Young Stars tournament - September 7-9, Vancouver

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Gawanke is a tire fire. Green has no idea where to position himself. Stanley not as solid as last game. Spacek continues to be a turnover machine. Berdin has a long way to go.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Gawanke is a tire fire. Green has no idea where to position himself. Stanley not as solid as last game. Spacek continues to be a turnover machine. Berdin has a long way to go.

Yeah Stanley has gone back to running around and making low percentage plays. On the plus side Chisholm is having a much better game, good prepositionally and showing some nice poise and break out ability.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Yeah Stanley has gone back to running around and making low percentage plays. On the plus side Chisholm is having a much better game, good prepositionally and showing some nice poise and break out ability.
the only thing bad from Stanley I seen was him getting toe dragged at blue line. not any running around low % plays.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Canucks have 2nd best pool in NHL

All your elite players are in the NHL

Imo dont feel bad at all, its just a mismatch, you guys have an elite young core.
Agreed. Really only 2 or 3 real prospects playing for this team. They didn't even send a few others that are not NHLers, like Samberg (NCAA), Gustafsson (Sweden, injured), Niku (AHL), etc. To be honest, I don't really see the point of this "tournament".

LovemyNucks

May 26, 2009
England
Canucks have 2nd best pool in NHL

All your elite players are in the NHL

Imo dont feel bad at all, its just a mismatch, you guys have an elite young core.

Yeah when the regular season comes around I'm sure this prospect tournament won't tarnish all the easy two point games vs the Canucks lol.

Reactions: ocdaddy

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
maybe the jets should have brought players with 4 years experience in this tournament also

Why though this tourney is meaningless? The guys competing to be Jets are already at the Iceplex practising with pros. This is a Moose tryout, and Veselainen is likely the only guy that gets past the 1st round of cuts. Spacek, Suess, Mc Kenzie and Stanley may get a preseason game before demotion. Nothing to get excited about.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I wouldn't go that far. He's been fine with the puck. It doesn't help him to play with Green who is as disorganized and chaotic as a D partner can be.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Why though this tourney is meaningless? The guys competing to be Jets are already at the Iceplex practising with pros. This is a Moose tryout, and Veselainen is likely the only guy that gets past the 1st round of cuts. Spacek, Suess, Mc Kenzie and Stanley may get a preseason game before demotion. Nothing to get excited about.

Pretty much this the players who are close aren't being played in this tournament.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I know the Canucks fan hate the guy but I have liked what I have seen from Juolevi. May not be a Werenski but seems like an eventual NHL player to me.

I wouldn't go that far. He's been fine with the puck. It doesn't help him to play with Green who is as disorganized and chaotic as a D partner can be.

Green has been the best D tonight. One one shift he bailed out Hrabik a couple of times. I expected a bit more from players like Hrabik and Reichel who have played in men's leagues.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I know the Canucks fan hate the guy but I have liked what I have seen from Juolevi. May not be a Werenski but seems like an eventual NHL player to me.

Green has been the best D tonight. One one shift he bailed out Hrabik a couple of times. I expected a bit more from players like Hrabik and Reichel who have played in men's leagues.
Green's been a mess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad