You really don't want Toronto to have home ice advantage

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
Bad ice will always favor the less skilled team. Watching tonights game is a very good example that we do not want the Leafs playing at home.

I would take the first change with good ice over last change on shitty ice every day of the week

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
they're used to playing on shitty ice at this point. They know what they can and cant do more than the other team.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Yes we do. Since 1999, the Leafs are 1-6 in series when they start on the road. Only win was that Sens sweep. 6-2 in series with it. Id hope for home ice.

Reactions: Wings4Life

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
You think Boston has good ice? LOL. Their arena is just as busy as ours. I guarantee it. Or TB? You think their ice will be good in May? Get real.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Usually ice in Canada will be better in the late spring than in many US southern cities..
So it will better to home ice advantage over Washington, Tampa and Nashville. Yeah, winning that first round over Boston is kinda important.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Are there any NHL arenas with truly good ice?

A lot of the Canadian teams have good ice, except us, because we share the arena with the Raptors. Edmonton is probably the most renown.

The worst ice we played on this year might have been in L.A.....multipurpose arena with 3 sport teams that play there regularly. One of those games where the ice might have legitimately cost us the game.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Now that it's being discussed, I've been wondering for a while why Rogers/MLSE/shanahan don't implement a plan to solve our terrible ice issues. They seem to do everything else top notch to cater to the leafs, and yet the playing surface is still trash.

I should hope that their looking into a variety of options such as less concerts, new ice making technology and such. Seems like there's room for improvement.

Reactions: 54thecup

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Probably missed it but I’ve only ever heard fans complain about the ice.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Probably missed it but I’ve only ever heard fans complain about the ice.

It might categorize as fans, but the guys on TSN1050 overdrive were creating a fuss about it aswell.
Hockey players are likely just being politically correct about it all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad