GDT: WWE Survivor Series (Nov. 20, 2016) -- lolol 6 hours in Toronto

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
Managed to get a ticket to this (and every other show this weekend) stoked!

KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Aug 2, 2005
MA
So, I haven't been following the product for awhile now. What's the over under on John Cena showing up to replace Shane McMahon, and then somehow costing the team the loss..which angers The Undertaker and sets up their match/feud for Mania? Too soon for that?

That's not how over under works.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
This card looks like absolute ****. And the headline is a rematch of perhaps the worst match ever. And we are going to have to sit through 6,000 more occurences of the phrase "fantasy warfare just got real".

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
This card looks like absolute ****. And the headline is a rematch of perhaps the worst match ever. And we are going to have to sit through 6,000 more occurences of the phrase "fantasy warfare just got real".

People told me the card looked good and when I put together this GDT and saw the actual card my face was in permanent "o_O" until I hit submit.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Man Goldberg looks fantastic during his photo shoot. A little just for men will make him look like a formidable opponent.

Last edited:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Card is absolutely garbage with zero stakes. 6 hours is just insane.

Even the IC match lost steam because they took Dolph out for some dumb reason

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
6 hours is insane just like 3 hour raws and however many ppv's they are holding per year. Wrestling is one of my favorite things in the world but all my energy and passion for the current product has died due to over exposure.

6 hours has to be the worst of it. Even for a big 4 ppv, 6 hours is far too long to ask the live audience to stay engaged in the show. Poor Canadiens. When I went to raw 2 years ago I was begging for the show to end for the entire 3rd hour.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
6 hours is insane just like 3 hour raws and however many ppv's they are holding per year. Wrestling is one of my favorite things in the world but all my energy and passion for the current product has died due to over exposure.

6 hours has to be the worst of it. Even for a big 4 ppv, 6 hours is far too long to ask the live audience to stay engaged in the show. Poor Canadiens. When I went to raw 2 years ago I was begging for the show to end for the entire 3rd hour.

Most UFC events are about that - generally a tad longer for PPVs. A lot of the people don't show up until halfway through the televised prelims and in big cities, like Vegas where you're spending so much $$, the main card.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I'd argue the difference is that the UFC has big time draws who aren't overexposed and ooze personality and charisma.

I could watch a guy like McGregor or Sonnen trash talk and cut promos for 6 hours straight.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
UFC/WWE comparisons are too weird. They are nothing alike. But in this fantasy world, if McGregor fought 2x a week, and was 50/50 wins/losses for booking purposes, and was limited in what he could say creatively... he wouldn't be a major draw.

The two aren't comparable. Two completely separate worlds.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The problem here is the build was ****, and there is zero stakes. AJ and KO getting into the same ring in a champ vs champ match should be amazing, but they did next to nothing to build this up.

They did more work to promote Goldberg/Brock and that match only exists to sell video games.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
I hope there is more on the line than just the fate of the IC and the cruiserweights. Isn't there supposed to be talent switching brands if one brand can win 2 of 3 Survivor Series matches?

Goldberg-Lesnar...should be a decent brawly brawl but like most WWE things, they're going for big events rather than putting together great matches. They cling to the past way too much when they've got a lot of talent on their roster.

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI
First time seeing the full card. Yikes. A 10-on-10? I bet Miz/Zayn will be good (though I am a bit surprised Ziggler lost the belt that soon after maybe the best match of his career). Cruiserweight match has serious stakes. Is it really 6 hours? That seems like a lot for this.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Man Goldberg looks fantastic during his photo shoot. A little just for men will make him look like a formidable opponent.

Don't know why him or shane didn't dye their hair for their matches. Doesn't take much effort and you're doing it for your kids. Don't you want them to remember you as this awesome guy in the ring not just an aging guy thats in there for his kids?

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Why the **** does the kick off have to be 2 hours?

Can't wait for a 30 minute elimination match featuring the likes of Curtis Axel, Jinder Mahal, R-Truth, Titus O'Neill and Daren Young. :laugh:

littleD

Survivor Series elimination matches have never been very good. This year probably no different.

Really wish the tag match wasn't a thing, since there is about four half decent tag teams in the entire WWE. When is Smackdown taking the tag belts off those jobbers?

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
The tag match 10 man SS elimination will feel gimmicky and will look terrible with everyone up there waiting for a tag. It sucks. It's not fun and it's dumb. Just have a good tag match and let the crowd enjoy it... (like last night?)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Consider the Survivor Series matches, and how WhatCulture did a list of the 10 best matches at Survivor Series and it didn't include any actual Survivor Series matches.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad