Post-Game Talk: Yotes @ Preds - Welcome to the Phil Zone

Status
Not open for further replies.

cool beans

I didn't know
Jul 8, 2022
They can do whatever they want on Wednesday. The game that counts is on Thursday.
What’s your take away from this game, besides correcting dates?

How are you gonna spin the view point on this terrible start to the 2nd half of the season?

respect to the OG tho FRFR ^
I don’t always agree with him but he has been on that train for awhiiiiile

Reactions: predhead1

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
What’s your take away from this game, besides correcting dates?

How are you gonna spin the view point on this terrible start to the 2nd half of the season?

The second half started 9 games ago with game 42. Details matter.

Crap game but the team remains in contention even with the lack of performance from the top 6 tonight, especially at ES ... Calgary lost in OT putting them up by 5 points, the Preds maintaining 3 games in hand. Minnesota is going to OT putting them up either 5 or 6 points depending how extra time goes with the Preds maintaining 2 games in hand. The team sits at 0-1-0 in the sixth ten game split that started tonight ... after taking 65% of possible points in the 20 games prior to this loss. This has been a team in contention for months ... far from in but definitely not out.

Back to the reactionary posts that are the norm.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
he do be right tho (in this current Hynes era)
This started prior to Hynes arrival. Way before his rival actually. The Arrival of Johansen started this . Even the cup final year the team got in in a wild card spot and Pekka took the team on his shoulders. To the final and it has been one tragic comedy after another since.

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
The second half started 9 games ago with game 42. Details matter.

Crap game but the team remains in contention even with the lack of performance from the top 6 tonight, especially at ES ... Calgary lost in OT putting them up by 5 points, the Preds maintaining 3 games in hand. Minnesota is going to OT putting them up either 5 or 6 points depending how extra time goes with the Preds maintaining 2 games in hand. The team sits at 0-1-0 in the sixth ten game split that started tonight ... after taking 65% of possible points in the 20 games prior to this loss. This has been a team in contention for months ... far from in but definitely not out.

Back to the reactionary posts that are the norm.
I truly enjoy our back and forth and appreciate your vigorous defense of your beliefs, but this is 100% Hynes Cope .

This team, when it has an opportunity to do anything meaningful in terms of advancement in the standings continuously shits the bed. This team is incapable of rising to the occasion.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Really??? Just checking back in and another blown lead... to the worst team in hockey... at home...

This is bullshit.
I saw the score was 2-1 Nashville and the final was 4-2 Arizona.

I also saw that the Coyotes had lost 18 road games in a row!

Hynes is on now. "A disappointing loss". That is an understatement.

Reactions: PredsV82

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
stolen from twitter lmao
1676347378870.png

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
And Minnesota loses in the shootout ... so 5 points back with 2 games in hand on the WC2 spot ... 4 points back, no games in hand on #3 in the division. The Wild are 3-6-1 in their last 10. Calgary is 4-4-2. Preds are 6-4-0.

Thursday we find out if the Preds sweep the Bruins this season or if the series is a split.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
This started prior to Hynes arrival. Way before his rival actually. The Arrival of Johansen started this . Even the cup final year the team got in in a wild card spot and Pekka took the team on his shoulders. To the final and it has been one tragic comedy after another since.
Yeah since Johansen was here we only went to the finals one season and won a President Trophy one season. We were so much better before that.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
I truly enjoy our back and forth and appreciate your vigorous defense of your beliefs, but this is 100% Hynes Cope .

This team, when it has an opportunity to do anything meaningful in terms of advancement in the standings continuously shits the bed. This team is incapable of rising to the occasion.
I understand dumping on Hynes because he has never been a decent coach much less good coach . But consider a couple points who hired him? Also who spent to the top of the cap for this roster? Poile owns just as much of this situation as Hynes does. And as one thinks about it the case can be made this is the worst team in the league. I know the Yotes, Blue Jackets, and a nd a couple more have fewer or the same amount of points. However each of those teams are rebuilding and not spending what Poile has on there teams. Poile has bandaged his roster and tweaked and played around the edges a it has gotten away from him. Even preseason a number of talking heads nd media pontificators had this team in playoff contention. And while mathematically that could still be true but some pretty unbelievable things would have to happen. First this team would need to stop losing streaks of more than three games. Then turn around and give one hope there is still a chance and play like tonight.

Over time Pred fans have
Yeah since Johansen was here we only went to the finals one aneas and won a President Trophy one season. We were so much better before that.
Did he take the team to the next level or was it the defense and goaltending? If you say he was the difference your only kidding yourself.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Yeah boy gotta love that hot start after that break.

6-4-0 in the last 10 games played. The issue remains having to dig out of the hole they put themselves in the first eight games back in North America ... 1-6-1 in those eight games which created the gap they've been trying to close ever since October. The last forty one games = 22-14-5 which is a points pace that gets interesting if they maintain it and finish the season in the 93-94 point range.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I understand dumping on Hynes because he has never been a decent coach much less good coach . But consider a couple points who hired him? Also who spent to the top of the cap for this roster? Poile owns just as much of this situation as Hynes does. And as one thinks about it the case can be made this is the worst team in the league. I know the Yotes, Blue Jackets, and a nd a couple more have fewer or the same amount of points. However each of those teams are rebuilding and not spending what Poile has on there teams. Poile has bandaged his roster and tweaked and played around the edges a it has gotten away from him. Even preseason a number of talking heads nd media pontificators had this team in playoff contention. And while mathematically that could still be true but some pretty unbelievable things would have to happen. First this team would need to stop losing streaks of more than three games. Then turn around and give one hope there is still a chance and play like tonight.

Over time Pred fans have

Did he take the team to the next level or was it the defense and goaltending? If you say he was the difference your only kidding yourself.
No I say it’s a team sport, he was one of the additions that helped.

Reactions: weeze

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I’ve got to stop going to these games. Took all of December off due to conflicts. Finally got back in time for:

Vegas- one of the worst Preds games I’ve ever seen

Arizona- loss to one of the worst teams in the league

Thankfully we will not be able to make the Boston game so maybe the shit show will end.

Reactions: bdub24

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
No I say it’s a team sport, he was one of the additions that helped.
That is the issue you and I have looking at players. While it is a team sport and all must pull there load the stars and those paid the big bucks have to pull more of the wagon. Johansen had earned his contract really two years of all he was here. Now how many years did Rinne earn his ?????

Your outlook on a team and a few others are 20 goal players are awesome and 70 point players are over the moon. I looked the other day and there are going to be 70 guys with 40 goals and about 150 with 70 points.

Teams that are doing well have two or three of these guys on there team these days. The Preds have none. That’s not to say that FF in. Career year does it or Duchene but Johansen had not earned that contract. And many here see him as a 3rd liner not my words but others here place him there. He is unreadable without retaining the bull of his remaining salary.
You know what the presidents trophy or cup final loser gets you? A flag. This was a better team in the Arnott Karyia years than that presidents trophy or cup final team if they had Pekka in his prime then things would have been different.
A team can not be iced with a couple 50 point guys with a few 20 goal guys and be competitive no matter what the coaches name is.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I saw the score was 2-1 Nashville and the final was 4-2 Arizona.

I also saw that the Coyotes had lost 18 road games in a row!

Hynes is on now. "A disappointing loss". That is an understatement.
Yep- Coyotes had not won a road game since NOVEMBER 23

Let me repeat- November 23

0-13-5

Complete embarrassment

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Man, that Tomasino turnover was awful but seeing him getting benched after that just felt depressing. It's like one mistake, and you're out type of situation and that's no way to grow an offensive talent.

It's like Hynes has them walking on egg-shells right from the puck-drop and they're just out there scared to not make a mistake.

Reactions: AnalogKid

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Man, that Tomasino turnover was awful but seeing him getting benched after that just felt depressing. It's like one mistake, and you're out type of situation and that's no way to grow an offensive talent.

It's like Hynes has them walking on egg-shells right from the puck-drop and they're just out there scared to not make a mistake.
He played 14:47, which was good enough for 7th among forwards and was out there with the empty net. He committed an awful turnover that sealed the game and deserved to sit for the last minute after that. I would expect the same treatment for any player in that situation--it was a rookie mistake and a teachable moment that he'll learn and get better from.

Last edited:
Reactions: nine_inch_fang
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad