youngest norris winner

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
I enjoy these reactions very much though, the arrogance and then the defensiveness about two players, Crosby and Lidstrom, is just uncanny. :biglaugh:

To address the points

30 games is a huge amount to go in case you didn't notice. 50 games into the season last year, Chris Pronger was the favorite to win the Norris.

Stats aren't everything. Check. Lidstrom's +/- loses much of the shine when taken relative to his team and teammates. As does his points, as his "obviously inferior teammate" racks them up quite well too. Maybe the offense and goaltending of Detroit might have something to do with +/- and the bunch of assists Lidstrom has?

Names of players who clearly will challenge:

Zubov, big one here, I consider him to be the leagues best defenseman, the injury hurts his chances, but then again 30 games is quite a bit.

I consider Lidstrom to be 2nd.

Pronger, started off slow but is catching on. 30 games is a lot to win or lose it, as the Norris favorite by last years All Star break knows.

Gonchar, has had a quietly remarkable season, and will definielty be looked at on how he fares without Crosby and how Pittsburgh does. The first several games he has looked great.

So you see, some people like to wait until handing out Harts, Art Rosses, and Norris Trophies, and find it quite annoying when homer comments are made.

Does it?

Lidstrom +40
Kronwall +18
Rafalski +17
Chelios +9
Lebda +7
Lilja +7

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Do you have anything substantial to offer besides insults? Such as, for instance, actual names of players who are going to challenge Lidstrom, who is double-digit points ahead of everyone except his obviously inferior teammate and Sergei Gonchar, and who has more than double the +/- of any other defenseman in the NHL? Obviously stats arn't everything, but when you are blowing every other defenseman in the league away statistically, are arguably the best defensive player, and are the leader of the NHL's best team, it's going to take one hell of a convincing argument to beat you.

Plus minus can only be accepted as somewhat legitimate when comparing to one's teammates.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad