28/San Jose Sharks - Adam Berti RW
29/Tampa Bay Lightning - Devan Dubnyk G
30/Washington Capitals - Adam Pineault RW

Last edited:
Reactions: MasterMatt25

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
A couple of very bold predictions...

Valabik going top 15 is quite bold, and having Tukonen outside of the top 10 is something you're not seeing much in these mocks anymore.

Interesting effort, I can't say I agree, but I will take a look at some of these guys you have rated significantly higher than I anticipated.

thestonedkoala

Chicago doesn't need defensemen
Wolski over Olesz? That's bold
Carolina needs another goalie?
Minnesota now needs a winger with Burns moving to defense
Hedman? Never heard of him...Valabik could fit well here, Chara PT II, this time they don't trade him

That's all I can see now...

Damien

Jul 26, 2002
Calgary, Alberta
Visit site
TomACE said:
Ehhmmmmmmmm...Where's Mike Green?
Mike Green I totally forgot about and am too lazy to redo it to add him :P, but if I did put him back in it would be in Hedman's spot and then bump all the other D's down to the next team that takes one leaving Lepisto out of the 1st round.

Last edited:

Damien

Jul 26, 2002
Calgary, Alberta
Visit site
thestonedkoala said:
Chicago doesn't need defensemen
Wolski over Olesz? That's bold
Carolina needs another goalie?
Minnesota now needs a winger with Burns moving to defense
Hedman? Never heard of him...Valabik could fit well here, Chara PT II, this time they don't trade him

That's all I can see now...
Your right Chicago doesn't NEED defenseman but adding Barker to Babchuk, Seabrook and Barinka would shape a VERY nice future defense, chances are one or more of those guys will not pan out and Barker is a stud, but if they all do pan out watch out for that D in the future....not to mention the best player available theory.
Wolski over Olesz because I think the Phaneuf hit causing the really bad concussion for Olesz which he still has not recovered from (or so I hear) might drop him a bit.
Carolina drafting Schwarz is because I am really high on the guy and think he will turn out to be significantly better than Cam Ward, Robb Zepp or Patrick DesRochers.
Valabik is my shot in the dark, I think Minny might go for another D because who knows if Burns will stick at D or move back to forward, and after Burns and Schultz they dont really have that much left in the pipeline, I also think Valabik might be grabbed because of his size, like you said Chara part deux.

Damien

Jul 26, 2002
Calgary, Alberta
Visit site
Mountie said:
A couple of very bold predictions...

Valabik going top 15 is quite bold, and having Tukonen outside of the top 10 is something you're not seeing much in these mocks anymore.

Interesting effort, I can't say I agree, but I will take a look at some of these guys you have rated significantly higher than I anticipated.
Tukonen dropping really is just a gut feeling I have.

thestonedkoala

Damien said:
Your right Chicago doesn't NEED defenseman but adding Barker to Babchuk, Seabrook and Barinka would shape a VERY nice future defense, chances are one or more of those guys will not pan out and Barker is a stud, but if they all do pan out watch out for that D in the future....not to mention the best player available theory.
Wolski over Olesz because I think the Phaneuf hit causing the really bad concussion for Olesz which he still has not recovered from (or so I hear) might drop him a bit.
Carolina drafting Schwarz is because I am really high on the guy and think he will turn out to be significantly better than Cam Ward, Robb Zepp or Patrick DesRochers.
Valabik is my shot in the dark, I think Minny might go for another D because who knows if Burns will stick at D or move back to forward, and after Burns and Schultz they dont really have that much left in the pipeline, I also think Valabik might be grabbed because of his size, like you said Chara part deux.

Chicago needs more offense now than defense, with guys like Olesz, Schremp, Ladd, Stafford, I don't think it's out of the possibility they are looking for more offense to compliment Ruutu, Daze, Calder and the likes. They might also be looking for insurance just incase Daze or Calder get injured again.

If Olesz is over with his concussion, it could be another Kats injury type of deal. Concussion do snowball yes, but for the moment Olesz ceiling it tantilizing and for a team that needs offense I wouldn't think twice about drafting Olesz.

Carolina needs more than a goalie. They will grab Thelen, Valabik, Green, Tukonen, ANYONE on defense. They need defensemen. Williams, Vrbata, Cole, and Staal are there but they need a good defenseman. With the goalie market saturated, I believe they would rather go out and pick up a goalie for a third or so, and draft a defenseman they need.

I would agree that Minnesota NEEDED a defenseman but they thrive on waiver wire projects and mystery guys like Misharin. But with Burns most likely sticking to the blueline (see Lemaire's comments)and the youth and the avalibility of projects, the Wild still need a good fast winger to compliment their seven or so guys they have up front and they need a guy with a scoring punch. We aren't bad on defense, with Misharin (ceiling is a pesky top 4), Bolduc (project ceiling is a big top 4), Reitz (depth defenseman), Heid (depth defenseman) and Schultz, Michalek, and Burns still 22 or younger, the Wild aren't bad on defense. You also look at our goalies and you know who had the best SV% this year? Well Kipper is one and Roloson is the other.

hunter orange

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
As an Oil fan, I'd be extremely pleased with a Picard/Sindel first-round duo. We need goal scorers and both of these picks have that potential.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Damien said:
Carolina drafting Schwarz is because I am really high on the guy and think he will turn out to be significantly better than Cam Ward,
QUOTE]
I don't... Wardo looks to be the real deal. Look for Thelen or Tukonen to end be staying in Raleigh after the draft.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
IFK said:
...And that is Canadian homer feeling. Lauri Tukonen is top10 easily and i think he could go top5.

Don't count on it. Ovechkin, Malkin, and Olesz will likely go top 3, then Barker to CBS, and PHX might take a swign at Schremp or Wolski. But yeah, I can see him going top 10.

bigeasy

Mar 18, 2003
Yankee in South Ga.
Visit site
caps taking forwards?

first off nice job alot of work

as far as the caps go:
i hope the first one is right(hope gmgm doesn't do anything crazy)

but would question caps taking 2 more forwards. they need defensive depth and if Kirill Lyamin is still on the board with the 30th pick(and maybe even the 27th) i hope they would take him. i think he has value as a player and as a need

i understand and agree w/ the bpa theory but imo (from what i have read) lyamin would have value here and fits organizations needs

billsandsabres

lurking
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
troy, ny
Mountie said:
Valabik going top 15 is quite bold

several people on the sabres board are pining for buffalo to take valabik and his ravenous ferocity at 13
i like wes o'neill at 13 as well, but would certainly not be disappointed with valabik

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
Coyotes couldn't pass on both Ladd and Olesz, especially not for Schremp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad