X. General Stars Talk Marks the Spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrillMike

Feb 21, 2012
Dallas, TX
hQDt2uJ.png

Why am I just now seeing this? This is golden.

ginblossoms

Apr 1, 2002
Visit site
Given who he's up against he should make it past 3 rounds too.

Donovan and Dan are the only two Ticket guys I wouldn't vote over Ralph, lucky guy ;)

the ticket well-represented with 8 of 16 spots... gordo vs razor... a finals matchup in the sweet 16... i love me some razor, but think i'd go with gordo on this.

DaStars99

Purdue Alumnus
Feb 6, 2007
Dallas
I must be the only one who can't stand the ticket unless the Stars are on. Do not like really any of them outside of Bob. Only Ben & Skin (really you're going with Skin?) are more unlikeable than anything on the Ticket.

aloonda*

I must be the only one who can't stand the ticket unless the Stars are on. Do not like really any of them outside of Bob. Only Ben & Skin (really you're going with Skin?) are more unlikeable than anything on the Ticket.

I like the ticket when they are being silly, making fun of the cowpukes, and talking stars

other than that, I really can't stand them---if they are talking mavs---then I click it off immediately

Caseman

Jan 23, 2008
San Jose, CA
Anyone talking hockey besides Bob Sturm really has no idea what they're talking about. I rather listen to Mavericks talk at that point.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Norm is a delight to listen to when he rarely talks hockey. He and Mike Doocy were prepared and asked some nice questions to both Nill and Spezza.

I actually don't enjoy Norms show for just everyday listening, but he's great on interviews. His interview with the Goose was above average too.

I get the feeling most non local fans probably aren't all that aware of Goose. He's hands down the best writer at DMN. He's a jack of all trades, but I love seeing his Stars stuff.

Bkennedy*

July 14th, I need tickets.

Swear to god, if he will back it up I'm 100% down.

If he doesn't back it up, I get to call Sean Avery out. This is the best moment of my life.

Worst case scenario is I get beat up by Sean Avery and get to punch him once or twice. That's the best "worst case scenario" I've ever described in my lifetime.

Ambassador Of Fun

Jun 23, 2010
Norm is a delight to listen to when he rarely talks hockey. He and Mike Doocy were prepared and asked some nice questions to both Nill and Spezza.

I actually don't enjoy Norms show for just everyday listening, but he's great on interviews. His interview with the Goose was above average too.

I get the feeling most non local fans probably aren't all that aware of Goose. He's hands down the best writer at DMN. He's a jack of all trades, but I love seeing his Stars stuff.

Norm is good for everything but hockey. Same for Goose. While I agree his interviews are good (he definitely does research and asks pertinent questions), you can tell he doesn't know the sport that well. Same with Goose. I'm going to take anything they say about what direction the team needs to go, or analysis of the team with a huge grain of salt. I trust my opinion about the Stars/hockey in general way more than I do theirs. The only person that I feel comfortable listening to about their take on the team/sport is Bob. Danny Balis actually is decent as well from a non-tactical point of view talking about the Stars.

Caseman

Jan 23, 2008
San Jose, CA
Norm is good for everything but hockey. Same for Goose. While I agree his interviews are good (he definitely does research and asks pertinent questions), you can tell he doesn't know the sport that well. Same with Goose. I'm going to take anything they say about what direction the team needs to go, or analysis of the team with a huge grain of salt. I trust my opinion about the Stars/hockey in general way more than I do theirs. The only person that I feel comfortable listening to about their take on the team/sport is Bob. Danny Balis actually is decent as well from a non-tactical point of view talking about the Stars.
This is how I feel as well. It's as if Norm and the rest of the Ticket crew (besides Bob) don't follow the Stars unless it's an important stretch of the season or something news worthy. However, they will have regular updates on the happenings on a floundering Rangers team's 162 games+ or a mediocre Cowboys team's training camp, etc. I can't blame them. There's only so many sports you can earnestly watch, but it makes any discussion of the Stars very superficial, imo.

SolidusAKA

Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
So I am sort of confused...with Benn, Seguin, Nuke, Sceviour, Spezza, Hemsky, Roussel, Eakin, Garbutt, Horcoff, Fiddler, Eaves, Cole, Peverley, that gives us 14 FWD's.

If Peverley doesnt go on LTIR does this mean we have to move someone? If Pevs does go on LTIR, does that mean we dont have to move anyone (i.e Cole)?

Also, this basically means that Ritchie/Glennie will only be injury call ups?

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
So I am sort of confused...with Benn, Seguin, Nuke, Sceviour, Spezza, Hemsky, Roussel, Eakin, Garbutt, Horcoff, Fiddler, Eaves, Cole, Peverley, that gives us 14 FWD's.

If Peverley doesnt go on LTIR does this mean we have to move someone? If Pevs does go on LTIR, does that mean we dont have to move anyone (i.e Cole)?

Also, this basically means that Ritchie/Glennie will only be injury call ups?

Doesn't sound like you're confused to me :D

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Anyone talking hockey besides Bob Sturm really has no idea what they're talking about. I rather listen to Mavericks talk at that point.

I agree. Sometimes it's painful to listen to the station talk hockey.

I love me some musers. Those guys crack me up on a daily basis.

The Musers are by far the best, most varied show on the Ticket.

The Ticket isn't for everyone, especially if you're looking for generic ESPN/The Fan, Rome Is Burning type of sports shows. I don't even categorize the Ticket as a sports radio station in my head, I have it filed under "guy talk".

Jan 9, 2007
Australia

I don't know what to make of Gosselin. Some of his Stars stuff has been ok, but to me he's a football writer, and a damn good one. I learn so much about football from that guy. He made a great case for Aikman's HOF induction as well. Seems like a great guy too.

TrillMike

Feb 21, 2012
Dallas, TX
Love the Ticket. Grew up listening to it with my dad and still listen everyday.

I can't stand MushMouth, Basketball talk, college football talk, soccer talk or tv talk. Other than that, I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad