Line Combos: Your 2015-2016 Vancouver Canucks

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
If there no other trades which Benning seemed to indicate on today's conference call, The roster seems to be set:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Baertschi-Horvat-Vrbata
Higgins-Sutter-Hansen
Prust-Vey-Dorsett
Virtanen

Edler-Tanev
Hamhuis-Sbisa
Bartkowski-Weber
Corrado

Ryan Miller
Jacob Markstrom

That line-up to me doesn't feel like a bottom 5 team, I feel like we will be 8-9th place in the West.

I also predict Sbisa will be be the 7th defenceman mid-way into season and be replaced by Corrado.

EDIT: it's amazing to see how much of the old core is left: Sedin, Sedin Burrows, Edler, Hamhuis, Higgins, Hansen. At least 2 of those players will be gone (Hamhuis, Higgins) by next season, Burrows will be gone in 2 years, Hansen will be gone in 3 years, and Sedins will probably retire in 3 years.

Last edited:

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I suspect Kenins will make the team as well and they'll carry 14 forwards and give JV 9 games before making a decision with him.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
I suspect Kenins will make the team as well and they'll carry 14 forwards and give JV 9 games before making a decision with him.

Kenins is the only player waiver exempt, I think he will start in Utica. Canucks seem very adamant on controlling Virtanen's development therefore I think he will stay with the Canucks.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Kenins is the only player waiver exempt, I think he will start in Utica. Canucks seem very adamant on controlling Virtanen's development therefore I think he will stay with the Canucks.

My mistake, I assumed he was waiver eligible.

a Fool

Emperor has no picks
Mar 14, 2014
Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Baertschi-Sutter-Vrbata
Prust-Horvat-Hansen
Higgins-Vey-Dorsett
Virtanen, Kenins

Edler-Tanev
Hamhuis-Sbisa
Bartkowski-Weber
Corrado

Miller
Markstrom

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
That is not even close to a championship team.

A bubble team, sure. Hoping the wheels fall off early and we move Hamhuis and Vrbata for big packages at the deadline. But given how JB trades, I'm sure that means we'll be throwing in picks with our players.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
improvements in the division and lack of goaltending will sink this team.

Jack Tripper

Vey Falls Down
Dec 15, 2009
Perth, WA
sedin-sedin-burrows
baertschi-sutter-vrbata
higgins-horvat-dorsett
hansen-vey-prust
kenins
virtanen

tanev-edler
sbisa-hamhuis
weber-bartkowski
corrado

miller
markstrom

sedins are still productive enough to keep the team within the playoff race (as most teams that don't wholly tank are), but they're still basically one major defensive injury away from the lottery

Butcher

Dec 7, 2013
sedins are still productive enough to keep the team within the playoff race (as most teams that don't wholly tank are), but they're still basically one major defensive injury away from the lottery

Or centre or goaltending injury. Wings are fine for depth at least.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Ideally for the depth of the team, Vey develops chemistry and earns the 2nd line centre duties..

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Baertschi-Vey-Vrbata
Higgins-Sutter- Dorsett
Prust/Kenins-Horvat-Hansen

During Virtanen's trial:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Baertschi-Vey-Vrbata
Higgins-Sutter- Hansen
Dorsett-Horvat-Virtanen

Safe money is on Vey improving, but still being a tweener... So I would go :

Ideally for the depth of the team, Vey develops chemistry and earns the 2nd line centre duties..

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Baertschi-Horvat-Vrbata
Higgins-Sutter- Dorsett
Prust/Kenins-Vey-Hansen

During Virtanen's trial:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Baertschi-Horvat-Vrbata
Higgins-Sutter- Virtanen
Dorsett-Vey-Hansen

CP

Thou shalt not Tank
Mar 8, 2008
By November:

Sedin-Sedin-Virtanen
Kenins-Horvat-Vrbata
Baertschi-Sutter-Burrows
Prust-Cassels-Hansen
Vey-Dorsett

Edler-Tanev
Hamhuis-Corrado
Sbisa-Weber
Bartkowski

Markstrom
Miller

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
That is one bland looking team. Very few things to be excited for with the upcoming 15-16 Vancouver Canuck season. Prospect development, and a shot at a top pick in the draft are the only things that excite me for the future ahead.

Win One Before I Die

Cautious Optimism
Jul 31, 2007
That is one bland looking team. Very few things to be excited for with the upcoming 15-16 Vancouver Canuck season. Prospect development, and a shot at a top pick in the draft are the only things that excite me for the future ahead.

They weren't bland last year and the year before?

Love

Feb 29, 2012
What I hope for:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Kenins-Horvat-Vrbata
Higgins-Sutter-Hansen
Prust-Vey-Dorsett
Grenyay

Edler-Tanev
Hamhuis-Weber
Sbisa-Corrado
Bartowitsikowski

Miller
Markstrom

I didn't include Virtanen because I just don't really know what will happen with him. If they move Higgins before the fall then I'd slot him in at LW where Higgy is.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Everytime a move happens, our already mediocre lineup looks worse, our salary cap goes up, and somehow, our prospects cupboard doesn't improve, and we don't get younger.

When Gillis was fired, I thought the Canucks were in prime position to make strides in the right direction-- This is pretty close to the worst case scenario.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
MY Vancouver Canucks wouldn't have Sbisa, Prust, Dorsett, Bartkowski, Sutter, and Miller. It would have plenty of cap space, Lack, Kassian, Bonino, Stanton, and a few signed UFAs.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Everytime a move happens, our already mediocre lineup looks worse, our salary cap goes up, and somehow, our prospects cupboard doesn't improve, and we don't get younger.

I wish I could have this quote as my sig every time I post.

Sums up my feelings perfectly.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
What I hope for:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Kenins-Horvat-Vrbata
Higgins-Sutter-Hansen
Prust-Vey-Dorsett
Grenyay

Edler-Tanev
Hamhuis-Weber
Sbisa-Corrado
Bartowitsikowski

Miller
Markstrom

I didn't include Virtanen because I just don't really know what will happen with him. If they move Higgins before the fall then I'd slot him in at LW where Higgy is.

No Baertschi on purpose?

Love

Feb 29, 2012
No Baertschi on purpose?

Oops.

Here I'll fix it:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Kenins-Horvat-Vrbata
Baertschi-Sutter-Hansen
Higgins-Vey-Dorsett
Prust

Edler-Tanev
Hamhuis-Weber
Sbisa-Corrado
Bartowitsikowski

Miller
Markstrom

Of course that isn't going to happen though. Kenins will start the year in the AHL unless there is a trade and Prust will be on the 4th line.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Baertschi-Horvat-Vrbata
Higgins-Sutter-Hansen
Prust-Vey-Dorsett
Virtanen

Edler-Tanev
Hamhuis-Sbisa
Bartkowski-Weber
Corrado

Ryan Miller
Jacob Markstrom

I think the Canucks will sign another 'Bartkowski-ish" type defenseman with their leftover cap space, but who knows.

JA

Vrbata and Hamhuis are not being re-signed. Some observers such as myself believe that this is a rebuilding year. Vrbata and Hamhuis will be traded.

If both of these players are removed from the lineup, this is easily a non-playoff team. We are undoubtedly aiming for a Bottom 5 finish.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad