten for 11th-12th in the conference.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
Lou has indicated that the roster will be 50% turned over. Now I don't expect that to happen, but I do expect to have at least 5 or 6 players not in our current organization on the Leafs in October.

Albi34

Feb 14, 2010
I like the looks of these lineups, but I would like to add more Leipsic to the bottom 6.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
What do you mean?
11th in the conference would be a team that's a threat for the playoffs in my books.

There are 16 teams in the Conference. 11th place means you are 5 from the bottom.
That's where Ottawa is. Carolina just above. I don't see them as a threat.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
It's crazy what to expect out of this team. I honestly would have no idea as to what to expect out of a line-up this year. In previous years, I think most of us could have got 80% of the roster correct because of 1 way contracts and term left. But going forward it's way too hard.

I think that Lou focuses on solidifying goaltending going forward and also definitely has to upgrade that defence.

I think that the defence looks more like this next year:

Rielly - Shattenkirk
Gardiner - Quincey
Hunwick - Carrick

Andersen
Sparks

Upfront there are going to be a lot of spots open, but also a lot of competition as to what the Leafs are going to expect.

I really hope that Leivo wakes up this off-season to whatever Babcock told him and makes the team. I think he's perfect for a 3rd line wing. Soshnikov in a full season looks good to me.

Marner goes back to junior. Other than Mathews, anyone else goes to the AHL/Junior (if one of the Finns get picked, they are eligible for the AHL).

Surprise out of camp next year is Andrew Nielsen. Still a lot of work to be done, but he'll shock a lot of people and will play 5 games before being sent back to junior.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
Let's start with the goaltending, because that's the most straightforward. We keep what we have.

Defense will be the same too, plus Zaitsev and a Harrington call up. Harrington gets treated the way Corrado was this year, just following the team around until we trade someone (Hunwick).

Forwards are also fairly straightforward. Greening, Michalek, Laich, and Lupul will be around because no one will trade for them. JVR, Komarov and Kadri will stick around because management likes them. If we sign Stamkos, we keep Bozak, otherwise Bozie gets traded. Nylander, Hyman, Soshnikov have all earned spots with the team, and Marner is too good for the OHL. Leivo and Holland fight for the 13th forward spot in camp, unless one of them is dealt before that.

I'd like to see Michalek dealt with 50% retention and replaced with PAP on a one year deal, but I'm not counting on it or predicting it.

JVR-Stamkos/Bozak-Michalek
Soshnikov-Kadri-Komarov
Hyman-Nylander-Lupul
Greening-Laich-Marner*
Holland/Leivo

Rielly-Marincin
Gardiner-Carrick
Hunwick-Zaitsev
Corrado
Harrington

Bernier
Sparks

*Marner moves up in the lineup after he earns it.

Shaun_W_W

Jan 7, 2007
The thing I have learned is that we have no clue what this management will do. They could make huge trades, sign a bunch of UFAs, fill out the lineup with rookies or a combination.
Here is the skeletal lineup:

Komarov - Kadri - Soshnikov
(Shutdown line, 2nd line if we get Stamkos)

JVR - ________ - ________
(Bozak, Matthews, or Stamkos at centre, youngster on wing)

Hyman - Nylander - ________
(A vet to play with these two, sheltered scoring line)

________ - ________ - Laich
(Lots of 4th line options)

Rielly - ________ (This will be the hardest spot to acquire)

Gardiner - Zaitsev (It sounds like we are going to get him)

________ - Carrick (Hunwick/youngster here)

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Ovechkin - Crosby - Kane
Benn - Seguin - Tarasenko
Malkin - Gelzlaf - Perry
Tavares - Toews - Stamkos

Karlsson - Doughty
Keith - Weber
Letang - Burns

Price
Lundqvist

Shanny has a plan and nothing will stop him. Not even the salary cap.

Shaun_W_W

Jan 7, 2007
Ovechkin - Crosby - Kane
Benn - Seguin - Tarasenko
Malkin - Gelzlaf - Perry
Tavares - Toews - Stamkos

Karlsson - Doughty
Keith - Weber
Letang - Burns

Price
Lundqvist

Shanny has a plan and nothing will stop him. Not even the salary cap.

Stamkos doesn't like playing wing...

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
JVR Stamkos Michalek
Kapinen Nylander Hyman
Sosh Dvorak Marner

Am I dreaming here?

That would be the deal breaker for trying to sign Stamkos. "Hey Lou and Mike, who did you say would be on my right wing this year? Michalek? I'll take my business elsewhere"

There would have to be a parade down Yonge if Leafs get the 1st overall pick. That would then turn into a riot if we traded it down 6-7 spots and took Dvorak. That wouldn't be pretty.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
That would be the deal breaker for trying to sign Stamkos. "Hey Lou and Mike, who did you say would be on my right wing this year? Michalek? I'll take my business elsewhere"

There would have to be a parade down Yonge if Leafs get the 1st overall pick. That would then turn into a riot if we traded it down 6-7 spots and took Dvorak. That wouldn't be pretty.

Management would have to take a non-commital approach to telling him about his RW. "Well, we have a lot of exciting young talent in this organization, and Mike will be experimenting with different options to help you perform your best".

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Kadri - Stamkos - Komorov
JVR - Bozak - Kapanen
Soshnikov - Nylander - Lupul
Hyman - Holland - Leivo

Rielly - Marincin
Gardiner - Carrick
Harrington - Zaitsev

brettzz

Jul 20, 2014
it all depends on how stamkos and matthews play out for me. if they get stamkos we could see some huge moves this offseason. if not probably just small upgrades at best. maybe one or two bigger pieces (goalie, dman)

I'd love a trade for vatanen+andersen, without giving up JVR

I think if they really want to go for it next year we will need help on the RW, RD, and in net

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad