Youngest ever Calder Cup Champion?

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
There used to be a rule that they recently got rid of that AHL players had to be at least 20, so I'm guessing some 20 year old was the youngest.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
There used to be a rule that they recently got rid of that AHL players had to be at least 20, so I'm guessing some 20 year old was the youngest.

There was never a rule that you had to be 20. It's been 18 for a very long time.

The 20 year old limit is based on the NHL/CHL agreement. Players not covered by it can play in the AHL full time at age 18.

Tampa GM

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
Adrian Kempe is now a Calder Cup champion @ 18 years old ;)

That Adrian was just a few victories away from winning as a 18years old was actually the reason I came up with the question :). Adrian was 18 years and around 9months. He was just a few days away from being to young to be drafted last summer so I guess he must be one of the youngest ever to win the Calder cup.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
That Adrian was just a few victories away from winning as a 18years old was actually the reason I came up with the question :). Adrian was 18 years and around 9months. He was just a few days away from being to young to be drafted last summer so I guess he must be one of the youngest ever to win the Calder cup.

Have you tried emailing the AHL ([email protected]) or tweeting at them with the question?

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Good chance Kempe is the guy. I tried looking thru some rosters the last few years and while there are some 18 year olds listed as being with the team during the Cup win, none of them saw playing time during the postseason which pretty much doesn't get them on the official Calder Cup roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad