Post-Game Talk: Young Stars Classic - Flames def. Canucks 4-1 (Corrado with the lone Canucks goal)

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Who: Vancouver Canucks and Calgary Flames prospects
What: Young Stars Classic, Game 4 (2nd game for Canucks)
Where: South Okanagan Events Centre in Penticton, BC
When: Friday, Sept. 6th 7:30pm
Why: To find a cure for boredom

--->Live stream: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCql6DNV6rk<---
Radio: http://www.teamradio.ca/ (Team1040)

Vancouver Canucks Lineup
Hunter Shinkaruk - Bo Horvat - Zach Hall
Cain Franson - Cole Cassels - Nicklas Jensen
Adam de Champlain - Philippe Maillet - Alexandre Mallet
Mitch Elliot - Alex Friesen - Ludwig Blomstrand

Evan McEneny - Frankie Corrado
Sacha Guimond - Jordan Subban
Miles Liberati - Henrik Tommernes

Joacim Eriksson
Mathieu Corbiel

Calgary Flames Lineup
Max Reinhart - Josh Jooris - Linden Penner
Michael Ferland - Sean Monahan - Dylan Smoskowitz
Ben Hanowski - Markus Granlund - Emile Poirier
Turner Elson - Corban Knight - Sven Baertschi

Keegan Kanzig - Ryan Culkin
Zach Davies - Tyler Wotherspoon
Eric Roy - John Ramage
Patrick Sieloff

Joni Ortio
Laurent Brossoit

Info about the tournament can be found here: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1491781 (schedule and team rosters)

Last edited:

Rex Banner

Custom User Title
Aug 22, 2013
I hope Frankie is playing tonight. I'd also like to see a few shifts of Jensen Horvat Shinkaruk once in a while.

I also hope the commentators put in a better effort tonight. Just please follow the on ice action. Stop talking about random garbage that no one wants to hear.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I hope Frankie is playing tonight. I'd also like to see a few shifts of Jensen Horvat Shinkaruk once in a while.

I also hope the commentators put in a better effort tonight. Just please follow the on ice action. Stop talking about random garbage that no one wants to hear.

I can guarantee you won't get your third wish. Rob Kerr was bad last night but will be even worse now that the Flames are playing. Time to mute the computer tonight.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
I'm also hoping for a Shinkaruk-Horvat-Jensen line this game, just to see how that works out.

enuck

Relax and enjoy
Jan 20, 2007
Under a palapa

I understand the commentators are not exactly the cream of the crop but their commentating reminded me of those annoying, loud fans you sometimes get sitting behind you at games that won't shut up and watch the game. :laugh:

rule #1 of play by play broadcasting/ colour commentating - insert additional pertinent information when there is a pause in play.
rule #2 - when arena sounds are at a low volume, decrease, not increase yours. :D
Too bad these guys didn't bother to google before they went into the booth lol

A color commentator (color analyst, analyst) is a sports commentator who assists the play-by-play announcer, often by filling in any time when play is not in progress. The color analyst and main commentator will often exchange comments freely throughout the broadcast, when the play-by-play announcer is not describing the action. The color commentator provides expert analysis and background information, such as statistics, strategy and injury reports on the teams and athletes, and occasionally anecdotes or light humor. Color commentators are often former athletes or coaches of the sport being broadcast.​

The entire production was like two colour commentators trying to out-do the other.

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver
I'm also hoping for a Shinkaruk-Horvat-Jensen line this game, just to see how that works out.

Me too. Pacan was on the same line as Shinkaruk and Horvat (both of whom looked really good) all night but pretty much did nothing with it. I'd be curious to see what Jensen can do with better offensive linemates.

JoeCool16

Sep 9, 2011
Vancouver
Me too. Pacan was on the same line as Shinkaruk and Horvat (both of whom looked really good) all night but pretty much did nothing with it. I'd be curious to see what Jensen can do with better offensive linemates.

Pacan might also not be comfortable with that role, and would be happier in a more energy, checking role. Don't really know what kind of player he is since he was pretty much invisible, but he didn't appear to have any chemistry with Shinkaruk and Horvat.

...I don't know if I'd put Jensen with them though, our team feels pretty thin up front already. Would they not just play really hard to shut down the one line, and then pick apart the others? I agree it'd be nice to see Corrado, at least in one of these games.

arsmaster*

Pacan created space for the other guy. Not to concerned.

Interested to see what the blueline looks like tonight: Blain and Corrado likely drawing in for Johnston and Guimond?

Foundational Player

Benning the Incompetent
Mar 27, 2008
BC
Going to the game tonight, looking forward to seeing the new kids from both teams. Have they mentioned the starter yet? Read in some prior posts that Lack isn't going to be playing in the tourney, guess its Cannata with the start vs the Flames?

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
I would like to see Gaunce paired with Jensen

They were, weren't they?

Here they are sharing some joy:
Sept0513_JohnstonScrum_b_slide.jpg

arsmaster*

Gaunce was playing with Hall and Hope I thought, although he did create some chances with Blomstrand.

Jensen seemed to be playing with Mallet the whole game though. Can't really recall.

Bieksa#3

Mar 2, 2007
Gaunce was playing with Hall and Hope I thought, although he did create some chances with Blomstrand.

Jensen seemed to be playing with Mallet the whole game though. Can't really recall.

Yea Jensen was with Mallet. Not sure who the other guy on the line was though.

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver
Going to the game tonight, looking forward to seeing the new kids from both teams. Have they mentioned the starter yet? Read in some prior posts that Lack isn't going to be playing in the tourney, guess its Cannata with the start vs the Flames?

I believe the only goaltenders who were brought to Penticton are Lack, Eriksson and invitee Mathieu Corbeil. Chances are the Canucks want to see what Eriksson can do so he'll likely start most, if not all, the games.

arsmaster*

Can someone explain to me why the Canucks are wearing white helmets with their blue uni's and the Sharks wore their dark helmets with their dark uni's.

Looks ridiculous.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010

It seemed like they took a bit of a blender to some of the lines late in that Sharks game. There were more than a few occasions where Jensen and Gaunce were out there together. Not sure if it was a result of all the special teams stuff, or some sort of 'adjustment'. But i could've sworn they ended up on the same 'line' at least for a short stretch.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I don't think it's an exaggeration saying that Jordan subban skates nearly identical to PK subban, the stride is the same, the power from the break out, Just imagine if this kid was a few inches taller, He would be a 1st round pick easy.

Not to mention he has a Hard shot for his size, Any chance a growth spurt can hit the kid?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad