Rumor: Yotes and Hjalmarsson have agreement

Blackhawk93

May 2, 2018
I hope it’s reasonable. He’s got a lot of miles and injuries on his body, he could fall apart at any moment. That said I still love him and the dudes a warrior.

Devilsrock17

Jun 20, 2018
I wouldn't resign him I would trade him for someone a bit younger and quicker how bout Jonis Brodin or Parayko?

Reactions: ck26

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
My guess is 4.5M x 2 years. 3 years would be a little lengthy but might have to be that to get it done.

Arizona sleeper pick for Karlsson in free agency :naughty:

FinnishCoyote

Jan 3, 2017
I could have sworn it was always against the rules to negotiate extensions with players until they were in the last year of their contracts.

Of course you can negotiate with your players, but deal is only a verbal agreement, nothing is official. Both parties can still change their minds

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Damn, either Hjalmarsson's agent sucks or he doesn't care too much about money.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona

Or like most every player that goes to AZ, they do not want to leave. For people who follow the NHL, this shouldn't come as a surprise anymore, yet here you are.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Or like most every player that goes to AZ, they do not want to leave. For people who follow the NHL, this shouldn't come as a surprise anymore, yet here you are.

Ah, that's a mighty big superiority complex you have there. If Hammer does indeed like Arizona, than he falls into the second category of "not caring about money". Plus you can say that about the majority of teams, the only difference is Arizona has iced a competitive team from 2010 to 2012, so most players from Arizona aren't exactly relevant.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

Why are you ignoring the 3rd and most likely option which is him enjoying where he is at? If it was a good ol canadian boy taking a hometown discount, would you lament their choices? I really doubt it.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Hjalmarsson has been taking slapshots off the kneecaps for ten years. The security this deal offers is invaluable when your next injury could be your last.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015

He doesnt care about money, he's said it before when he signed his last cap friendly deal with Chicago

Starting in 2014-15, he'll get annual salaries of $4.2 million, $4.2 million, $4.1 million, $4 million and $4 million.
"Maybe I could have gotten more somewhere else," he said, "but I make a lot of money, so I don't really have to think about that too much."

Niklas Hjalmarsson gets five-year contract extension

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
He doesnt care about money, he's said it before when he signed his last cap friendly deal with Chicago

Starting in 2014-15, he'll get annual salaries of $4.2 million, $4.2 million, $4.1 million, $4 million and $4 million.
"Maybe I could have gotten more somewhere else," he said, "but I make a lot of money, so I don't really have to think about that too much."

Niklas Hjalmarsson gets five-year contract extension
He also said he felt bad about the offer sheet deal he signed in 2010 and didn't push the Hawks more.

But him signing an extension now is security because if he's hurt again like last season he wouldn't make 5 mil on the market when people would think hes physically done.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Nice. He was huge for us when healthy.

We need to stay at least a little competitive until our savior Barrett Hayton arrives to bring us perennial contention. :sarcasm:

Given Hammer's age, he'll be 32 when his current deal ends, I'm surprised that he accepted term of only 2 years. Figured it would have been 4 years minimum. Good for AZ.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
He also said he felt bad about the offer sheet deal he signed in 2010 and didn't push the Hawks more.

But him signing an extension now is security because if he's hurt again like last season he wouldn't make 5 mil on the market when people would think hes physically done.
Hammers absolutely a warrior but as others stated before, he pretty broken down now and was already slipping his last year in chicago. Good for him though. He just plays the game the right away

Reactions: kanucks25

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad