You know it's going poorly for the Blues when...

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
In a city that has seen countless President's Trophy-winning seasons, St. Louis fans are accustomed to waiting for the first round of the playoffs for the horror show to start.

Not this year.

I think the following stat line from the Blues' 4-2 loss to the Blue Jackets pretty much epitomizes the kind of season Nick has suffered through:

"Dominic Moore beats up Chris Pronger at 5:18 of 2nd period
Chris Pronger ejected from game at 5:18 of 2nd period"

'nuff said.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
'nuff said, indeed.

Pronger fought to a draw with Rick Nash a week ago, and I believe Byfuglien got beat up by Bouwmeester of all people a while back. Not exactly the intimidating blueline. Waiting for Chara to lose one to Brad Boyes as a sure sign of the apocalypse.

The good news is that despite the loss, the Blues are no longer 10 points back of a playoff spot, but only 3. Still on the outside looking in, to be sure, but a chance to still make the post-season.

And if there is anyone knows that anything can happen in the first round, it's me.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
The good news is that despite the loss, the Blues are no longer 10 points back of a playoff spot, but only 3. Still on the outside looking in, to be sure, but a chance to still make the post-season.

Yep. You've had a much better stretch of games lately, and while the top 7 seem to be home and cooled for the playoffs (although in what order is anyone's guess), there are as many as 5 or 6 teams still in the conversation for the 8th seed. And of course we could see more volatility than that, as the Kings' mid-season surge proves.

Going to be a fun finish!

The old geezer

Feb 10, 2007
I called it earlier in the year ... he's playing possum ("Quondo Omni Flunkus Moritati").

He's going to sneak into 8th at the tail end of the year and try and knock off the top seeds himself.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
I called it earlier in the year ... he's playing possum ("Quondo Omni Flunkus Moritati").

He's going to sneak into 8th at the tail end of the year and try and knock off the top seeds himself.

Possum Lodge represent!

He's certainly seen the 8th seed win enough times to have a good idea how it's done by now.

Sad but true.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad