Xbox Series X

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
For non-first party games, wolfenstein 2 and doom 2016 are pretty close to a locked 4k 60 fps

Red Dead 2 also runs at 4k30fps with no dynamic resolution I believe, pretty impressive considering how bad it runs on PCs.

I dont own one but it definitely a hell of a deal at 499 (450 CAD with a bundle in canada, not a bad deal) considering.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Assuming neither of the PS5 or XBSex are exorbitantly priced
Not sure where I remember reading this, but it said somewhere that the PS5 will cost $499.99. Of course that might be the lower model, where the more hard-drive space will be $599.99. Perhaps this half of a decade of new consoles will keep the price down? :dunno:

Also, is it me or does that Xbox Sex controller look similar to the elite? MS would never put the elite controller as the standardised controller for their console, yes?

Last edited:

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Not sure where I remember reading this, but it said somewhere that the PS5 will cost $499.99. Of course that might be the lower model, where the more hard-drive space will be $599.99. Perhaps this half of a decade of new consoles will keep the price down? :dunno:

Also, is it me or does that Xbox Sex controller look similar to the elite? MS would never put the elite controller as the standardised controller for their console, yes?

only the D pad is similar to the Elite. The best thing about the Elite is the weight, grips and then paddles. The amount of customization with the 2 is insane. The 2 also has a built-in battery pack with charging dock.

Last edited:

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
The Elite controllers have both been confirmed to be forwards-compatible with the new console. You just wont have the easy share button...

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
The Elite controllers have both been confirmed to be forwards-compatible with the new console. You just wont have the easy share button...

My Elite controller is somehow less durable than the normal controllers, which are not very durable. Love the design and everything, but man. For reference, I’ve had my PS4 since launch and have the original controller.

I’m buying this Day 1. The One X is sooooo nice and this looks even better. I hope there’s some better exclusives this generation.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
My Elite controller is somehow less durable than the normal controllers, which are not very durable. Love the design and everything, but man. For reference, I’ve had my PS4 since launch and have the original controller.

I’m buying this Day 1. The One X is sooooo nice and this looks even better. I hope there’s some better exclusives this generation.

Ah, that sucks. I've been lucky. The only mark against my Xbox Elite controller is that the rubber grips started peeling off.... like a month before my Xbox Elite 2 pre-order came in...and I bought the controller the first day it was available. So I've been more than happy with Microsoft's high-end peripherals thus far.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Ah, that sucks. I've been lucky. The only mark against my Xbox Elite controller is that the rubber grips started peeling off.... like a month before my Xbox Elite 2 pre-order came in...and I bought the controller the first day it was available. So I've been more than happy with Microsoft's high-end peripherals thus far.

Is the rubber grips coming off inevitable?

My first one was a gift from my friends. They bought it pre-owned, and after about 7 months the grips were peeled off so bad (plus some other problems). I gave it the benefit of the doubt since it was a pre-owned hardware piece. After a few months into the replacement (that Microsoft was kind enough to do for me), I had a ton of connection issues and it started peeling off again. I got it replaced once again, but I haven't used it yet as I'm waiting for new joysticks to come in the mail.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Is the rubber grips coming off inevitable?

My first one was a gift from my friends. They bought it pre-owned, and after about 7 months the grips were peeled off so bad (plus some other problems). I gave it the benefit of the doubt since it was a pre-owned hardware piece. After a few months into the replacement (that Microsoft was kind enough to do for me), I had a ton of connection issues and it started peeling off again. I got it replaced once again, but I haven't used it yet as I'm waiting for new joysticks to come in the mail.

I think it might be on the original Xbox Elite, though I played pretty intensively (both in terms of hours and grip, lol) and it took like 2 years for it to start peeling off. Given how much use I got out of it, it was worth the price to me. By comparison, I went through 2 Dualshock4s in the same amount of time (the batteries just stopped charging in both).

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
The Elite 2 def changed the grips probably due to them coming off, it happened to me once. I think the 2 is a bit more slippery in your hand which is annoying. I do enjoy the ability to adjust the tension on the sticks as mine always started to come loose after alot of use.

Read some more on the Series X as it may be capable of 120 FPS at 4k and possibly 8k but unlikely to do the FPS and resolution at the same time.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
_3039963_650x.jpg

_3039973_650x.jpg

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
They said it's a little more powerful than the 1x, no disc drive so I imagine it should be smaller but who knows. I also saw a mock-up where it was the same exact size but white.
No disc drive? So how does backwards compatibility work with physical copies of games?

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
No disc drive? So how does backwards compatibility work with physical copies of games?

maybe they will have a workaround where you enter a code and it prompts the digital download, at this point all of your previous games should be on your account so I think they would transfer. This issue would only apply to someone who has not had any Xbox since the 360.

I have not bought a physical copy since 2012 or something. Either way if you were going with the Lockhart from the One I would download all your disc games prior.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad