Pre-Game Talk: Yotes and Sens | Dec. 21 2013

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
Wayne Scanlan ‏@HockeyScanner 3s

Anderson starts. Corvo out and Gryba in. Zibanejad is day to day. #sens

Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 1m

MacLean doesn't anticipate calling up a forward. Maybe for Monday vs. Pens. #Sens

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
This is what is going to happen in this game and every game until #82 - inconsistent Ottawa with flasjes of elite talent to razzle dazzale from time to time, but you'll see inefficient hockey with no leadership.

Call me when the draft Lottery is decided. If it's Anaheim at #1 - (tell Alfie has was right....he's always right)

Whippet

Feb 6, 2013
Hoping the D will look like this:

Cowen -Karlsson
Methot - Ceci
Phillips - Gryba

Its time to keep Phillips away from the top 4. I think Methot will be a much better sidekick for Ceci.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Go Sens!

Ignore the naysayers, real fans are behind ya.

Also really like the D-pairings above.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Miffed that it is another afternoon game. I was gonna buy tickets just now but I'm busy tomorrow until 6. Urgh.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Hoping the D will look like this:

Cowen -Karlsson
Methot - Ceci
Phillips - Gryba

Its time to keep Phillips away from the top 4. I think Methot will be a much better sidekick for Ceci.
Hoping so too. You'd think Phillips would work well with a PMD, but traditionally he's been at his best when paired with another stay at home D.

Corvo absolutely deserved to sit after last night's game. I don't like to call hockey players "lazy", but he's been epitomizing laziness the past couple of games. I might have replaced him with Wiercioch instead, but Gryba will do.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Anderson played quit well against Florida. He deserved a better outcome.

I like that Corvo is out. He floated out there especially on the first goal. Gryba gets too much hate around here but he's a solid 6/7 d-man. Too bad our team is full of them.

I'm not ready to give up on the year yet. Too many teams are mediocre in the East. Until we're 10 points out, I'm not waving the white flag. We still have a huge chance if Lehner and Anderson return to form.

NiceGuyDrP

Nov 15, 2013
Yah, give Anderson the bulk of the easy starts to get more market value and then trade him for a top-6ish winger and let the Lehner take over. Pretty sure this is the only way the Sens have a shot at getting any return for a player this year and having a shot at a playoff run, no? Who could the Sens potentially have to back-up the beast once (if) he gets released from his cage?

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Sens may not get a win for the rest of December

Yotes
Pens
Bruins
Bruins
Caps

Ya, we had our chance to pick up points against less-than-elite competition and we blew it. Now it's definitely an uphill battle to close out the month. See what we're really made of I guess? We tend to randomly excel against elite competition.

Golden

Haven't we suffered enough?
May 3, 2007
Well this team does like to play down (or up) to the opponent. It's quite possible that we make a game out of this. It would be nice if we could string together a couple of wins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad