Post-Game Talk: Young Stars Classic - Canucks def. Sharks - 3-2 (Horvat, Jensen, Lolwho? (Johnston))

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Who: Vancouver Canucks and San Jose Sharks prospects
What: Young Stars Classic, Game 2 (1st game for Canucks)
Where: South Okanagan Events Centre in Penticton, BC
When: Thursday, Sept. 5th 7:30pm
Why: HOCKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHERE CAN I WATCH THIS HOT ACTION??!?!?: It will be streamed on http://canucks.nhl.com/
WHERE CAN I LISTEN TO THIS HOT ACTION IF I CAN'T ACCESS CANUCKS.COM?!?!?: http://www.teamradio.ca/ (Team1040)

Info about the tournament can be found here: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1491781 (schedule and team rosters)

Last edited:

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Sick GDT bro

Yay prospects!

tumblr_mrkdd4lwb61qbx3o0o1_250.gif

tumblr_mp8je8zRJ11qaosmto1_250.gif
tumblr_lu4e82uGw41qm8jvso1_400.gif
tumblr_mrkdd4lwb61qbx3o0o6_250.gif
tumblr_mnn5j8xZZL1rurk8do3_250.gif
tumblr_mpqtbnmw1j1qeuj9vo1_250.gif
tumblr_mblu2vDSYA1rurk8do4_250.gif

Last edited:

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
A pretty solid lineup for Vancouver. Four first rounders at forward, a decent defensive group led by Corrado and good goaltending.
In addition to the usual suspects, I'm really interested in seeing Subban, Cassels, Gaunce (maybe he is one of the usual suspects) and Eriksson. I have a feeling that Gaunce and Jensen could really challenge for a spot this year on the team depending on how the camp goes.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
if anyone knows of a radio station in seattle (and bellingham) where I can here this, lemme know...1040 cuts out around bellingham, which i'll be passing thru by the time it's 7:30. Can't imagine any american station would be covering this. Boo urns.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Will they stack a line of
Shinkaruk Horvat Jensen

or spread around the talent
Shinkaruk Horvat Grenier?
Bloomstad Gaunce Jensen

both lines have size and skill - 4 former 1st rounders

All we know so far, is apparently Shink and Horvat are playing together, likely with Pacan as they were practicing as a line.

arsmaster*

Bo and Hunter were skating on a line with Pacan yesterday via Canucks.com article

I don't think they'll load anything up, probably try and make pairings and alternate wingers

Shinkaruk-Horvat-Pacan
Hall-Gaunce-Jensen
Blomstrand-Mallet-Grenier
Friesen-Cassels-Myron
Elliot or dechamplain as extra/goon

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I literally know nothing about Hall. Could anyone tell me what to expect when watching him?

arsmaster*

I literally know nothing about Hall. Could anyone tell me what to expect when watching him?

Playmaking winger. Scheifele's linemate the last year and a bit. Be nice to see him with Gaunce and Jensen, as he can set up both guys who have good to very good shots.

I thought he would have been drafted this year (he was at our prospects camp last year).

I like him.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Playmaking winger. Scheifele's linemate the last year and a bit. Be nice to see him with Gaunce and Jensen, as he can set up both guys who have good to very good shots.

I thought he would have been drafted this year (he was at our prospects camp last year).

I like him.

Thanks, will keep an eye out for him

Ernie

Aug 3, 2004
CainFranson

Whowhatnow?

I wonder why Corrado isn't playing

He's at another level. These tourneys are more to see how the fringe players perform. Corrado will definitely be in main camp and will see plenty of pre-season action, so there's little reason to play him.

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
Whooo hoo. So stoked for tonight!

FX Canada series/season premier of Always Sunny in Philadelphia at 7 followed by the Canucks prospects at 7:30.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Travis Green is about to be interviewed on 1040: potential insights on plans for the tournament, Utica, etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad