You have 1 choice, Marner or Matthews .. Who do you keep?

baton elevated

One Man Gang
Jun 4, 2009
I will go with Marner. AM signing for only 5 years at the highest contract in the league tells me all I need to know about his intentions. Like Trouba Americans always want to go back home and will probably Bolt.
Hope I'm wrong because we need him but this contract length worries the crap out of me.

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
I will go with Marner. AM signing for only 5 years at the highest contract in the league tells me all I need to know about his intentions. Like Trouba Americans always want to go back home and will probably Bolt.
Hope I'm wrong because we need him but this contract length worries the crap out of me.
Coming in with that unfounded, tinfoil hat-worthy hot take

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto

To be fair, the 5-year term was put on the table by Dubas to save on cap space. Matthews seemed willing to sign for 8 years at a higher amount.

Reactions: ElbowLander

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad