Xbox acquires Activision Blizzard

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I never said this wouldn’t go through. Always said I was 50/50 on it and I was correct. It’s been almost 2 full years since the deal was initiated and there’s been a ton of hurdles. The fox-Disney deal got approved in 6 months. The deal likely won’t be closed for another 2 years.
Considering how the FTC has been losing in courts, nah.

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
I never said this wouldn’t go through. Always said I was 50/50 on it and I was correct. It’s been almost 2 full years since the deal was initiated and there’s been a ton of hurdles. The fox-Disney deal got approved in 6 months. The deal likely won’t be closed for another 2 years.
Oh you’re good lol, I know what your stance has been on it.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Extension expires in mid-October. At that point we will get a firm resolution, the likely one being MS closes over the FTC before the drop dead date. Activision isn't going to stay in limbo for another 2 years.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
After playing the MW3 open beta I am ready to personally beg Phil Spencer for a collection of the old COD games. Even with the old maps it just isn't the same

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
They'll be on Game Pass maybe at the end of the year earliest, next year latest?
The old CODs are mostly dead and ruined by hackers on PC, I'd like to see updated versions that are fixed and include cross play (and maybe some MCC-like features such as cross game playlists). Not sure how likely that is but Activision certainly has the manpower to do it.
Call of Duty 4 Remastered Remaster
On second thought, maybe I don't want that now that you've reminded me of COD4 remastered lol. What a mess

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
The old CODs are mostly dead and ruined by hackers on PC, I'd like to see updated versions that are fixed and include cross play (and maybe some MCC-like features such as cross game playlists). Not sure how likely that is but Activision certainly has the manpower to do it.

On second thought, maybe I don't want that now that you've reminded me of COD4 remastered lol. What a mess
Microsoft fixed the servers on older CoDs and they became the most played games on the platform a while ago.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

Under the terms of a ground-breaking, legally-binding labor neutrality agreement, Microsoft will remain neutral when Activision Blizzard employees express interest in joining a union, providing a clear path to collective bargaining for almost 10,000 workers.

In case anyone was wondering why ABK employees were cheering for the deal to be completed.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Okay? None of that changes what I said. Blizzard isn't making any more RTS titles. All of their RTS devs left. They have no job postings for RTS titles or the Starcraft universe. Their only "strategy" title is Warcraft Rumble. You're putting way too much faith in an out-of-context quote taken amid a 25th anniversary celebration for Microsoft's Age of Empires title, which naturally led to questions about the RTS titles in their newly acquired company.

If you want a new RTS game, it's pretty much just a holding pattern until Frost Giant releases Stormgate. But given that they aren't an XBox property, you won't care.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Okay? None of that changes what I said. Blizzard isn't making any more RTS titles. All of their RTS devs left. They have no job postings for RTS titles or the Starcraft universe. Their only "strategy" title is Warcraft Rumble. You're putting way too much faith in an out-of-context quote taken amid a 25th anniversary celebration for Microsoft's Age of Empires title, which naturally led to questions about the RTS titles in their newly acquired company.

If you want a new RTS game, it's pretty much just a holding pattern until Frost Giant releases Stormgate. But given that they aren't an XBox property, you won't care.
I don't even care about RTS games. The only one I've played was the first Halo Wars.

• Haha
Reactions: Hivemind

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Whenever EA or whoever it was that bought Bioware, the CEO said he loved all of their games especially Jade Empire and was excited about the IP and...nothing happened. Not saying a Starcraft won't get made, just pointing out that head guys talk like this when they acquire smaller studios.

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
I wouldn't mind seeing them try something else with the StarCraft license. Like say an extraction shooter or something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad