Not open for further replies.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton

extralarge.png
extralarge.png

(7-2-1) --vs-- (7-3-0)

Tonight! The Oilers face off against Heidenreich Lungfish and the other New Yorkian's of the Ranger variety. In order to get their recently slumping offense back into gear, they will need to channel the power of Naked Gogo Jason Staham - the only known perpetual motion machine.​

GrotesqueNauticalCaracal.gif
GrotesqueNauticalCaracal.gif

[fieldset=GAME DAY INFORMATION]Game Day: November 3rd, 2016
Game Time: 5PM MDT
Radio: 630 Ched.
TV: Sportsnet 360, MSG (in the New York region).
Streamed: Sportsnet Now, Rogers Gamecenter Live
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Last Game: Rangers 4, Edmonton 2 - 12.15.2015]

Despite having such a high-quality defense core that featured a Nikitin-Schultz second pairing, the Oilers fell in a competitive game. In that game, recent Waiver-man Dylan McIlrath scored his first NHL goal. Because of course he did.​

[/fieldset]

[Fieldset=OILERS PROJECTED LINEUP]

extralarge.png

Lucic - McDavid - Eberle
Pouliot - Nugent-Hopkins - Kassian
Maroon - Draisaitl - Puljujarvi
Lander - Letestu - Pitlick

Klefbom - Larsson
Sekera - Russell
Nurse - Benning

Cam "DadBot" Talbot

*line-up subject to change
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=RANGERS PROJECTED LINEUP]

extralarge.png

Krieder - Zibanejad - Zuccarello
Vesey - Stepan - Nash
Grabner - Hayes - Miller
Buchnevich - Pirri - Fast

McDonagh - Girardi
Staal - Holden
Skeji - Klein

Heidenreich Lungfish IV

*Line-up subject to boredom

[/fieldset]

[fieldset=NEWS AND NOTES]

Ryan McDonagh bonks head

[/fieldset]

animated-number-image-0202.gif

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Love the title! I don't think that I've ever seen a Roman numeral alone as the title!

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Rags have been really good this year. And they are coached by one of the best in Vigneault. Lots of Rangers players seem to be hot right now too, Vesy, Zuccarello, Kreider, McDonagh.

On the flip side, I think McDavid will be out to prove something and break his pointless streak. And Talbot is hot right now for us, and will be looking to make a statement against his former team.

All things considered, guessing we'll lose :(

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
Rags have been really good this year. And they are coached by one of the best in Vigneault. Lots of Rangers players seem to be hot right now too, Vesy, Zuccarello, Kreider, McDonagh.

On the flip side, I think McDavid will be out to prove something and break his pointless streak. And Talbot is hot right now for us, and will be looking to make a statement against his former team.

All things considered, guessing we'll lose :(

I've got a good feeling about this one. The leafs game was a trap game, they were do a win, especially with the way they played Montreal and Chicago and came up short. Likewise, our offensive is due for a break out game. I sincerely feel like we can win against anyone this year. Should be fun:popcorn:

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Its the birthday game for me. (Nov 4)

Last year, got to go to Philly v Edmonton.

Funny. Cant remember what happened that game.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Rangers getting scoring from everyone 4 solid lines,best team Oilers face so far this season it will be a tough win.

Crobby

Sep 14, 2009
This will be a tough game. Rangers have 4 lines rolling and we will need some secondary scoring to compete. Aka anyone other than McDavid.

Nuge, Drai, Eberle are due. Also, our defense needs to pot one here. Klef, Larsson, Sekera? Someone please.

And is it too much to ask we get a few PP goals? :D

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I might shield my eyes from this game. It could be ugly. Can't beat the Leafs or the Sens... How are we supposed to beat an actual good team?

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Mclellan stubbornly sticks with the same lines. The powerplay personnel and setup remains the same and continues to blow chunks. Talbot stands on his head. Oilers lose 3-1

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
I might shield my eyes from this game. It could be ugly. Can't beat the Leafs or the Sens... How are we supposed to beat an actual good team?

thats the weird thing, we beat all the good teams and lose to the scrubs (except van and cgy lol)

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton

Seriously?

Same way we beat Washington and St Louis but lost to Buffalo. Are you under the delusion the better team always wins the game?

thats the weird thing, we beat all the good teams and lose to the scrubs (except van and cgy lol)

And Carolina, and Winnipeg and....

There's no pattern emerging. Not yet anyway.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Seriously?

Same way we beat Washington and St Louis but lost to Buffalo. Are you under the delusion the better team always wins the game?

I'm under the delusion that the Rangers are a really good team and probably the best one we've faced so far and we're not at home. The Rangers just tossed aside the Lightning and Blues without breaking a sweat.

Yeah go figure, but I don't like the looks of this game one bit.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
I'm under the delusion that the Rangers are a really good team and probably the best one we've faced so far and we're not at home. The Rangers just tossed aside the Lightning and Blues without breaking a sweat.

Yeah, and do you know who they lost to? The Hurricanes.

"You can't beat X, how can you beat Y" doesn't work in the NHL. At least not when you're singling out three games.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Going to the game tonight (first live viewing of McDavid :hyper:) so that likely means a loss :(.
I've seen the Oilers in person 3 other times including the Rangers game last season (the beginning of their demise) and yep, 0-3, so you know who to blame if they lose tonight.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Yeah, and do you know who they lost to? The Hurricanes.

"You can't beat X, how can you beat Y" doesn't work in the NHL. At least not when you're singling out three games.

Yeah and the Hurricanes weren't too far from beating us too.

The thing that bothers me is that the Oilers struggled to score against two really defensively awful clubs and the Rangers aren't likely to give up 35+ shots.

Oh and there's the fact they're averaging 4 goals a game.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Urban dictionary was needed for context in my case for this one:

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Is an emoticon created with unicode character symbols. Mostly used to spam forums and imageboards to suggest something sexual.

My daughter laughed that I had to search that up.

****ing kids these days

:laugh:

Kerricthebig

Jovial Imbecile
Nov 9, 2011
Yeah and the Hurricanes weren't too far from beating us too.

The thing that bothers me is that the Oilers struggled to score against two really defensively awful clubs and the Rangers aren't likely to give up 35+ shots.

Oh and there's the fact they're averaging 4 goals a game.

So we're gonna score 5?:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad