2nd Tier Fan
Mar 15, 2007
0907GDT-1.jpg
EdmontonOilers.com Game Preview

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
I like a lot of players in the Jets lineup at every position.

Another big defensive test for the Oilers to keep the skilled players under control.

Hope Comrie starts for the Jets.... he's a good one.

McspOiler

Feb 27, 2012
Victoria, BC
Wish we could see Klefa on his true side. I think playing the right was one of the big problems for him. Like jeez he had to get used to ice size and playing on the opposite side all in one game.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
They played yesterday, so perhaps we can catch a tired squad. They are a loaded squad right through their lineup though. Lets just go out there and be able to hang our heads high when its over.

I imagine Petryk. Platzer, Davidson, and Leach draw in. If we're looking at a goalie other then Bunz, throw Rimmer to the wolves and see if he floats. I don't know enough about the other two.

Things I'll be watching for...
- Klefbom and Nurse (especially) to show better
- MOAR GREG CHASE!
- For the heavy bodies to throw their weight around

Crobby

Sep 14, 2009
Jets have a lot of solid prospects. I think we're outmatched, but hopefully we see some of our guys rebound after last game

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
I like a lot of players in the Jets lineup at every position.

Another big defensive test for the Oilers to keep the skilled players under control.

Hope Comrie starts for the Jets.... he's a good one.

Comrie has been confirmed as the Jets starter I believe.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Comrie will start in goal for us, as Olkinoura went yesterday against the Sharks. Line combos will probably change a bit from last night so no projections on the Jets side yet.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Lineup tonight...

Platzer - Khaira - Miller
Baddock - Schaber - Chase
Kessy - Ewanyk - Bilckie
Fyten - Roy - Houck

Klefbom - Marincin
Musil - Leach
Davidson - Gernat

Cadorette
Palazzese

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Lineup tonight...

Platzer-Khaira-Miller
Baddock-Schaber-Chase
Kessy-Ewanyk-Bilckie
Fyten-Roy-Houck

Klefbom-Marincin
Musil-Leach
Davidson-Gernat

Cadorette

I really thought they would have Nurse in there so he could get some confidence back..

oh well, really looking forward to seeing Klef and Marincin together.

jp7

Aug 13, 2011
@EdmontonOilers 3m
#Oilers D pairings tonight: Leach-Musil, Klefbom-Marincin, Gernat-Davidson. Between the pipes, Cadorette starting Palazzese backup.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
No Nurse? WTF? I missed the last game so I was hoping to get my first look at him today :(

Moonlapse Vertigo

Katz n' MacT BFFs
Oct 2, 2009
Edmonton
Nurse's body language was not good as he left the ice on Thursday. He was (somehow) overwhelmed in the first game and needs to take a look at the action from the pressbox.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Nurse's body language was not good as he left the ice on Thursday. He was (somehow) overwhelmed in the first game and needs to take a look at the action from the pressbox.

He's had a day to digest it, guys like Marincin and Gernat had good first rookie camps albeit maybe Calgary's squad was better than anything that they faced then. I'm not liking the looks of this at all. IMO you have to show confidence in him and throw him right back out there.

Valic

BOOOOOOOOOO
Jun 12, 2007
Canada
He's probably injured.

That being said, my god our forwards are terrible. I know, I know, all our fist round picks are in the NHL.

Sure miss Reider that's for sure. Great parting Gift Tambo.

Moonlapse Vertigo

Katz n' MacT BFFs
Oct 2, 2009
Edmonton
He's probably injured.

That being said, my god our forwards are terrible. I know, I know, all our fist round picks are in the NHL.

We'd be in much better shape from an offensive perspective if the Russian kids were there. It is what it is.

Oct 30, 2011
He's probably injured.

Yeah, I hope Kessy shows something this game, like a pulse. I hope Rieder tears it up at Phoenix dev. camp.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
@dantencer
Todd Nelson says all the defensemen will get 3/4 rookie games (vs. UofA included) so it's just Nurse's turn to sit

Also, Chase had this to say...

"We got the jitters out last game. Tonight I'll look to be more physical and mix it up more."

I love this dude. Total gem of a 7th rounder. What a beaut.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad