GDT: Yaks Slash MS (Sunday, April 30th 1:00p-6:00p)

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Once again we are doing a charity event. This one is slightly less refined than previous incarnations.

We are raising money to donate to the Multiple Sclerosis society as a member of one of our constituent teams has a wife that struggles with the disease.

Same pertinent details as in prior years. A low game at 1:00 PM that consists of 3 20 minute periods and a high game following that. In between the second and third periods in each game, the Ann Arbor Hockettes (figure skating team) will come out and do an exhibition prior to the ice being cut.

2121 Oak Valley Dr, Ann Arbor, MI 48103

If you are in the area, attendance is always welcome. We will have the basics of a hockey charity event, silent auction for various donated items (headliner: Matthew Stafford signed helmet), chuck-a-puck for a prize, and a raffle drawing for other donated items. All proceeds go to the MS Society!

If you're in the area, would love to see you come out. This year, I will also be wearing my go-pro and will test it beforehand to ensure the best functionality. I've promised video for previous games but always overestimated the range of the bluetooth remote so it never picked anything up.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012
Yes it is. We are an adult league team that has a charity organization that has grown out of it due to the efforts of some of the players and their wives. The low game (1pm) will be mid range to newbie skaters. The high game is mid range to B level (so high level adult league but not like former collegiates or anything)

Beltv

Apr 13, 2017
Yes it is. We are an adult league team that has a charity organization that has grown out of it due to the efforts of some of the players and their wives. The low game (1pm) will be mid range to newbie skaters. The high game is mid range to B level (so high level adult league but not like former collegiates or anything)

That's awesome. I've heard of you guys from mumblings from playing with different people in various rinks.

Hope it's a good turnout, unfortunately I'll be out of town this weekend.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012
The good: we raised over $8,000 to donate to the MS society.

The bad: my team lost 8-1. Our draft went very very poorly and we were ludicrously outgunned.

The okay: I have go-pro video that I will be editing and uploading probably tomorrow for the first two periods. (I had it on the boards behind me and i couldn't exactly replace the battery during the game.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012
The good: we raised over $8,000 to donate to the MS society.

The bad: my team lost 8-1. Our draft went very very poorly and we were ludicrously outgunned.

The okay: I have go-pro video that I will be editing and uploading probably tomorrow for the first two periods. (I had it on the boards behind me and i couldn't exactly replace the battery during the game.

Think Red Wings-Coyotes in December when they didn't have a shot until about five minutes to go in the first period kind of ineptitude for my team.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Love the uniforms. Wish I would have clicked on this sooner I could have come buy especially if someone would play some post game air hockey

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012
Love the uniforms. Wish I would have clicked on this sooner I could have come buy especially if someone would play some post game air hockey

I was kind of pissed because this game happened the night after the lottery... and we had to wear Flyers colors.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad