WWho's the best value for the $ on the Jets?

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
For what we're paying them now--it's Scheif, Ehlers, and Helle in my opinion. These guys could get way more on the "open market."

Reactions: QuietContrarian

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Not factoring in ELC's its easily Chef and Wheeler. Helle and Trouba get consideration as well but both will get big raises this summer.

ELC's shouldn't be taken into consideration as by their very nature are designed to give teams tremendous value.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
2.25m for Helle is nothing to complain about. He probably re-signs for 4.5-4.75m.

Reactions: GNP

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
There's a poll on the main board voting for best contracts in the league, Scheif was voted #1.

Not far off, but I'd said Barkov's contract is even more sick. Scheifele produces a bit more offence, but Barkov is unbelievable defensively. Cap hits 6.1 for Scheifele, 5.9 for Barkov, though Scheifele has 8 seasons while Barkov only 6 seasons.

If ELC contracts count, there is only one answer, but if they are ruled out, Scheifele is the correct answer for his long term.

For this season only, Helle. A lot of bang for the buck you can also have from cheap guys like Copp and, I surprise myself by saying this, Chiapet!

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Not far off, but I'd said Barkov's contract is even more sick. Scheifele produces a bit more offence, but Barkov is unbelievable defensively. Cap hits 6.1 for Scheifele, 5.9 for Barkov, though Scheifele has 8 seasons while Barkov only 6 seasons.

If ELC contracts count, there is only one answer, but if they are ruled out, Scheifele is the correct answer for his long term.

For this season only, Helle. A lot of bang for the buck you can also have from cheap guys like Copp and, I surprise myself by saying this, Chiapet!
So then its an easy choice for Chef than because apparently you pay more for points. Otherwise Lurch would be getting paid a lot more than most people expect since he is a beast defensively. No matter who they put on his line, Copp, Tanev, Armia.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Do we count ELC's ?

Exactly. I've already stated Laine's ELC together with his 41 goals make him clearly the best contract on the team by a country mile...perhaps 100 country miles?

I'll go further & say he's presently the best deal in the entire league.

Would it be ridiculous to suggest its the best contract in all of sports? If so by how many country miles?

Clearly the OP should have banned ELC's from this discussion.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
I always assume that ELC's are excluded from these discussions unless specified otherwise. Laine being 2nd in goals is incredible value wise. But that's just the nature of ELC's.

Scheif is signed long term on one of the best contracts in the league. To get top-10 C in the game for 6M cap hit is insanely good value. And it's 8 years. Amazing job by Chevy to get that negotiated.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Currently Hellebuyck and Laine.

They are going to betting paid big money when their new contracts are due.
Both are still RFA's. Laine will get his big ticket, but goalies coming off their breakout years especially as RFA's will likely get a much more modest amount. History is filled with goalies that never maintained all star level play year after year. I'd expect Chevy to hold advantage and Helly sign something in the 4 year range at about $4 - 4.5 M or so. Murray signed for $3.75 M AAV for 3 seasons after 2 cups and never dropping below a .923 in a regular season or playoffs.

Reactions: Arthur Fonzarelli

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad