OT: Xbox 360 - GM Connected - Thread #6 - Looking for GM's - The New League

dasboot

Jajajaja
Sep 12, 2010
Sorry I've been away for the long weekend and will check my team as soon as I am home tonight... What place am I in anyways? lol

You're 5th in the West, 6 points behind Colorado for the division lead and 8 points above 9th.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
CPU TRADE 1
-----------
Niklas Backstrom (C)- 85 overall, 4.5*.

FOR

Jonathan Huberdeau- 81 overall, 4.5*.

CPU TRADE 2
-----------
McBain-78, 4*
Stone- 73, 3.5*

FOR

Voynov-78, 4*
Gallagher-81, 3.5*
Approve the 1st trade.
Dont approve the 2nd trade.
To Toronto:
Conacher (79 ovr, 23 years old, 4 star gold, 1.3 mil contract)
2nd
3rd

To Coyotes:
Marchand (83 overall, 24 years old, 4 star gold, 4.4 mil contract)

I have an excess C, and not enough LW'ers so I traded honey badger for papa honey badger.

The picks are to make up the 4 overall difference right now

I'd only approve this trade if Toronto was out of a playoff spot.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
They are 5th in the league lol, so ill make a back up plan if I don't get 3 votes.

They do have Ladd and Malone as their 1 and 3 LW's, and Malone is 1 overall less than Marchand so he could replace Brad if the trade goes through.

At center they have Stepan at 84 ovr, and then Anisimov as their #2 at 81 overall. And they did covet Conacher if that makes any difference.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I tried trading Backlund but couldn't get a deal done.

AI trade:

:blues receive:
Jared Spurgeon(23, 4 stars, 77 overall)

:jets receive:
Mikael Backlund(23, 4 stars, 77 overall)

moz

Gute Post
Oct 30, 2006
Ottawa
My automatic approval does not apply to this, veto that ****:

Leafs for Life said:
CPU TRADE 2
-----------
McBain-78, 4*
Stone- 73, 3.5*

FOR

Voynov-78, 4*
Gallagher-81, 3.5*

moz

Gute Post
Oct 30, 2006
Ottawa
I tried trading Backlund but couldn't get a deal done.
That reminds me, you have to actually try making a deal with human GMs before jumping to a CPU trade. You either have to advertise the piece you want to trade ("I'm looking to move a top line C") or what you're looking for ("I want to add a 4 star prospect"). No big piece should be moved without having been brought up in the thread first.

Neither of those Leaf deals remotely conform to that standard, so I disapprove of both of them.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Looking to trade defenseman Keith Yandle. He is 83 overall, 26 years old, with 4.5 yellow stars.

I'd like a young winger in return (left or right, doesn't matter) and maybe a depth defenseman if you have one to spare.

If there are no good deals on the table for Yandle by tomorrow and we haven't simmed yet, I might ship him to a CPU team.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Looking to trade defenseman Keith Yandle. He is 83 overall, 26 years old, with 4.5 yellow stars.

I'd like a young winger in return (left or right, doesn't matter) and maybe a depth defenseman if you have one to spare.

If there are no good deals on the table for Yandle by tomorrow and we haven't simmed yet, I might ship him to a CPU team.

What is Yandle's contract?

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Scratch that first trade. I was looking for an NHL wing on the block, but every team was good that had one, so ill go the prospect route.

To Ott:
Conacher - 79 ovr, 23, 4 star gold
3rd

To Phx:
Noesen - 61 ovr, 20, 4 star gold
2nd

The picks are to make up the disparity in overall.

FYI - I've been advertising my centers since day one of the league.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
What is Yandle's contract?

$5.25M per year, 4 years left

He's a very good Dman, better than his overall indicates. It's just that his physical category brings his overall down:

4.5 star shooting
5 star puck skills
5 star senses
4.5 star skating
3 star physical
4 star defense

BUCKLE UP

MVPTP
Nov 30, 2009
Ottawa

Take a look at my team. Lots of 4*, young wingers + Clayton Stoner (75 overall depth D)

Leafs For Life*

For the first trade, Backstrom is better now but Huberdeau will catch up to him very quickly. They both usually peak at around 87-90. So I think it's fair.

McBain and Voynov are basically equal, and Stone usually becomes pretty good rather quickly. But on second though I agree, maybe a pick should be added to the trade.

Edit: This is Michael Stone, right? Not Mark?
Yep, that's what I was thinking also, and yes, Dman Michael Stone. I could add a 2nd+3rd I guess.
-----
I have posted before that McBain and my other top 6 C was avail, implying that Backstrom could go for a price and keep the other.

2nd trade improved
McBain+Stone+2nd+3rd for Voynov+Gallagher.

Last edited by a moderator:

Joider

Aug 13, 2012
Ottawa
Since its the trade deadline I was wondering if anyone wanted to trade. My only untouchable is Rask. I would like a couple left wing prospects because my team isn't doing that well and I'd like to rebuild.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Since its the trade deadline I was wondering if anyone wanted to trade. My only untouchable is Rask. I would like a couple left wing prospects because my team isn't doing that well and I'd like to rebuild.

You should probably mention specific players who you want to trade to generate more interest. Just a recommendation.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes

I could be interested depending on the players.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Benny when are we simming past the deadline? I'd like if we could wait until tomorrow night at the earliest.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Should be a big trade deadline so I can wait until tomorrow night. I'll sim to the playoffs very quickly though.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
I have Gonchar (83), Elias (82), and Regin (76) available for rent. All UFAs.

Gonch and Elias make around 7M each, while Regin makes pennies. Remember, pro-rated and such!

Just looking for scraps.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
CPU Trade proposal:

:rangers

D Keith Yandle (83, 26 years old, 4.5 yellow stars)

:cbj

LW Jaden Schwartz (79, 20 years old, 4 yellow stars)

The Rangers don't need Schwartz on LW as they already have Taylor Hall and Jeff Skinner playing ahead of him. They also only have one top four defenseman - the rest of their guys are top six dmen. So Yandle is a perfect fit. They are 11th in the East, but only three points back of eighth place and I think Yandle will help them get into the playoffs. I get a nice young forward to help me in the future as I don't care about making the playoffs.

I haven't sent the trade through yet, but I'm pretty sure they will accept it, as they want Yandle as he has more trade value than Schwartz.​

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad