GDT: XXXIII | "Predictable Outcome...?" | Oilers vs. Wild | 12.16.17 | Noon | SNW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
1-0 loss incoming

This is my worst fear!! Wild and the Sens are 100% the most boring teams in the league. If they get the lead the Oilers are screwed cause they will LOCK IT DOWN.

Got some leftover Chinese food and am excited to chill and watch some hockey, just not sure the hockey will be exciting. :(

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Now everyone plays back ups against us lol

What have we done to earn any respect?

We're so lol worthy right now. So frustrating considering the decade of darkness was supposed to be behind us.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Was up all night barfing with the flu.
Don't make me barf today Oilers!

My condolences and I can relate. I was like that for a couple of the games this season.

Anybody know what the situation is with Slepy, why would he sit today as per the OP? I don't know the team would ever waive him or should. With Slepy this has to be a hit, and not a miss for the club. We need him being in the lineup, we even need him playing with Draisaitl who he complements.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
****ing clown show right now.
I used to look for your posts as a beacon of positivity. Look what longterm exposure to the Oilers does. Its a damn shame. ;)

I take no responsibility for any modeling that got you to this, um present, condition.

Although know in advance I haven't found any cure.

Reactions: snipes

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I used to look for your posts as a beacon of positivity. Look what longterm exposure to the Oilers does. Its a damn shame. ;)

I take no responsibility for any modeling that got you to this, um present, condition.

Although know in advance I haven't found any cure.

I've been an Oilers fan my whole life. This is disappointing because the team clearly has the talent and ability to be better. The effort level is there most nights, but something is just off.

I still think we have the talent and ability to play with anyone in this league (when healthy), it's the coaching that's really frustrating me.

We've tasted success, with that comes expectations now.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Afternoon game against Minny and a backup? Maybe I should just save myself some pain and not watch

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Afternoon game against Minny and a backup? Maybe I should just save myself some pain and not watch

I know the back up thing is funny, and maybe even an operative thing by now but on what planet does it make sense not to play the goalie that probably has a chip on his shoulder about his past club? This would be like Boston not playing Andy Moog against us or something like that. (Not that it worked, that was never going to work..)

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
When the Oilers can't beat a team - they certainly can't beat a team. This is another team with their number.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I'm having real issues summoning up enough care to watch this.

It's one thing to be mad at the Oilers, but apathy is starting to set in.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Great start - cant' score on backup - team gets deflated - gives up - the end.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
What have we done to earn any respect?

We're so lol worthy right now. So frustrating considering the decade of darkness was supposed to be behind us.
it's not a respect thing imo, it's a "this team sucks against backups for some reason" thing. And most teams are looking for games to put back ups in if they can get away with it, rather than overwork their starters.

I don't think that our setbacks this seasons are a return of the dark days either. Sometimes good teams have rough stretches, because parity runs this league. We at least have talent now.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Great start - cant' score on backup - team gets deflated - gives up - the end.

For a moment there I thought I nodded off and the first period was over. Wasn't sure if that was a prediction or synopsis or if theres any diff at this point.

Oh well, trudges off to watch the game, crosses fingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad