GDT: XL | "Fan Appreciation... Take 2" | Battle of Alberta | 4.13.13 | 8:00PM | HNIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005

extralarge.png
extralarge.png

(16-17-7) --vs-- (15-21-4)

103_final.jpg

[fieldset=GAME DAY INFORMATION]Game Day: Saturday April 13th 2013
Game Time: 8:00PM MT
Radio: 630 Ched.
TV: SNET
Streamed:
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=LAST ENCOUNTERS]

[/fieldset]

[Fieldset=OILERS PROJECTED LINEUP]

extralarge.png

Taylor Hall - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Jordan Eberle
Magnus Paajarvi - Sam Gagner - Nail Yakupov
Lenu Petrell - Shawn Horcoff - Ryan Jones
Ryan Smyth - Jarred Smithson - Mike Brown

Ladislav Smid - Jeff Petry
Nick Schultz - Justin Schultz
Ryan Whitney - Mark Fistric

Nikolai Khabibulin
Devan Dubnyk
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=FLAMES PROJECTED LINEUP]

extralarge.png

Sven Baertschi - Mikael Backlund - Mike Cammalleri
Alex Tanguay - Roman Cervenka - Lee Stempniak
Curtis Glencross - Max Reinhart - Roman Horak
Tim Jackman - Blair Jones - Chris McGrattan

TJ Brodie - Mark Giordano
Chris Butler - Dennis Wideman
Cory Sarich - Carson

Miikka Kiprusoff
Joey Macdonald
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=SOLI'S SHORTSIDE]

- Projected Lineups. Hemsky is out (foot). Iginla is out (Penguins), Bouwmeester is out (Blues).

- The Oilers tonight can close out the season series of the Battle of Alberta with a 3-1 advantage. This is a game where we need to rediscover our offensive side and try to bottle it for the final bunch of games.

- Relevant encounters today: Philly (37pts) vs. Buffalo (38pts); Tampa (36pts) vs. Washington
[/fieldset]

Last edited:

NAF

Beauty Fakes
Sep 30, 2010
I'm guessing a 2-1 sleeper. Don't even care who wins at this point.

Six in O6

Feb 24, 2009
Edmonton
If the "top" line show up, we win. No questioins asked. I hope it isn't too hard to get fired up for the BOA.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
WOW Fistric, Smithson, Brown and Petrel to be playing in the same game? Hope I can catch the last period and a half. Will be sure to rush home from work!

Connor McOilers

We have the precious
Feb 16, 2013
Come on guys, have to still be pumped to play the lames... And they just lost Tanguay, I want another blowout with multi point night for yak to really get him in the calder discussion.

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab
Interesting. He played last night too vs PHX. Writing is pretty much on the wall for Kipper then.

They were saying around the trade deadline (think it might have been Keenan) that talked to Kipper and he said he was very tired this year. He's that old plow horse that you used to till your farm for 15 years. Never gets a break, nobody to really take the load off his shoulders. I would almost think it's just as much mental fatigue as it is his body just not working like it used to.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
The Oil need this one in regulation to keep some distance between them and the Flames. If they put in another "not givin' a ****" performance, the Flames are suddenly 3 points back.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
I'll be at the game tonight and it's the Flames so I hope the Oilers win big. After that I'll be cheering for well played games that end in 1 goal losses in regulation for the rest of the season.

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
The effort in the game against Phoenix totally destroyed my confidence for this team.The game was so important,and so many players through out the game played like they didn't even care.

To me,the offseason can't come quick enough.

Last edited:

NedPlimpton

Mar 23, 2013
Near Fantastica
eh, you guys are crazy.

I'm looking forward to this game and I hope the dudes actually put in some effort tonight.

Playoffs are more or less out of reach, I know, but I still want a strong finish to the season, and beating the flames always feels good.

Oilception

Oct 11, 2012
St. Albert
7-1 Oilers :naughty:

(Hall x2, Yakupov x2, Paajarvi, Whitney, Eberle)

all i have been doing lately is studying and writing Final exams. Could use a nice exciting game for a break before im back at it tomorrow. :help:

nitz

Jul 27, 2009
I think it'll be really entertaining or really boring.

Luckily, Toronto-Montreal is also on tonight.

oilers2k10

Yak Don't Back Down
Mar 18, 2010
Flames are gonna come out hard because they wanna get back at Oilers but I think in the end Oil Swagger will just take over.

6-1 Oilers
Yak gets 4 goals, Eberle gets into a duke'em nukem match rock n roll style.

Turrican*

This may be out final win of te season.
I'll be watching. Never shy away from watching the flamers get embarrassed.

Comrade Blunderbore

Генерал Файлюра
Mar 30, 2010
КПЗ
what does the 'coilers' nickname Flames fans call Oilers mean? i don't understand it. i assume that has to stand for something unpleasant, but what exactly?

ales83fan

Jul 13, 2007
such a waste of everyone's time.

other than hall and a small group of others, not even the players care about how these games turn out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad