'You haven't done anything until you've won a Stanley Cup'

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
That article honestly gave me chills, I love the passion in his words, hes definitely hungry for more. As the season starts I think people not just the players are anxious to see what will come next, having stood in Nashville for the playoffs with the crowds outside the arena I understand what he means by the fans giving off an uplifting vibe, I can only imagine what it does to the players. Of course being a Nashville fan I want to see us go all the way, but I love this level of rise in fan activity that we are starting to see such as Vegas and Winnipeg, hopefully the sport will grow to that level more in the US

Great post. I think Preds fans are the best in the US and maybe in NHL. Seeing a southern team embrace hockey like Nashville has makes this Canadian hockey fan very hopeful for the future of our national sport. I think that the Preds and Jets make become bitter rivals in the future because both teams are among the best in the league and both have great fan bases but I hope fans like you will understand I have the deepest respect for Preds fans. I hope we beat you and the cup comes back to Canada but if this does not happen I will be cheering on the Preds to win it all and bring a cup to a city that deserves it.

Reactions: valeriammm

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
What a awesome video. Scheifele has been my favorite player for a few years now but this just reinforces my love for the player. Most Professional players don't deserve the hype they generate but Scheifele is the exception. I think that Scheifele truly believes in this team, organization and city. The Jets are lucky to get such a player for the price he is currently paid. If the Jets win the SC in the next few years it will be because of Scheifele's play and contract. When this contract for Scheifele is done if any player deservers to be paid top dollar and term going to the end of his career it is Scheifele.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
I love his energy but it's kind of odd that a player so scientific and rational about every waking aspect of his career would be oblivious to the massive role that variance plays in winning the Cup, and how much of it is truly out of your hands.
Like life in general.
The only thing we can control is attitude and I like his a lot .

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud
I love his energy but it's kind of odd that a player so scientific and rational about every waking aspect of his career would be oblivious to the massive role that variance plays in winning the Cup, and how much of it is truly out of your hands.

Wrong!
you cannot see the amount of work Schief puts into his game and think that he want's to leave anything to chance.

yes it takes luck, but lucky to be good and good to be lucky.

Schief wants to be the best player in the world and since Barrie he has understood that to do that requires unending commitment to work and effort. A holistic approach to mind and body and spirit. Why should he concern himself with luck when that is the one element he cannot control?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad