Pre-Game Talk: Yotes again

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingKhron

Sep 8, 2008
It's crazy that Bodog has Phoenix at +170 considering their ridiculous streak against us. If I didn't have a rule against betting against the Oil because it ruins my joy.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Seriously salty GDT over on the Phoenix boards. They did not take kindly to the talk in our last thread and say some pretty brutal things. I like how they take great offense to our saying that there aren't many fans but their pre game talk, GDT and PGT amount a total of 9 pages.

I have a house in phx go to games all the time when I'm down there, even when they aren't playing the Oilers. Most of the time of the rink is half full and half the people there are snowbirds from Canada. When they do play the Oilers it's half Oilers fans. They have to play that stupid coyote howl every time they score just to cover up the deafening silence.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
Seriously salty GDT over on the Phoenix boards. They did not take kindly to the talk in our last thread and say some pretty brutal things. I like how they take great offense to our saying that there aren't many fans but their pre game talk, GDT and PGT amount a total of 9 pages.

its a fact.

People hate facts

This is a statement game. The statement being...beat this POS team or retire you wimps and go try ballet.

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!

I'd say the majority of the local posters were at the game, being a home game and all.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015

All of their fans have now posted on there, so it should die down soon.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint

Their GDT is ****ing pathetic. Cocky, and arrogant, and insulting, in 29th place. Relocation would look good on them.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
I predict Benning checks Domi over the boards and he goes head over heels into Doan. Domi's skate hits Doan in the face cutting his sideburns off. Then Doan reacts by backing up into Tippett who gets pressed up against the glass. Farting on contact, Tippett loses the respect of his players and the let in 4 straight goals.

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
Oilers hockey at 9pm for me, doesn't happen very often. McD will be on fire, hoping for 2 pts.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
"He's getting chirped all the way back from the Arizona bench" - Coyotes broadcasters after he misses, showing McDavid looking over at the opposing bench as he skates past. That's what I saw and what I'm going on there. 3:00.35 on the gamecenter broadcast.

(I don't watch Quinn and Remenda if I can help it, the opposing feeds are actually twice as fair to the Oilers and are often even *more* excited when the Oilers score. It's pathetic.)

I'll take your word jimmy....don't get game center so..thanks for that.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
I'm no Coyote fan.....very very VERY far from it. But I don't know about ragging on their fans and their team's place in the NHL (what are they? 29th or 30th). Considering out last 10 years in hockey purgatory, I wouldn't consider it our place to say anything about them at this point.

Just my opinion, it's the way I think....just saying.

Beat the dogs to the ground OIlers.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
I'm no Coyote fan.....very very VERY far from it. But I don't know about ragging on their fans and their team's place in the NHL (what are they? 29th or 30th). Considering out last 10 years in hockey purgatory, I wouldn't consider it our place to say anything about them at this point.

Just my opinion, it's the way I think....just saying.

oh how zen dorian.

people had every right to make fun of our org. and i stated so when we had junior team rosters.

The yotes are an AHL. We were a junior team

call a spade a spade

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
My opinion of th yotes is thus;

I have a disrespect for trap heavy teams. Seems like a copout. One I wish the oilers would use at times, but they dont...so it's just a boring strategy to milk wins used by desparate franchises. It's not a bad strategy, it's just the lowest most unskilled and desparate strategy.

Doan is a dirtbag for throwing Winnipeg under the bus during their relocation bid.

Doan is a dirtbag in general.

The team milked their own potential to get money from the league and their own tax payers and then sewered and now they're doing it again.

It's a desert.

Etc.

KingKhron

Sep 8, 2008
I've visited there often enough because my gf's family are snowbirds there but they have to late and leave early because the temperature become unbearable. It's just another city that shouldn't exist in the states. Piping in water to these desert cities that couldn't grow a thing likely ends some day in the not too distant future.

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
My opinion of th yotes is thus;

I have a disrespect for trap heavy teams. Seems like a copout. One I wish the oilers would use at times, but they dont...so it's just a boring strategy to milk wins used by desparate franchises. It's not a bad strategy, it's just the lowest most unskilled and desparate strategy.

Doan is a dirtbag for throwing Winnipeg under the bus during their relocation bid.

Doan is a dirtbag in general.

The team milked their own potential to get money from the league and their own tax payers and then sewered and now they're doing it again.

It's a desert.

Etc.

Have you ever been to Arizona? We have so many different climates then "it's a desert." I've lived in northern Arizona for the past 5 years. Lots of snowfall. Just do a little research first is all I ask.

KingKhron

Sep 8, 2008
At least the fans are doing their part on both teams to create a rivalry, now let's absolutely spank them, so they can feel the pain coming for the next decade.

Lord Quas

The unseen
Aug 9, 2006
"He's getting chirped all the way back from the Arizona bench" - Coyotes broadcasters after he misses, showing McDavid looking over at the opposing bench as he skates past. That's what I saw and what I'm going on there. 3:00.35 on the gamecenter broadcast.

(I don't watch Quinn and Remenda if I can help it, the opposing feeds are actually twice as fair to the Oilers and are often even *more* excited when the Oilers score. It's pathetic.)

Yeah, that's where I heard it, from the Coyotes broadcasters ... but after the lose, I was out ... too frustrated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad