GDT: WWE Hell In A Cell, October 6th, 7ET

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
My guess is they start with Tyson Fury. They've been running their biggest promoted stuff at the open of the show recently.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Randy vs. Rusev is supposedly opening if WWE’s preview wasn’t full of shit (had no mention of Seth or Bray)

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The full Bryan and Vinny was worth a listen.

Bryan said for all the complaining WWE marks make about New Japan or AEW about all people do is kick out of finishers. Both promotions have never done anything like this where a guy no sells every single finisher a wrestler has. Not even Brock or Braun no selled to this extent.

Seth is the geek of geeks.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
ONLY doing curb stomps and what NJPW does is way different.
if we wanna really bitch. there was a 60 minute match with other 2 matches in a fued (with an AEW guy) where it was all about him not being able to hit his finisher.

yes they have a style over there, but they at least protect moves and their stars.
Seth did like 11 of his Curb Stomps and a pedigree.... lets not even go there lol

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
Man PERFECT gif. Perfect scene. That is going to Bray hiding somewhere after wrestling is over. Just cringing that Vince did this.

Man... i am sick to my stomach. :laugh: I cannot believe i'm actually this beat up but I just feel for the man. Dude is next level greatness just absolutely ruined. I think he will go down as the #1 ruined wrestler of all time. 2 unreal characters ruined.

3 if you count my HFWF run. @Disclose

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
NJPW have talents with signature moves that end the matches, and most finishers are protected to an extent.

Do they kick out of finishers? Yeah. Okada’s Rainmaker is kicked out of. But they make it clear that it happens when he doesn’t get full rotation and momentum most of the time. Moxley’s underhook DDT was kicked out of, and then what? He didn’t do stupid shit like 20 more, he did one last super finish with the impaler underhook DDT and that finished it.

There is no comparison. Rollins spammed the f*** out of his finisher and killed any shred of credibility.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Alright so i just tube’d “pedigree Kane” and the worst one of all time shows up in the search. From one of the blood money events recently. But there’s also one from a while back that Kane eats like a champ

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Yeah he sandbagged Rollins bad. I hate that ****.

To Bray's credit, it was probably pretty tough for him to get his bearings, having that mask on and wrestling the entire match in a red haze. Plus he needed to time the bump along with Rollins, choreographed perfectly, possibly listening for audible cues while the arena was filled with loud booing due to the complete **** show that was unfolding at the time.

Not the easiest thing to do.

Reactions: Sheppy

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I recall Big Show taking some knee bumps. I don’t think it’s realistic to expect guys as huge as Show and Kane to regularly take bumps as others would.

Reactions: TD Charlie

BiolaRunner

Jan 19, 2018
If they wanted to do a DQ finish, which is still stupid, they should have done it differently. You have Rollins lose it after weeks of being tormented and attacked. He could still hit all the stomps and pedigree and everything he did in the match, but have him never go for a pin. When he grabs the sledgehammer, the ref tells him to drop it and just pin him and end it and he refuses. Could have been a kick-start to his heel turn.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad