OT: Your 1st post.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Lets try and look back to your original post.

Mine was this, which was a thread.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=151063

07-14-2005, 02:10 AM
G0dard49

vCash:

Cant we buyout milbury?

Is that possible???????????
Well the glaring need on this team was scoring and a big stay at home dman
Jonsson leaving to me is not a gigantic loss and i say we part with hammer.So many questions right now its hard 2 even figure out whats going on and what team will be out when we start the season.Hunter,yashin,blake,peca,mattias,scatchard, asham i say should be the keepers with peca leaving after this season.aucoin is the only dman id keep.hammer is often and injured and plays small and janne is small and i find he has a lack of heart even before him quitting his team this past year.So via free agents + campoli,gervais,paps,mapletoft,bergenheim in the mix we might have something here.I cant begin to name the free agents but again get a scorer and BIG stay at home dman and who knows maybe we have something.Oh i did leave out kvasha beacuse i cant stand him,if only we could switch his body with blakes guts and heart we would have a a keith tchauck!

Page 482, boy I would like to think I came a long way since then = )

Somehow they lost my account info and I lost posts and my start date = (

There was a GODARD49 and I switched the O with a 0 and I remember him saying....couldn't you have picked a different name???

Also take notice to this comment in the thread.

Godard

You keep acting like the current Islander ownership is a bunch of cheapos that won't spend $$. So far under most of Wang's tenure we tended to be in the middle of the NHL in payroll. The payroll was about 2.5 times higher in 03-04 than it was when he took over. We aren't going to go out & get everyone (which is obvious due to the cap) but for some reason you seem to think this ownership is real cheap when it comes to spendin $$$ on its players. Thats just false, this isn't the Milstein era anymore

Unfortunately I was right about the "cheapo"

Last edited:

OlTimeHockey

Dec 5, 2003
home
My first post is history.....buried in the sands of time. HF changed over to a new format and all my Milstein and Luongo era posts - gone. I think my first post was likely about Czerkawski and how you overlook defense to a degree with a team desperate for scoring or just talent, period.

AOL dial up, 42 Kbps if lucky, some here weren't even born I assume.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
My first post is history.....buried in the sands of time. HF changed over to a new format and all my Milstein and Luongo era posts - gone. I think my first post was likely about Czerkawski and how you overlook defense to a degree with a team desperate for scoring or just talent, period.

LOL..Why your the front runner for the Vince Vaughn Award.

OlTimeHockey

Dec 5, 2003
home
LOL..Why your the front runner for the Vince Vaughn Award.
I had Trottier relocated. BEB and Crew don't post very often, BEB almost never, but those two were right there when I started yelling at a monitor. I remember reading Trottier's first post:

Canturians can't beat the Huns without a solid defense, no matter how fast the sabre. I'm tired of Nero's all offense legion. We'll never retake Constantinople with such petulant adherence to an all out front in battle. I swear I'll start posting in the Celtic forum if things don't change here.

He's probably one of the first guys here, in other words.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
I had Trottier relocated. BEB and Crew don't post very often, BEB almost never, but those two were right there when I started yelling at a monitor. I remember reading Trottier's first post:

He's probably one of the first guys here, in other words.

Is he now a Devil fan?

OlTimeHockey

Dec 5, 2003
home
Is he now a Devil fan?

I think so....he just kinda had enough. Probably grinning with the team winning and playing three zone hockey, though. The Isles are like herpes. They may fade away but you can't get rid of 'em. Just hope there are no Wangs flaring up.

7:11 of OT

Not my trophies
Oct 26, 2002
Eastern Suffolk, NY
Visit site
My first retrievable post (prior posts no longer maintained).

"09-30-2003, 11:20 AM
Replies: 8 Thrashers Players Injured in Car Crash
Views: 861 Posted By 7:11 of OT
In addition to the civil suit, do you think there...

In addition to the civil suit, do you think there is the potential for adverse reactions from the other Thrashers? Would they react negatively toward Heatley causing problems in the locker room or on... "

Wow - long time ago, and I was living in Philly at the time. Nice to see that those of us that have long suffered are starting to see some light at the end of the tunnel.:)

Last edited:

Cavonnier

Apr 23, 2013
Maine
While the others use this thread to reminisce about their first posts, I'm going to shed my lurker status and make my own first post.

I'm originally from Northern California and I moved to the East Coast in 2008 and to Long Island in 2010. Back in January I decided to start following the Islanders. I figured I should start following one of the local sports teams, and because I live in Nassau County the Islanders were the obvious choice. Plus I figured I'd be able to get tickets cheaply and I was a fan of Nabokov back from when I watched him play in San Jose.

It's been a joy watching the Islanders develop this year. I had low expectations for the team, but even then I found myself questioning my sanity when I watched them routinely blow leads early in the season. And then something amazing happened: the team jelled and this Johnny-come-lately has had the chance to enjoy their playoff push.

As fun as this season has been for me, I imagine the Islanders' turnaround means a lot more to all of you longtime fans who have been wandering in the desert for so long in search of the promised land. I just hope there's plenty of room on the bandwagon for me!

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I'm on mobile so if someone were willing to dig for me that would be cool but I'm pretty sure my first post was in the 2011 draft thread and it was totally rediculous. My knowledge and common sense has grown so much in two years! :laugh:

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
While the others use this thread to reminisce about their first posts, I'm going to shed my lurker status and make my own first post.

I'm originally from Northern California and I moved to the East Coast in 2008 and to Long Island in 2010. Back in January I decided to start following the Islanders. I figured I should start following one of the local sports teams, and because I live in Nassau County the Islanders were the obvious choice. Plus I figured I'd be able to get tickets cheaply and I was a fan of Nabokov back from when I watched him play in San Jose.

It's been a joy watching the Islanders develop this year. I had low expectations for the team, but even then I found myself questioning my sanity when I watched them routinely blow leads early in the season. And then something amazing happened: the team jelled and this Johnny-come-lately has had the chance to enjoy their playoff push.

As fun as this season has been for me, I imagine the Islanders' turnaround means a lot more to all of you longtime fans who have been wandering in the desert for so long in search of the promised land. I just hope there's plenty of room on the bandwagon for me!

Yeah, thanks for making the rest of us look bad with your post. :rant:

Haha, welcome and glad you finally made the plunge. Excellent first post. There's always room for more on the bandwagon. :yo:

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
09-03-2006, 12:17 PM
Strummergas

vCash: 500

Name: Frank

I've been an Isles fan since: I was born (1977), but my earliest memories of the team are from the 1982 season.

My favorite Isles memories are: '82 & '83 Cups, Lafontaine's Easter OT winner, Volek's OT winner, Shawn Bates Penalty Shot.

My favorite Islanders of all time are: Cup years: Ken Morrow, Greg Gilbert (he gave me a puck at Cantiague Park where they used to practice, 10 minutes from where I grew up). Post Cup: Lafontaine, Mikko Makela, Gerald Diduck. Early 90's Playoff Teams: Ferraro, Lachance, Flatley. The "Lean" Years: Wendel Clark, Trevor Linden, Mathieu Schneider. Recent Years: DiPietro, Jonsson, Aucoin, Campoli.

I'd also like to mention that: This is my first post on these boards although I've been reading them for months. I look forward to talking about my favorite team in all of sports throughout the season and during the off-season when there's not a lot of hockey talk in the New York media. Let's Go Islanders!!

Ouch! I don't remember caring for DiPietro and Campoli so much back then!

Last edited:

bigtim1988

YES! YES! YES! YES!
Jun 7, 2009
long island

I thought AOL was the bees knees when I was a kid, I was facinated by the key-lighting bolt-AOL logo, along with all those weird noises when u first logged on. That also reminds me, the islander website wasn't "newyorkislanders.com" it was " xice.com or something weird like that.

Back to the topic......I'm sure my first post was so stupid, I don't even wanna see lol

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
I can't even find my first original post since I've changed names a few times but my first post as bunk is something ripping Eklund about trading strome to move up two spots in the draft

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
LOL mine was a doozy, then I was blasted immediately after the great KC!

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?p=6149625&highlight=#post6149625

Quote:

Originally Posted by ECK29:

Personally I would love to see Travis Green back on the Isles...although we have to many centers already! We need more wingers though and a goalie wouldnt hurt

Welcome to the boards and because you're a noob, I won't blast you, but why would you want a 35 year old Travis Green on this team? To me, he is an awful fit here.

Barzaltrick

The New York Saints
Jan 18, 2011
My first post was also quite a doozy. Here's some background:

Jonathan (Chairman Mao) was riling up a lot of Islander fans on a thread on the main board called "Islanders will win the Cup in the next 4 years!!" This was in 2011, and while the majority of posters admitted that OP's bold claim was laughable, many Islander fans (this includes users PatientlyWaiting and boredmale) took offense to Mao's dismissive tone towards the Islanders and his hijacking of the thread.

I felt compelled to take action after he claimed that the Islanders "have been an embarrassment on ice for almost the past two decades (let alone just one)."

And so I put on my internet warrior battle mask, let out a Let's go Islanders battle cry, and entered the war of words:

I don't see the point in bragging about routinely losing early in the playoffs year after year. (I especially enjoyed the Rangers Capitals playoff series, that was a thriller) Not only this but the Rangers have won one cup in the modern era, despite being one of the "original six". I just don't understand the logic behind this fan's reasoning. I could have sworn that this topic was about the Islanders and their chances of winning the cup in the next few years. While I personally find this unlikely, there's no need for the ****storm that this rags fan is stirring up.

By the way, kudos to boredmale who, in response to Mao's guarantee that the Rags would win the cup if Sather managed to sign Richards, replied:

If the Rangers sign Richards he will go the way of all the other high priced signings the Rangers have done

:yo:

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Went back to my join date (December 2007, jesus it's been a long time) and found my first post was a lame joke in a thread entitled "Anyone else here dislike Mike Comrie's game?"

My response?

He's Hilary Duff's boyfriend people. Isn't it obvious he has amazing game?

And they're still together. Those crazy kids made it!

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Is there anyway to find them from previous usernames? It keeps giving me invalid user, and the history of my current name only goes back to once it was changed.

NYIschremp44

Oct 25, 2003
NYC

who knows who Dustin Rose is?

was anyone here a member of Robert Ceparano's Onelist email group in the late 90s?

Last edited:

KyleBailey12

Jul 3, 2010
New York
Just found mine! :laugh:

Oh man, it's a thread from 7/2010 during the offseason. Sheldon Souray was on waivers and someone mentioned we should bring him or maybe we should pass if he has chemistry issues with Streit.

I responded with this:
I don't know much about this, but I know its a factor in why Streit came to the Island. On the PP, it was all Souray. I'd stay away, but if in fact they can work it out or if nothing was wrong in the first place it isn't a bad move. It could kill you later if he gets hurt. I still think and like to hope that we could get more for the money we have available.

I can't believe I said it isn't a bad move. :laugh:

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Is there anyway to find them from previous usernames? It keeps giving me invalid user, and the history of my current name only goes back to once it was changed.

Yes if you go page by page, how I found mine. Go back about 50 at a time until you get when you started date(s)

Edit: what was your original username?

dok101

Jan 2, 2006
New York
The thread, "How / When Did You Become an Islanders Fan."

My first post (01-03-2006, 03:23 AM):

I began to watch hockey during the 87/88 season when I was 9 years old but my first really memorable Islander moment came in 89/90. It was the last game of the regular season and we needed to defeat the Flyers at home (I was at the game) and we needed Buffalo to defeat Pittsburgh. We did our part against the Flyers but the Buffalo-Penguins game went to overtime (A tie would not help us). After the game at the Coliseum concluded they put the Sabres and Pens game on while it was in overtime. Almost everyone in the Coliseum had stayed to watch. And then in O.T., Uwe Krupp scored for the Sabres and we got in to the Playoffs instead of the Pens. We eventually lost to the Strangers in the 1st round but it was definitely a great first memorable moment for me as an Islander fan. Interestingly, by making the playoffs we selected one spot after the Pens in that summer's draft. The Penguins took a guy named Jaromir Jagr. We took good ol'e Scott Scissons who played all of 2 games for us during his impressive career.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Here's mine from late September 2005. It's not my first, it's just the oldest I can find. I'm pretty sure I posted in threads from 1999 or earlier. I remember complaining about the Isle's 1999 draft picks, some things never change. Well, get ready for some laughs, scott99 optimistic as always about our prospects:

Dustin Kohn ???
Have any of you guys seen Dustin Kohn play ? I hear he has Taylor Pyatt type of speed (this reference goes out to all of you old school hockeysfuture Isles fans). Looks like another offensive defenseman to add to our bounty of talented young defensemen (Campoli & Gervais). GO ISLES !!!

Fantom

Jan 5, 2006

Look on the way back Machine you might be able to find it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad