Injury Report: Yamamoto and McLeod to IR; Benson and Hamblin recalled

Barrsy

May 14, 2017
Hamblin will stick if he plays confidently. Good skillset with solid defensive play. All the peewee boys will be on the big squad together.

Skinner-Benson-Hamblin congratulations, pretty remarkable.
Would be nice but I really doubt hes an NHL'r. Same as Benson. Just not good enough.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
My shot is that Hamblin outplays Benson.
Remember before last season, when people penciled in Benson beside Draisaitl. Beecause he had to breakout.

OilynutEsquire

Sep 24, 2021
Would be nice but I really doubt hes an NHL'r. Same as Benson. Just not good enough.

I doubt you've watched him enough to make that claim. His stats up to this point are NHL quality. His skills/work ethic can translate into the NHL. All we need to see is if he has the confidence to make the plays he needs to make.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
McCloud and Foegle both didn’t skate yesterday according to media. And we saw that Foegle was nicked in the NYR game and then McCloud goes to IR. I would have expected Foegle. I hope it’s not another Yamamoto type injury.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Kinda a bit miffed Xborg hasn't put a strong showing in the A, but I guess the jump from Q to pro's is pretty immense.

Not holding my hopes up Hamblin does much.

We already have a struggling smurf who doesn't have any kind of exceptional skill. Hamblin just seems like another small underskilled player in a long line of small and underskilled players.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Kinda a bit miffed Xborg hasn't put a strong showing in the A, but I guess the jump from Q to pro's is pretty immense.

Not holding my hopes up Hamblin does much.

We already have a struggling smurf who doesn't have any kind of exceptional skill. Hamblin just seems like another small underskilled player in a long line of small and underskilled players.

It's team-wide.

I wouldn't worry about a player like Bourgault putting up 8 points in 16 games when that's second for forwards on the team.

If he was struggling while the rest of the team was lights out, I would be miffed.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Hamblin looked pretty good in camp, but its going to be hard to replace mcleods points.
Kot, I’m not sure whether to laugh, raise an eyebrow or be thankful that McCloud at least has 8 points, given what the rest of the bottom 6 have done this season. Let’s hope Hamblin catches lightning in a bottle, or at least a small spark.

Reactions: Mr Kot

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
I Hope for the best, but past performance of our drafting/development tells me to expect little to nothing. They don't have a single player drafted after McDavid that you could say is having even a mediocre season. Every single one of them has been having a disappointing season.

1. Jesse
2. Yamamoto
3. Mcleod
4. Bouchard
5. Broberg
6. Niemelainen

That's 6 players they drafted and developed and the best I can say of any of them this year is.. mmm meh.

I didn't think I'd be feeling this way 2 months ago. I was excited. I didn't think they'd all have good or great seasons. But I didn't think they'd all to a player shit the bed either.

Reactions: frag2 and Biltmore

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3