You Be The Boss: Jets 2016

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
That's an extensive survey. It will be interesting to see the results (so article 2/10 for me this month, I guess).

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
What the **** does Keep, Cut, or Give Him a Raise even mean?

Yeah, I wasn't sure completely either. Was assuming "raise" meant if they were coming up to UFA/RFA. At least that's how I did it. Scheifele, Trouba got raises ect.

Needed to be a trade option. Kind of wanted to put that for Staff instead of keep, but oh well.

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
"Which UFA should the Jets sign?"

Well I went with Stamkos but that's kind of a silly question.

m.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Yeah, I wasn't sure completely either. Was assuming "raise" meant if they were coming up to UFA/RFA. At least that's how I did it. Scheifele, Trouba got raises ect.

Needed to be a trade option. Kind of wanted to put that for Staff instead of keep, but oh well.

I kinda just changed to to 'Okay', 'Bad', 'Good'.

You're right that Stafford was not worthy of cutting, keeping, or giving a raise to.

"Which UFA should the Jets sign?"

Well I went with Stamkos but that's kind of a silly question.

I would've gladly taken 'none of the above' or 'Ladd at $5mx4'.

I went with Perron, expecting him to be the cheapest option.

:whatever:

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Actually they don't have to do too much.
Fired all the coaches except Maurice.
Cut Pavs, Stuart and Thor.
Sign a couple of cheap vets.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Kept Helly, Little, Schief, Wheeler, Ehlers, Buff and Meyers, no fooling around rest of the players, coaches and management GONE!:rant:

No half measures!

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I kinda just changed to to 'Okay', 'Bad', 'Good'.

You're right that Stafford was not worthy of cutting, keeping, or giving a raise to.

I would've gladly taken 'none of the above' or 'Ladd at $5mx4'.

I went with Perron, expecting him to be the cheapest option.

:whatever:

I took 'cut' to mean move by whatever means so I cut Stafford (traded). Also 'cut' Pav (bought out). 'Give a raise' I took as meaning 'keep with extra enthusiasm' since we can only give raises to those who are eligible for extension/renewal.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Ya, I wish none was an option

I selected Loui Eriksson. Stamkos wasn't even remotely realistic and I hated a lot of the other options.

I just mentioned trading Myers for a LHD in the extra comments at the end, but yes... this would have been nice.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Would rather they just have two options

keep or get rid of.

the 3rd option of giving a raise is stupid and just muddies the water.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
^ I think the 1% who want to give Stu a raise might be even crazier. He made $3.7M this past season.

kxx

the great southern threadkill
Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
Would rather they just have two options

keep or get rid of.

the 3rd option of giving a raise is stupid and just muddies the water.

I couldn't agree more. It was a terribly worded survey I thought. By raise did they mean pay more money or play them more? Because I would rather just 'Keep' Scheifele at his ELC seeing as how its apparently an option? Like for some of them 'Raise' and 'Keep' aren't valid options (Scheifele for example - raise essentially means keep. Wheeler - can't really raise him yet but definitely want to keep him...)

Another example:

'Who should the Jets trade for New York Islanders defenceman Travis Hamonic?" and they give the option of 'Someone else'?

How about Mark Stuart and a Jeanne's cake?

I mean maybe the point is to get feedback but I thought it could have been done a lot better. Then again this is the Sun.

boanst

May 25, 2013
Im surprised Stuart had below 50% approval. Most people I know loves them some Stuuuuuuu.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad