Your 19/20 "Buy/Sell" thread

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
No, not a ticket thread, that's still here:
Columbus Thread VI (All City/Arena Questions, Ticket Exchange, Meetups, etc in here)

This is our annual "late summer and there's nothing to talk about so let's play a game" thread.

Make a statement/prediction regarding the Blue Jackets upcoming season. Can be a stat/number thing, or more general. Next poster either buys (thinks it will happen) or sells (thinks it won't), explanations optional but welcome, then makes a statement/prediction of their own.

Reactions: Palm Tree

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Getting things started:

Alexandre Texier scores 16 or more goals.
Yay my favorite thread!

I totally buy that. With the ice time (and PP skills) Tex has, I think he might have the best CBJ rookie season ever. Especially if he actually bulked up over the summer.

Elvis is the starting goalie coming out of camp.

Reactions: Palm Tree

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Yay my favorite thread!

I totally buy that. With the ice time (and PP skills) Tex has, I think he might have the best CBJ rookie season ever. Especially if he actually bulked up over the summer.

Elvis is the starting goalie coming out of camp.

I’ll sell, but I think he’ll be the starter by December.

B/S the power play finishes in the top-15

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I'd love to see it but I have to sell.

Nyqvist has 55 or more points.

Sell. He averaged 44 points in the 3 previous years to last year. He'll be 30 years old by the start of the season.

Buy/Sell........... Ryan Murray plays in 70 or more games.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Going to have to sell. He has only done that once in his NHL career and it was 4 years ago. Dude is very good when he plays, but missing time is a near certainty for him.

PLD has less than 25 goals.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Buy/Sell......Korpisalo plays less than 20 games after sub par performances.

Sell Tortz already showed he doesnt trust him

Sell? Sounds like you agree Korp won't start 20, which is a buy.

Less interested in the "rules of the game" than your thoughts on the scenario. Just want to make sure I'm getting you right.

Buy/Sell....................Atkinson scores less than 30 goals.

Buy, although maybe he scores 30 on the dot. A little regression plus the no-Panarin thing. I mean, sure it's be great for him to hold steady around 40 but I don't think it's a disaster if he doesn't.

Elvis gets in a goalie fight during a line brawl at some point during the season.

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
Sell? Sounds like you agree Korp won't start 20, which is a buy.

Less interested in the "rules of the game" than your thoughts on the scenario. Just want to make sure I'm getting you right.

Buy, although maybe he scores 30 on the dot. A little regression plus the no-Panarin thing. I mean, sure it's be great for him to hold steady around 40 but I don't think it's a disaster if he doesn't.

Elvis gets in a goalie fight during a line brawl at some point during the season.
Opps, youre correct. Yes i buy it since I dont think Tortz trusts him enough unless Elvis turns into a dumpster fire

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008

Buy. But only because I love goalie fights.

Buy/Sell

Jones garners serious consideration (top 5 in voting) for Norris Trophy

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Buy. But only because I love goalie fights.

Buy/Sell

Jones garners serious consideration (top 5 in voting) for Norris Trophy
Buy - Jones will be 4 or 5.
Buy/Sell - Wennberg finishes the season as the Blue Jackets 2nd or 3rd line Center.

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
Buy - Jones will be 4 or 5.
Buy/Sell - Wennberg finishes the season as the Blue Jackets 2nd or 3rd line Center.

I’ll go buy. Think partly because he’ll have a slight bounce back (though maybe still a bit disappointing) and partly due to lack of options. Even if a trade is made, think they’d move Boone back to wing and have Wennberg be 3C (if he has that bounce back I expect).

Buy/sell: Gavrikov will play more games than Kukan, who will play more games than Harrington.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
I’ll go buy. Think partly because he’ll have a slight bounce back (though maybe still a bit disappointing) and partly due to lack of options. Even if a trade is made, think they’d move Boone back to wing and have Wennberg be 3C (if he has that bounce back I expect).

Buy/sell: Gavrikov will play more games than Kukan, who will play more games than Harrington.

Sell, because I think Harry gets more than Kukan. I don't want it but I think ours what happens.

Buy or sell, Bemmstrom scores more than 8 goals this year.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Sell, because I think Harry gets more than Kukan. I don't want it but I think ours what happens.

Buy or sell, Bemmstrom scores more than 8 goals this year.

Buy. Jarmo is completely blowing smoke about this kid if he can't get 8.

Buy/Sell.........Dubinsky dresses for less than 50 games

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Buy. Jarmo is completely blowing smoke about this kid if he can't get 8.

Buy/Sell.........Dubinsky dresses for less than 50 games
Buy...he'll either be hurt or he'll suck that he becomes a full time healthy scratch.

I ask this same question every year but buy/sell Elvis/Korpisalo will have a combined 5+shutouts

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Korpi has 1 career shutout, and Elvis is a raw rookie. I'll say buy, but I'm not confident in it.

Riley Nash scores over 5 goals.

Ice9

Jun 25, 2016
In the woods
Buy. He has to. Doesn't he?

Buy/Sell...............Sonny Milano dresses for 40 or more games with the CBJ

Sell...although I'd like to see him step up and finally make his arrival I don't think it happens. At least in Columbus.

B/S, A Defensive player is traded to bolster scoring between camps opening and the deadline.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Sell...although I'd like to see him step up and finally make his arrival I don't think it happens. At least in Columbus.

B/S, A Defensive player is traded to bolster scoring between camps opening and the deadline.

Sell, I don't think we trade a good enough player to add a good scorer.

B/S Jackets have a 5 or more game losing streak.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad